Random Thoughts....

Some fat asian lecturer talking about all the women he picked up on...

irc...

So I'm thinking of getting a new Leatherman to replace the Juice that I may or may not have lost somewhere around this house. :cry: I'm split between the Crunch, with its epic vise-grip pliers, or the Wave with its more versatile tool collection and outside-accessible knives. I never liked using the pliers on Leathermans so I think the Crunch would be more handy when working on cars and bikes, but the Wave is just more versatile overall - especially for camping. I could always buy a proper pair of Vise-Grips.

The Crunch and Wave are $69 and $63 on Amazon.com, respectively. But I'd probably buy them at an actual store, because Eagle Scout discounts at outdoor stores rock.

(Wonder where else I could save money with my Scout card...) :think:

Wave, no doubt.

Hmm, I got my copy of Fallout 3 in the mail today. It works in single player and stuff, but it came with no CD key and the packing looks a bit fake.....

I emailed the seller, but is there anything I can do right now??

Hmm, I got my copy of Fallout 3 in the mail today. It works in single player and stuff, but it came with no CD key and the packing looks a bit fake.....

I emailed the seller, but is there anything I can do right now??

Ummmm, not play it. I found it to be one of the most boring games I've ever owned. Promptly sold my genuine copy on eBay, sounds like you may have been duped.

Failing that, report to eBay if seller doesn't respond.

damn my mouse seems like it's finaly starting to give up on me...... and there's nothing on the market that seems as good =/
[Edit] or maybe just maybe a Logitech LX8...

Last edited:
I lost my calm today when driving with my instructor. Not in the sense that I started yelling at him or something, just lost my cool and missed a few indicators and maneuvers.

Felt pretty bad afterwards, though. Pretty downhearted to have made those mistakes. Went downhill since I stalled the engine when trying to get away from somewhere after about 40 minutes of the 90 in which I was at the wheel.

There's an user called 'quuirky' or something on here.

This can't be legit. :ban?:

Watched a guy die yesterday. He was entered in a race I was competing in and had a heart attack 'at the wheel' so to speak. He'd pulled onto the infield and was sitting in the vehicle (recumbent bike) not moving. It was maybe a minute before anyone from his team (kids mainly) got to him, and another couple of minutes before the St Johns people got there and started applying CPR and even shocking him at one point. CPR was continually applied until the paramedics arrived a few minutes later, where upon he was stabilised, loaded into the back and eventually moved off (no lights, noise or any sort of urgency).

He was 48. The tragic thing was that his son was at the scene and witnessed the whole incident.

There's an user called 'quuirky' or something on here.

There's a bunch of people with Viper, 007 or Bond as part of their names too. I say ban those 'tards while you're at it. :p

I lost my calm today when driving with my instructor. Not in the sense that I started yelling at him or something, just lost my cool and missed a few indicators and maneuvers.

Felt pretty bad afterwards, though. Pretty downhearted to have made those mistakes. Went downhill since I stalled the engine when trying to get away from somewhere after about 40 minutes of the 90 in which I was at the wheel.

Ah don't worry bout it, it happens all the time. I still cut out every now and then, or get fuddled with the indicator.

I have a lesson in about 15 minutes, and am dreading hill starts with the hand brake :(

Fuck, Dad isn't home yet with the car, he'd better hurry up!

I've done four hill starts on the foot brake today. Worked pretty well...

Just got back from my lesson.

I did about 6 hill starts, 3 with the handbrake. I found that I find it hard to work with one hand on the wheel, one on the handbrake, maintaining clutch control, and keeping up the revs all at the same time :?
I managed them ok, but the last one I came off the clutch a bit to fast and shot forward a bit, but I kind of corrected it a bit and turned quickly. So luckily my Dad's Focus is still intact!:D

I also need to work on my speed, I came up a bit too fast to roundabouts and red lights and had to brake pretty hard.
There were a couple of roundabouts where I didn't stop in time, so I had ro accelerate like a bat out of hell to get ahead of the car coming from the right...

Still, didn't kill anyone, and I know what I have to work on. AND I haven't cut out in nearly 2 weeks!!:banana:

Instructor says I should wait until after Christmas to apply for my test, as opposed to my Dad, who reckoned I should book it now, and work towards a date 8-12 weeks away...
Haven't practised reverse around the corner, go way too fast and can't do a handbrake hill start without having a mini freak out but ya Dad...I will sail the test :rolleyes:

Still though, after 6 weeks, I am makingpretty good progress I think:)