Random Thoughts....

Yes, I swiped yours when you came to the states... yours got rejected by everyone. ;)

The bastards... I should have known that changing my birthyear from 1988 to 1888 wouldn't fool anybody.

Instructor says I should wait until after Christmas to apply for my test, as opposed to my Dad, who reckoned I should book it now, and work towards a date 8-12 weeks away...

My opinion: only book a definitive date when you are really comfortable with driving and the requirements of the test.
Don't take this the wrong way, but judging from your other posts setbacks really seem to upset you quite a bit. So I would imagine setting a fixed date before you feel ready and then "working towards it" might build up too much pressure on you and leave you uncertain whether you're really prepared well enough as the test's date approaches.
And you definately don't want that mindset for your test. ;)
Just try to go at your own pace and decide when you're ready yourself, don't let others like your dad or even your instrcutor push you into something. :)

So I'm thinking of getting a new Leatherman. . .
(Wonder where else I could save money with my Scout card...) :think:

Wave for sure, I love mine.

Campmor.com gives scout discounts if you go through a troop.

My opinion: only book a definitive date when you are really comfortable with driving and the requirements of the test.
Don't take this the wrong way, but judging from your other posts setbacks really seem to upset you quite a bit. So I would imagine setting a fixed date before you feel ready and then "working towards it" might build up too much pressure on you and leave you uncertain whether you're really prepared well enough as the test's date approaches.
And you definately don't want that mindset for your test. ;)
Just try to go at your own pace and decide when you're ready yourself, don't let others like your dad or even your instrcutor push you into something. :)

Oh ya I know, I know in my heart that I am FAAAR from ready to even book the test. And I would be stressing myself out way too much by setting some date.
My instructor said that from his POV I really just need 2 more lessons with him, I've had about 9 so far, and after that if I feel I need more just to say.

So no-one was pushing me into anything really. Instructor recognises that I have to feel comfortable with what he wants me to do, eg. turning into a certain street, etc, but he still gives me that extra push every lesson, which has helped me a lot with my confidence, and I think Dad is starting to trust me alot more with my driving aswell.

But as you said, I should just take it slow, and now jump the gun. It's been working pretty well for me so far :)

I feel like MacGyver.

I noticed there was a bolt loose in this chair, and it's an allen key (hex? either one).
So, not having the correct tool, I improvised.

I grabbed scissors, put the tips of the blades in the hole, and opened the scissors up as much as I could, then turned it and it actually worked lol.

I feel like MacGyver.

I noticed there was a bolt loose in this chair, and it's an allen key (hex? either one).
So, not having the correct tool, I improvised.

I grabbed scissors, put the tips of the blades in the hole, and opened the scissors up as much as I could, then turned it and it actually worked lol.

You should grow a mullet to complete the image...:p

In other random news...mmmmm, Options Belgian Choc :)

Options Belgian Choc :)

That reminds me of that time I went to Brussels and brought back a load of Belgian chocolate... only to find out a few weeks later that my parents had already eaten it all before I tried it.
Damn you, parents! :shakefist:

Did Jezza, James and Hammond really buy their classics from that show?

Just got back from my lesson.

I did about 6 hill starts, 3 with the handbrake. I found that I find it hard to work with one hand on the wheel, one on the handbrake, maintaining clutch control, and keeping up the revs all at the same time :?
I managed them ok, but the last one I came off the clutch a bit to fast and shot forward a bit, but I kind of corrected it a bit and turned quickly. So luckily my Dad's Focus is still intact!:D

I also need to work on my speed, I came up a bit too fast to roundabouts and red lights and had to brake pretty hard.
There were a couple of roundabouts where I didn't stop in time, so I had ro accelerate like a bat out of hell to get ahead of the car coming from the right...

Still, didn't kill anyone, and I know what I have to work on. AND I haven't cut out in nearly 2 weeks!!:banana:

Instructor says I should wait until after Christmas to apply for my test, as opposed to my Dad, who reckoned I should book it now, and work towards a date 8-12 weeks away...
Haven't practised reverse around the corner, go way too fast and can't do a handbrake hill start without having a mini freak out but ya Dad...I will sail the test :rolleyes:

Still though, after 6 weeks, I am makingpretty good progress I think:)

You wouldn't even be able to book your license test here, from memory you now have to hold your learners for 12 months and have 120 hours practice logged.

Also it's amazing what a bit of glossy paper does for peoples perceptions for a board meeting

Did Jezza, James and Hammond really buy their classics from that show?

Who knows... but for once Top Gear copied Fifth Gear... Fifth Gear used to do these auction bits like once every series at least. :p

God damnit, i'm tired of these reported posts and pm's from the F1 section about personal attacks, "useless threads", "official topics", etc. It is just a fucking race in which you have no influence on. Quit bitching at others, drop the attitudes, and shut the fuck up already before I have to start blocking people from that section.

God damnit, i'm tired of these reported posts and pm's from the F1 section about personal attacks, "useless threads", "official topics", etc. It is just a fucking race in which you have no influence on. Quit bitching at others, drop the attitudes, and shut the fuck up already before I have to start blocking people from that section.

I'm glad I find F1 boring. :p

Last edited:

The race is usually so boring they have to make their own drama :p

I need a vacation, soon. The idiots I work with and deal with on the phone are really starting to get on my nerves. Worst part is, the weekend doesn't feel relaxing until Sunday!

Next time I see the airfare+hotel bundle for ~$950, I'm getting it. <_< Saw it for $925 some time last week, didn't pounce on it since I thought I might see it lower :cry: I didn't..

INSOMNIA FUCKING SUCKS!

If I don't get to sleep by 5, I'm staying up. Fuck it.

Finished my stuff for the day half an hour ago, and it's only 12:28.

*insert deity of choice* damn it, lol.

INSOMNIA FUCKING SUCKS!

If I don't get to sleep by 5, I'm staying up. Fuck it.

Same problem here, 5:33 am, not sleepy at all atm, but I KNOW I will fall asleep at around 9am, which will royally fuck up any sort of sleep patterns.:(

It used to be a good place where you'd get some informed discussions happening but now it's just gone waay downhill to the point where I rarely bother posting there.