Random Thoughts....

Office is unfortunately the large corporate standard - I find its interoperability not particularly good - I am using Visio alot at the moment but I need the diagrams in Word too - could integrate better IMHO.

I like Visio however - you can design a data base in it FCS! It was only a diagramming tool to start with.

As much as I like to use freeware and open-source alternatives, I haven't found anything better than Office. OpenOffice is competent but MS Office 2007 is just better.

I learned Office on the 2003 version. In fact I scored a perfect 1000 on some certification exam we did in high school for office suite (including word, excel, powerpoint, access, and outlook- I hate outlook). Then I move to college and suddenly we've got office 2007. Nothing is the same, options that were easily accessible in 2003 are now hidden behind convoluted buttons, tabs and submenus, the stupid text formatting box is constantly getting in the way, all in the name of simplicity and ease of use. Yeah right. Takes me twice as long to do anything that's not type in default text in Office 2007 as it does in 2003.

Drives me batty.

I've never understood why in Excel you can have several books open, yet in Word they force a whole new window to open with a new document. Why can't it be in the same damned window? :shakefist:

Office 2007 is a piece shit. Everyone I know just reverted back to Office 2003 or uses Openoffice now.

I like Office 2007 more than 2003. Took some time to get used to, but it's just better. IMO it's more logical than 2003.

I too like Office 2007 (and 2008), but I've since moved onto other software. In my last two years of uni I used Apple Pages. Office was only used at the end to make sure the formating looked right when I printed it out.

By the way, best things in Office apps are help-files. Compared to other softwares I use they are way better. Most of the time I found what I'm looking for with Office Help, with other apps I have to go on the interwebs for answer.

Yeah, I found Office 07 and Vista's help files to be... helpful, surprisingly. Can't say the same for the old versions.

Can someone help me identify this song?
It's a theme song as far as I know

"There's a voice,
That keeps on calling me
A *something* voice...
That's where I'll always be.
Maybe tomorrow, I will settle down (down down)
etc

Yeah...I suck at this...:)

Wow, I really, really, really suck at driving games. :cry:

My 8 year old (girl) cousin beat me, my brother, my uncle and my Dad at Wii Mario Racers.

I'm sure you're not that bad :)

Need random thought thread people's help. Need a list of great movies I can "get" to watch on my laptop for two 14hr flights. Any sort of movie is fine, though comedy and action are preferred.
Fight Club. Just saw the movie last night. Have seen it many times before, still just as good.

actual racing > racing games
That's why I gave up racing games, so if I start real-world racing, my game instincts wouldn't hold me back.

Welcome to finalgear.com fellow commoners!
Wha' happened?:?