Random Thoughts....

My boss is a moron...why does one of my co-workers get double the hours of me and another guy. He isn't higher up we are all just assosiates (although he is considered Senior Sales Asssosiate) so he can check email on the computers, but no increase in pay or responsibilities.

This guy has screwed up more than me and the other guy combined, and yet we get his hours between the two of us? REALLY? I have better numbers then this guy does too, and I don't even care about numbers why this guy gives away sales that wont give him a good precentage.

I have to talk to my other boss about this...but hes on vacation and only works once next week, so that means I have to get in the store before 12:00 to talk to him before the guy making the schedual gets there.

I am sick of 3 hours shifts at 6-9...it kinda kills the night.

^ my last job they only game me hours when I couldn't work, then they fired me for being unavailable on days I told them I was unavailable for. :( Now I have no hours.

I have had the MOST relaxing weekend in a very long time. A great finish to my week's holiday. Back to work tomorrow and a mountain of emails no doubt, bugger!

I have had the MOST relaxing weekend in a very long time. A great finish to my week's holiday. Back to work tomorrow and a mountain of emails no doubt, bugger!

you can just tell it's going to be shitty when lotus notes takes like 5 minutes to open, it's ohhh fuu---

I power up and load Notes, sign-in then go to the coffee machine and have a chat - its usually on in-box by the time I get back.

I power up and load Notes, sign-in then go to the coffee machine and have a chat - its usually on in-box by the time I get back.

I sometimes manage to go downstairs wait for a cuppachino before lotus notes is done, it's seriously the biggest piece of crap ever.

Notes one good point is the integration with databases - You got to define some decent DBs forst of course. We are using V8.02 at the mo - its OK I suppose. Not prone to viruses in conjunction with the Company email Filter 'protocol'.

Notes one good point is the integration with databases - You got to define some decent DBs forst of course. We are using V8.02 at the mo - its OK I suppose. Not prone to viruses in conjunction with the Company email Filter 'protocol'.

As in the integrated databases within Lotus? Can't stand them either, find them very clunky and they take FOREVER to load up. Frustrating to the max. No idea what version we run.

They should of died in the late ninties, they're horriable. I don't have any experience coding them but I can only assume that either everyone is shit at programming at it or just lazy

The real plus with them is the replication - means you can work offline on a database updating a number of records and the when you get back in range of a wireless connection - or back to the office you replicate the local copy - it does the updates unless there has been a an clash of update and a save replicant record occurs and you are warned about it. That means that when you are on line you sort out the clash with the correct details in the record and delet you replicant record.

I wonder why your employers didn't test out lotus notes before they started using it. My school (which uses office for email) has this rather annoying glitch which fills up your inbox with the message 'Your Inbox is Almost Full' after a while. Well of course it's almost full if you send me five of the same email every day!

^ Wow, same here! We blame the IT technician, who is an idiot. She doesn't have a clue what she's doing :lol:

I am sick of 3 hours shifts at 6-9...it kinda kills the night.

as in 18 to 21 o'clock? PM? That doesn't sound too bad to me, I rarely ever leave the house before 9PM anyways. I used to work 7 to 11 or 8 to midnight, that's more annoying.

I wonder why your employers didn't test out lotus notes before they started using it. My school (which uses office for email) has this rather annoying glitch which fills up your inbox with the message 'Your Inbox is Almost Full' after a while. Well of course it's almost full if you send me five of the same email every day!

Because when most of the legacy databases were created nobody forecasted that they would be in use for the next fifteen years, one of the consultants we had said that a large federal department had over 3000 lotus notes databases...

Apparently my father is dead.

I am not sure how I feel, I haven't seen him for about 10 years.... Guess I'll have a funeral to go to.....

Apparently my father is dead.

I am not sure how I feel, I haven't seen him for about 10 years.... Guess I'll have a funeral to go to.....

That's not something you drop on a forum so easily.

Sorry to hear that, hope you can work out whatever issues you may have had with him. :comfort: