Random Thoughts....

Yeah! I just received a $50 gift voucher (coles myer group gift card for any Aussies wondering) from faculty for helping out at open day, and now I'm wondering what I should blow it on.

Maybe a Leather jacket???

That's going to be one shitty "leatherette" jacket for $50

Sometimes I don't understand though, why do some companies allow their employees to take their laptops home, but not bring their USBs to work?

Because if done properally, a corporate desktop will have nothing of significance on it anyway. I know that there are much stricter controls if you're connected via a VPN connections than if you're in the office (time outs etc) Besides they want you to take the laptop home to work...

And they're not on the company's back-up tapes either?
(And allowing USB sticks is a big security hole unless it's done right, so lots of people choose to just disallow them)

Use irssi. White letters in a black terminal look work related from a distance :p

Unfortunately it doesn't look anything like my work :( What I really need to create is a VBA program that is IRC in word.

iphone-tomtom-app-store-4-up.png

Lol, New Zealand

Last edited:
No, it'll partially fund my leather jacket.

Its just one of many options I'm exploring on how to blow that $50.

^Nah.

I want some kind of gadget. Maybe an MP3 player?

Shame its not a JB hi-fi voucher :(

Well, worst case it'll pay for 50 quids worth of grocery at Coles :p

I've also just started noticing that I say "quid" a lot.

Yeah! I just received a $50 gift voucher (coles myer group gift card for any Aussies wondering) from faculty for helping out at open day, and now I'm wondering what I should blow it on.

Maybe a Leather jacket???

Ah! I know what Uni you go to :p I got that email as well, yesterday, shows how frequently I check the Uni email!!!

So I had a dentist appointment this morning that I was dreading since I had heard that military dentists have a reputation of being less than gentle and seeing as I'm the most squeamish person in the world I was worried. But it turned out to be the best cavity filling I've ever had done. I didn't feel anything. Huzzah!

Ah! I know what Uni you go to :p I got that email as well, yesterday, shows how frequently I check the Uni email!!!

I got my before yesterday, so yeah......

I just get all my uni email redirected, and half of it is junk.

I got my before yesterday, so yeah......

I just get all my uni email redirected, and half of it is junk.

Ah! Well, exactly the same 'gift' if you were involved in Swinburne's Open Day as a student. When I say I got that email yesterday, I mean I only just checked the Uni email and saw it. Don't bother with forwarding it.

Nah, I'm not at Swinburne.

The weather yesterday was fucken terrible. I wonder how many people decided to stay home instead of go to either the Swinburne or Melbourne uni open day...

And how do you add titles to your user panel on the LHS?

My uncle and cousin stayed over last night to pick up my other cousin from Shannon Airport this morning.

The cousin who was staying over is a 10 year old boy who, as it turns out, loves Top Gear.

I happened to be watching the BBC2 repeat at the time in the living room, and when they arrived I was scooted off to the back room. My parents asked my cousin if he wanted to watch it inside with me. He said "Ah no, I'm fine thanks.", in that high-pitched Cork accent.

So I was sitting in the backroom, the rest of them were in the front room, talking about the the economy and politics and shit.
After Top Gear was over, and I had watched an episode of South Park, I thought I should probably show my face.

There were about 5 awkward silences where everyone was just sitting around, waiting for someone else to say something...

Should I be insulted that my 10 year old cousin couldn't stand to spend half an hour in a room with me while watching Top Gear? Because I feel insulted :(

Should I be insulted that my 10 year old cousin couldn't stand to spend half an hour in a room with me while watching Top Gear? Because I feel insulted :(

It's probably more that you're 8/9 years older and he's probably a bit scared.
Maybe.

Either way it's not really worth worrying about, little kids are strange.
Unless of course you two have been really good friends.

Nothing beats the smell of freshly cut grass. Nothing...absolutely nothing comes even close...I should cut the grass more often just for the scent.

The best odour in existence. By far. Someone should bottle it and sell it as perfume. I would be sold in a heartbeat if an attractive girl came at me smelling literally like a meadow.

Last edited:
It's probably more that you're 8/9 years older and he's probably a bit scared.
Maybe.

Either way it's not really worth worrying about, little kids are strange.
Unless of course you two have been really good friends.

Fair enough...we're not exactly close.

But when I went into the rest of them later on he was just sitting there, twiddling his thumbs while the rest of them were talking about NAMA and shit, bored off his arse.

Don't really know why he came to be honest...

Nothing beats the smell of freshly cut grass. Nothing...absolutely nothing comes even close...I should cut the grass more often just for the scent.

The best odour in existence. By far. Someone should bottle it and sell it as perfume. I would be sold in a heartbeat if an attractive girl came at me smelling literally like a meadow.
I think you are cutting the wrong grass, dude...

^ It does smell awesome if it's dewy, dry grass doesn't have much strength in smell