Random Thoughts....

I fucking hate, loathe and despise the miserable existence that is my pathetic life.

Had the job interview today.....and they loved me, the absolutely an utterly loved me and everything I said. My application was the best of the lot, they liked my attitude, my work history, my personality, my performance at the interview, even the fact that I spent 12 months in the army and have an officer's rank to show for it....

I had it, it was right there.

Except for one small detail.

I don't have a car or a laptop. I could sense that they would've hired me on the spot had I answered these two questions "yes" instead of "no".....Do you have a car and a laptop. But I don't.

And I could do this...I could do this job soooooo well. The whole shabang would start in less than three weeks time. They'll be calling me tomorrow and unless I can somehow come up with a strategy in less than 24 hours with which I can assure them that I am capable of starting with them when the 15th of September comes around.

But let's face the facts. That just ain't going to happen. I have no money, no income and therefore no car, no laptop, which will lead to me having still no job.

Fuck. My. Life.

No I am not a religious person, I am an atheist. But if there is a god, IF by some accident there is some all powerful heavenly father watching down on me right now: FUCK YOU.

Today I have discovered...

Even the biggest sturdiest umbrella is utterly useless against the onslaught that is horizontal rain / hail. I only had to walk a block or so to my car and by the time I go there I was saturated through three layers of clothing. My hoodie is still drying in front of the heater. All hell broke loose at 4:30 just as I was leaving class with nowhere to go but the carpark which is on a slope and had a river of water running down it that saturated my shoes and socks too. Joy.

However, eating pizza in front of a log fire afterwards and being warm and dry is FTMFW!

Last edited:
I fucking hate, loathe and despise the miserable existence that is my pathetic life.

Had the job interview today.....and they loved me, the absolutely an utterly loved me and everything I said. My application was the best of the lot, they liked my attitude, my work history, my personality, my performance at the interview, even the fact that I spent 12 months in the army and have an officer's rank to show for it....

I had it, it was right there.

Except for one small detail.

I don't have a car or a laptop. I could sense that they would've hired me on the spot had I answered these two questions "yes" instead of "no".....Do you have a car and a laptop. But I don't.

And I could do this...I could do this job soooooo well. The whole shabang would start in less than three weeks time. They'll be calling me tomorrow and unless I can somehow come up with a strategy in less than 24 hours with which I can assure them that I am capable of starting with them when the 15th of September comes around.

But let's face the facts. That just ain't going to happen. I have no money, no income and therefore no car, no laptop, which will lead to me having still no job.

Fuck. My. Life.

No I am not a religious person, I am an atheist. But if there is a god, IF by some accident there is some all powerful heavenly father watching down on me right now: FUCK YOU.

Hm, what about offering them to first thing buy a laptop and a car from your salary? Maybe you can agree on them giving you a little advance f.e. so you can at least get a laptop before you start the job?

Hm, what about offering them to first thing buy a laptop and a car from your salary? Maybe you can agree on them giving you a little advance f.e. so you can at least get a laptop before you start the job?

Not gonna work - the job is a real estate agent; salary comes from commission alone, so the first paycheck may come after the first month, might take four months.

Basically I would have to come up with 10.000-12.000? in less than 24 hours. Yeeeaaaahh.....don't think so.

Ugh....when they call me tomorrow all will be much clearer....IF they say they will hire me if I can scrape up a car and a laptop, there will be a man shaped hole in the front door as I have barged head first to the nearest bank to negotiate a loan. Just have to survive through this day....much easier said than done.

Last edited:
Worst fucking exam paper today.

You know it's like that scenario when you step out of the exam hall and everyone around you is all "WOW PHEW THAT WAS EASY!" while you're thinking "shit, that paper was really hard." - yeah, I just had that happen to me. FML.

I feel so demoralised now I don't even feel like studying for tomorrow's paper.

Not gonna work - the job is a real estate agent; salary comes from commission alone, so the first paycheck may come after the first month, might take four months.

Basically I would have to come up with 10.000-12.000? in less than 24 hours. Yeeeaaaahh.....don't think so.

Ugh....when they call me tomorrow all will be much clearer....IF they say they will hire me if I can scrape up a car and a laptop, there will be a man shaped hole in the front door as I have barged head first to the nearest bank to negotiate a loan. Just have to survive through this day....much easier said than done.
Rent the car? Rent the Laptop? Borrow the money to buy the car / laptop from the Bank? Credit Card it (risky do not do that but people have!)?

No one could lend you the Lap Top for a while? Parents/siblings/friends/random Finns on FG?

Worst fucking exam paper today.

You know it's like that scenario when you step out of the exam hall and everyone around you is all "WOW PHEW THAT WAS EASY!" while you're thinking "shit, that paper was really hard." - yeah, I just had that happen to me. FML.

I feel so demoralised now I don't even feel like studying for tomorrow's paper.

Same, same and same- I feel your pain :hug:

Have to start studying tomorrow for my final exam in my trails, and I keep going "sweet! Thn it's all over!!!!!" Noooo, have to do this all again in October/November, except then the stakes are much higher- 50% of my year's work actually.... *gulp*

Oh well, have heaps of good stuff between then and now- my birthday for instance :D. Got a new dress for it today (for my party with my friends and lunch out with the family), and I adore it. Ordered my cake too. Will have to post pics of both- they are brilliant.
/girly-ness

Had some really weird wall posts on facebook for the past couple of days.

Scenario: Got teased for listenning to Norah Jones, had a bad day, took it too seriously, acted like a douche and so on. Tried to apologise afterwards and then the funny started

Me:
What the hell is wrong with Norah Jones and why the hell would you care? Just because someone else likes something you don't doesn't mean you can rag them out for it.

And just for kicks, what do you listen to?

Him
geese take a fucking joke settle done seriously wtf
fucking better stuff than my grandmas music

Me:
So are you implying that Norah Jones is grandma music? Lets face it anything that isn't top 100 or hyper loud qualifies itself to you as grandma music doesn't it?

Him
yeah it is no but norah jones is

Me:
Yeah...that doesn't even make sense, but it is useless talking to you anyway so I'm going to end it there. -

Him:
go listen to ur gay music and learn how to take a joke

Me
Go listen to your bogan music and learn the value of a thoughtful conversation (and grammar and punctuation as well).

Him
you fucking cant talk norah jones is prob a drug fucked hippy and serious who cares its facebook not a english test thts why u cant take a joke ur to fuckin up ur self and can't take a joke

Me:
It matters when your sentences no longer resemble a sentence, also, what makes you think I can't take a joke? Asking for an explanation why you care about my music tastes doesn't exactly scream fuck you now does it?

Him:
well fucking learn english then. because it started as a joke then you took it too far! by fucking going anal. well norah jones does FUCK YOU!

Me:
;and yet here you are all capitals and exclamation marks.

Him:
and yet you are so gay and didnt you get it last time FUCK YOU and you cant even face up and say it to my face just give it up

Me:
You know what? I'll take that advice and give up.

Him:
take it and listen to gay music

Me:
I should've just listened to you in the first place and just left it instead of taking it way too far like I did. Apologies, no hard feelings?

Him:
fuck off

Me:
eh, whatever, I tried

Him:
fucking leave it walk away

Me:
Er...I just did

Him:
well why dnt u shut up and fuck off

Me:
umm..okay then. I'll take the back door out

Last edited:
Nora who?

Any how. ...

It takes all sorts ... 2008 Idiot awards
Number One Idiot of 2008
I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the poison control centre. Today, this woman called in very upset because she caught her little daughter eating ants. I quickly reassured her that the ants are not harmful and there would be no need to bring her daughter into the hospital. She calmed down and at the end of the conversation happened to mention that she gave her daughter some ant poison to eat in order to kill the ants. I told her that she better bring her daughter in to the emergency room right away.

Number Two Idiot of 2008

Early this year, some Boeing employees decided to steal a life raft from one of the 747s. They were successful in getting it out of the plane and home. Shortly after they took it for a float on the river, they noticed a Coast Guard helicopter coming toward them. It turned out that the chopper was homing in on the emergency locater beacon that activated when the raft was inflated. They are no longer employed at Boeing.

Number Three Idiot of 2008

A man, wanting to rob a downtown Bank of America, walked into the branch and wrote this, 'Put all your muny in this bag.' While standing in line, waiting to give his note to the teller, he began to worry that someone had seen him write the note and might call the police before he reached the teller's window. So he left the Bank of America and crossed the street to the Wells Fargo Bank.

After waiting a few minutes in line, he handed his note to the Wells Fargo teller. She read it and, surmising from his spelling errors that he wasn't the brightest light in the harbour, told him that she could not accept his stickup note because it was written on a Bank of America deposit slip and that he would either have to fill out a Wells Fargo deposit slip or go back to Bank of America.

Looking somewhat defeated, the man said, 'OK' and left. He was arrested a few minutes later, as he was waiting in line back at Bank of America.

Number Four Idiot of 2008

A guy walked into a little corner store with a shotgun and demanded
All of the cash from the cash drawer. After the cashier put the cash in a bag, the robber saw a bottle of Scotch that he wanted behind the counter on the shelf. He told the cashier to put it in the bag as well, but the cashier refused and said, 'Because I don't believe you are over 21.' The robber said he was, but the clerk still refused to give it to him because she didn't believe him.

At this point, the robber took his driver's license out of his wallet and gave it to the clerk. The clerk looked it over and agreed that the man was in fact over 21 and she put the Scotch in the bag. The robber then ran from the store with his loot. The cashier promptly called the police and gave the name and address of the robber that he got off the license. They arrested the robber two hours later.

Idiot Number Five of 2008

A pair of Michigan robbers entered a record shop nervously waving

revolvers. The first one shouted, 'Nobody move!' When his partner moved, the startled first bandit shot him.

Idiot Number Six of 2008

Arkansas: Seems this guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a Breeze block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the block and heaved it over his head at the window. The block bounced back knocking him unconscious. It seems the liquor store window was made of Plexi-Glass. The whole event was caught on videotape.

Idiot Number Seven of 2008

I live in a semi-rural area ( Weyauwega , Wisconsin ). We recently had a new neighbour call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many Deer are being hit by cars out here! - I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

FFFFFFFUUUUUU

Our gas has been shut off. No heat, no hot water, no oven, no grill. I'm cold, hungry, and in need of a shower. :mad:

[YOUTUBE]rX7wtNOkuHo[/YOUTUBE]

Yeh heh funny. The people who sold us this place told us that the gas was included in the quarterly fees. We've had our gas flowing for years with no trouble. Now the utilities co. is freaking out saying we never paid. We tried to contact them to work it out and they don't answer the phone. :? :dunno:

They just cut you off without contacting you first? Is that legal? If it is it should not be.

Lucky its not the heart of the winter!!!!

I have no idea. Now they are saying "it was a mistake" and that they'll reconnect it... eventually...

Meanwhile I'll microwave some roast beef to keep warm.

Last edited:
Wow, it is still 80+ degrees (F) here. Good luck and I hope you can at least get a discount or something out of it.