Random Thoughts....

You still don't get it :rolleyes: going to stop wasting my energy on trying to make you realize what I meant.

I don't understand the fascination with bacon as of late. American bacon is fucking DISGUSTING. Way too much fat and very little meat to it :(

If you say one more negative thing about bacon I swear to God (yes capital God not lower case god) I will neg rep you. Consider yourself warned.:mad:

Well I'm fully prepared to bust my curry cherry tomorrow...got all the herbs and spices needed Madras curry power, green cardamom pods, coriander seeds, cumin, and kalonji...got some ghee too. All I need now is the fresh veg and meat from the farmers market tomorrow and I'm set...sure hope I don't muck it up.<_<

I don't understand the fascination with bacon as of late. American bacon is fucking DISGUSTING. Way too much fat and very little meat to it :(

I don't like it either, it smells quite nice but if I try to eat it I get sick:(

Center cut bacon is what you need. Or if you want really meaty go with a lean turkey bacon. Yum. If it's too fatty, you're probably cooking it wrong, or letting someone else cook it wrong. Bacon should be crispy as (American) chips.

When I go to the grocery store and look at bacon, I usually see more white than red on the strips :dunno:

You should head over to an actual meat market to buy your bacon, like a place that just sells meat and nothing else.

The good turkey bacon comes in a blue package. Unfortunately, that's all I know about it. It has a medium amount of fat. The ultra low fat stuff is like eating salty paper.

:lol:

A meat market around here... there is one but I haven't been there in a long while and they loooove to overprice everything. Bought some tri-tip from them and boy was it good, even though tri-tip isn't the best.

Dembit I'm hungry now.

So I was googling to find out how far of a drive Mosport raceway for the American Le Mans race is on Sunday. My sister's boyfriend was standing behind me as its her birthday tomorrow and she came down from Toronto to celebrate it.

He pointed out on the map (google maps to be precise) the oval circuit and said "That is where the race is and all the people go to watch it." So while eye-rolling I stated "This giant track is the race we are going to, the same type of cars that do the 12 Hours of Sebring and 24 Heures de Mans."

He replies "Why would anyone want to do that, I'd fall asleep." So I explained how people usually bring tents with a bunch of people."
He tells me "You need a girlfriend."

Seriously, this guy is a moron. He works as a personal trainer (same as my sister) and he has really no plans on doing anything else. He is a complete jock and considering I am a pretty big nerd its pretty obvious his stance on my "lifestyle."

Random rant that is, we also went golfing with him, and my dad paid for it, so he kept offering beers, I usually drink 1-2 max on the course and after 9 holes, he drank 5-6 and kept offering my dad, even though my dad was driving us everywhere. He was horrible (not that it matters) but he'd swear everytime he hit a badshot and is had no edicate. I played almost as bad as him and I am decent at the game, but I don't freak out and raise my voice.

Funny thing about it all, my dad asked me on the couse "So what do you think of (insert name here). Actually I know it doesn't matter but I don't like him and he is making hard to." I agreed.

You're just mad that your size is now considered plus sized.
I think this was the first post I ever neg-repped.

I found it offensive, so I neg repped it.

American bacon is fucking DISGUSTING. Way too much fat and very little meat to it :(
You (by which I mean all in the Americas) should have some British bacon.
It's recently been made apparent to me that bacon doesn't mean the same thing here as it does across the pond.
it smells quite nice but if I try to eat it I get sick
I've heard that before somewhere...

ETA: It's how much o'clock?! Oughtn't I have been asleep since yesterday?
Damn you Bowmore! *Shakes fist at empty bottle*

Last edited:
It's recently been made apparent to me that bacon doesn't mean the same thing here as it does across the pond.
I've heard that before somewhere...

I believe I have mentioned it before. I wouldn't be surprised if it differed by country most foods do.

Fat is flavor. How else do you explain McDonald's fries suddenly becoming terrible when they switched from lard to vegetable oil in the fryers?

Last edited: