Random Thoughts....

High school doesn't have as many oppurtunities as University. Case in point - Formula SAE. If you are REMOTELY interested in being taken seriously in mechnical engineering jobs in the future this is damn good to have on your CV. High school doesn't give you the oppurtunity to go out and build A FUCKEN RACING CAR! (Melbournian, you'd probably get in purely on the basis that you're a girl :p IIRC our team has a simliar policy to encourage more female team members)

Uni also has more clubs that are great for meeting like-minded people. Granted, there are plenty where the whole aim is simply to get smashed daily, but there are some good ones too. I'm in the IET (Institution of Engineeirng and Technology) monash branch, which is international and very well recognized around the world.

Secondary school teachers always make a big fuss about how important VCE is. After your first week at uni, it just becomes a meaningless number. High school academically was piss easy compared to uni, but everywhere else uni is a much better environment.

I'm hoping that most of my lecturers, especially in my 2nd, 3rd and 4th years are understanding, as I will be working full-time at PwC and be very busy, and may have to miss lectures/tutorials due to being away doing auditing away from newy. But I think they will expect me to be of the same calibre as the otehr trainees of now and past, which I don't think I am to be honest.

I also hope they are understanding next year as I am having surgery sometime and will most likely need time off uni to recover. Joy....

I wouldn't count on it. I had a major car accident last year and suffered from memory loss (still do to a small extent now). I applied for special consideration, but I got absolutely nothing. Fuck the engineering staff.

You work at PwC? Any chance you could get me in? :p

^ I'm going to work at PwC starting 2011, but they are paying my way through full-time uni next year, so I will technically work for them, just not... working :S

And I think if I get in early and talk to them, get assignments in early, etc. they should be ok with me missing a few weeks and getting notes later (and that will only be a maybe, I'm hoping to get said surgery done in a uni holiday and recover quickly- did when i had wisdom teeth out). I'm aiming to only miss lectures and tutorials, not exams/assignments.

And yeah, I'm doing my HSC (NSW's VCE aka our leaving exams that baically determine whether or not we can get into our uni courses we want) in less than a month (eep!), and already i know they are a bit pointless. I don't expect them to be as easy and pushover-ish as the School Certificate, but I have ben conditioned by my school to do horrendously evil exams, so I am hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Hoping and planning to study like mad......

I gave up on VCE after 2 weeks into the year, and still came out with a 90+ enter score, so yeah...

Shame its so expensive...

Professional movers have got to be some of the laziest people... in the world. As me and my cousin are moving his refrigerator into his new house, the movers next door have 3 men half-successfully lifting a tiny reclining chair.

Also, his new house's front porch is stupid and useless when moving things. I hate it.

It's the first ever free stuff day today in Winnipeg. I woke up at 10, a while after I got up we started putting stuff out. We put out two old dressers and a mirror thing that goes on top of one, some lamps and a light post, two old ginormous 19 inch CRT monitors, and a old crappy bike. The furniture was gone before we even got it to the street, all that's still out there is the older of the two monitors. Jolly good, eh wot?

I think my refrigirator just died...

Real men don't store bear in the fridge, they build a kegerator.

Today was a wonderful day :mrgreen:
I saw a jaaaaag, I made some muffins, and my grandparents got a puppy!

<<And I'm over 333 posts! Now I'm half evil
http://img22.imageshack.**/img22/7347/vamp2u.gif

^ I'm going to work at PwC starting 2011, but they are paying my way through full-time uni next year, so I will technically work for them, just not... working :S

And I think if I get in early and talk to them, get assignments in early, etc. they should be ok with me missing a few weeks and getting notes later (and that will only be a maybe, I'm hoping to get said surgery done in a uni holiday and recover quickly- did when i had wisdom teeth out). I'm aiming to only miss lectures and tutorials, not exams/assignments.

And yeah, I'm doing my HSC (NSW's VCE aka our leaving exams that baically determine whether or not we can get into our uni courses we want) in less than a month (eep!), and already i know they are a bit pointless. I don't expect them to be as easy and pushover-ish as the School Certificate, but I have ben conditioned by my school to do horrendously evil exams, so I am hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Hoping and planning to study like mad......

yeah don't expect any sort of understanding that you're working at the sametime, universities work on the basis that uni is the only thing you ever have to do ever.

Still 3 more weeks of classes left then exams then fuck that shit