Random Thoughts....

Klankymen explained what I'm trying to say. It's actually NOT a modern concept in any way but rather traditional and old fashioned. Ask your parents how they dated. This business of "we've had coffee and now we're only seeing each other" is completely new and total BS. Once you "hook up" with someone (however you want to define that), everyone else is OUT. But seriously, going out to dinner does not make someone your significant other.

True, but the way I see it though is if you decide to go out for a movie with somebody for the 1st time it can be seen as a step forward towards a relationship. This is the point where you find if you really like somebody, I wouldn't take one girl to the movies one day and another for something to eat the next.

I don't know, I'm a very slow paced person. I'd prefer to pick out one particular girl in advance and then ask her out, rather than have several "options".

Yay! It's working again!!

But I will have to bring it to PC World at the weekend to get it checked out, because it has been acting up a bit lately...

Luckily it's still under warranty.:)

And yes, I do have a disc drive. And discs. It's how I get some music when I'm not downloading..

Ah, mutual language barrier then. I only call those "CDs" (even when they're really DVDs).

Strange...it took about 7 attempts to get it to read Ecliptica, but only 2 to work on Reckoning Night...

I'm sleepy.

ARGH!!! Stop with the stupid Christmas ads!!!

IT'S FUCKING OCTOBER!!!!!:mad:

Don't mention christmas and tempt to me to put a santa hat on early... I have to figure out a haloween hat for my avatar first. Hmm...

Speaking of being a nerd, I watch Star Trek every day. First the original series, then TNG, then DS9 (which is totally the best). Fuck Voyager and Enterprise. There's some nails and hammers in the garage - in case I accidentally watch either of those terrible terrible shows I'm ready to lobotomize myself. That's how bad those shows are.

I just sent an open job application to Porsche Finland....at the very least they will get a huge laugh in the morning...

So it's been a bit over a week in my new job.

Aaaaaaand it sucks. Selling furniture sucks. It's not the selling part, that's actually quite alright, but the furniture....I am just soooo uninterested in furniture. Yes I like nice furniture in the sense that what I personally would like to have. But in general if a customer is seeking a dinner table, I find the most expensive on in his/her price range and then sell that....the customer sees the final piece in their decorating puzzle and all I see is a few pieces of lumber. That's it. It's extremely difficult to sell anything if you are not interested in the product.

And I am one of those people who need to be interested in something in order to be good at it....writing for example: I have never ever been able to just write a load of BS about a random subject....I need to have an opinion, provocation, edge...anything. I need to have my heart in it. Otherwise it all comes out boring. I can't "just do it". Hence why I am rather good at ranting about various subjects; I tell it like I see it.

Gaah...and then there are the customers, which most are okay, but every now and then you get the occasional dumbass. Like this twat who bought a sofa from me last week and when he got it he decided he after all doesn't like it, but refuses to pay the shipping cost to get rid of it. Thank god I have a day off tomorrow.

The only reason I took this job is because I am desperate for moeny right now. As soon as I find something even remotely interesting, I am out of there. Yes the pay can be quite good, but I would much rather do something I really love for a decent amount of money, than something which I hate for a bucketload of cash.

The Porsche thing was just...I don't know what it was...I happened to be in the neighbourhood where the dealership is, decided to go in and ask how I can apply for a job...any job. And they politely, if a bit shocked/amused, directed me to an email address where I should send my resume.

Somebody please hire me !!!

I dunno about getting into Porsche straight off the bat, they'd probably require someone with a fair bit of experience in the car sales industry. You might get an interview, and you can then push your love of cars and excellence in sales (and you'd have to sell yourself pretty convincingly). Worth a shot though!

It's 7:50am here, I'm about to start a 9-5 shift having had absolutely no sleep. I tried various things including counting sheep, but then I started wondering who thought of this stupid idea and how can a sheep possibly jump a fence and why...

Fortunately it's just a petrol station so my brain wont be used in any sort of way and all I need to focus on is standing and looking awake when customers come. I've applied for a couple of jobs (I'm in a similar sort of situation to you Bro Mich) even some that are interstate in Victoria. I'm doubtful of anything coming of them, but as I said in my first paragraph, you gotta try...

if you do get the job, will you help a poor Honduran get a discount on a 911

I dunno about getting into Porsche straight off the bat, they'd probably require someone with a fair bit of experience in the car sales industry. You might get an interview, and you can then push your love of cars and excellence in sales (and you'd have to sell yourself pretty convincingly). Worth a shot though!

Well naturally I didn't apply specifically for a salesman's position....I sent an open application just for the hell of it and for any job they might have; I don't care if it is helping around the service garage, filling out forms, moving cars, building show stands....anything. As long as I would get to be around the cars, even if it means not being able to even touch them, I would be over the moon with joy. I just want a working environment where I feel comfortable and furnitures are not it.

Last edited:
My issue is the lack of honesty. If you're just having coffee, that's fine, but if you're leading someone on so they think you're dating, yeeeeah. Something's off. You don't make it quasi-almost-official and then go, "BTW, I'm seeing other girls..." The quasi-official-relationshipness makes it seem exclusive, and if you're not up-front about that from the start...what do you expect him to think? "Oh, we're just having dinnerandamovieandmorethancoffee for...?"

I have no issue with that setup--it's the sneaking around about it that (if true) could be about 87 kinds of wrong.

Well, it's quite simple. If you "have the talk" with somebody, and decide to be together, then you should not be going out to dinner with anybody.

But I don't see how going out to dinner with one girl and then going out to lunch with another girl is a problem. In fact, while going out to dinner with her, you might find out that she is utterly boring, and you want nothing to do with her.

But if you start saying "you can't go out to dinner with 2 people", where are you going to draw the line? Are you going to say that once you've went out to dinner with one girl, you aren't allowed to talk to a girl at a party? You aren't allowed to talk to a girl you go to class with? I think, as long as you aren't in a relationship, or aren't somehow agreed with the other person that you both are seriously interested in a relationship with them, you should be able to do whatever you want with whoever you want.

If I took a girl out to dinner twice, it's basically like I'm test driving a car. I'm getting to know her, and she's getting to know me. Maybe the first date went well, but on the second one you ran out of things to talk about and she's boring. Or maybe that happens on the third. And then while I'm busy going out on dates with a person who turns out to be the most boring person in the world, I meet the perfect girl somewhere at a party, or at work. And you're going to tell me I'm not allowed to ask her out for dinner, because I asked another girl out to dinner? Hell no.

Speaking of being a nerd, I watch Star Trek every day. First the original series, then TNG, then DS9 (which is totally the best worst).

FTFY.

I'm serious. It goes:

1. TOS
2. TNG
3. Voyager
4. Enterprise
5. ??
6. DS9

The animated series was even better than DS9.

Last edited:
No, no, no you have it wrong too. It's:

1. DS9
2. TNG/TOS tie
3. Voyager
4. Enterprise

I loved me some Garak action! Odo was amusing. Nog was great! Morn never said a word and yet stole the scene. The only real mistake they made was bringing Worf on. Snore.