Random Thoughts....

Damn, it's already tomorrow here! Where does all this time fly off to?

Felt nauseated all day; like having a hangover without the headache or the alcohol. Must have been food poisoning. Sprung awake at 2:30 am with my stomach churning; I dashed to the toilet and did some adult breathing so not to vomit because I hate vomiting.

Last exam today - Composite materials.

The FBI Should make learning this unit a new torture technique.

^Must suck. I had enough with steel, combining it to something must be pretty difficult.

^Try metal matrix composites.

I hate the fact that materials engineers always make something very simple sound very complicated.

Reactions: h-p
For those of you who don't know, my dad owns www.oldcomputermuseum.com and all the content found on that site.

Does your dad's apple III is still working?

So, an update on the driving test. Failed. The instructor who brought the car to the test area literally lost his will to live when he heard who was going to test me. This guy kept criticizing: Too slow, too in the middle of the road, he wasn't pleased with the way I parked, and in the end I didn't see a pedestrian walking towards the crossing(this is how I saw it). You lose it when the guy examining you isn't pleased with anything and looks like he really, really doesn't like what he's doing right now. Eh, I'll give it another try in 15 days when I have the theoretical exam again.

Can some get this guy the cozybox?

I never liked that song much...

Combo breaker :p

[joke]
beatles.jpg
[/joke]

Last exam today - Composite materials.

The FBI Should make learning this unit a new torture technique.

Yo nsx_23, i'm real happy for you and imma let you finish, but Philosophy is one of the worst tortures of all time!

Well Finnish, Hungarian and Estonian (Finno-Ugric) and Basque aren't Indo-European languages so they sound more foreign to the rest of us...

And for me Dutch and Danish are as weird as each other.

+1, that they really do.

I have this section in my notes about repair options for composite aircraft parts, and it basically boils down to

1) Inspect damage
2) Determine what type of damage
3) Repair part, or replace part
4) Repair part - patch repair, non-patch repair or bonded repair

And yet my lecturer manages to make a 104 slide lecture file about it :mad:

I am still struggling to see how this dude managed to get through 70+ slides in 2 hours of lectures per week, since each slide isn't exactly light on info either.

Last year's materials unit was so much more intersting and fun. This is just pure bullshit.

heh, i HATED studying bond repairs and composites, good thing i didnt have to work on any

Working with non-prepreg CF sucks balls.

Aircraft propulsion > Composite materials, any day of the week. Propulsion lecturer was awesome, and I like thermodyanmics (pretty much the only branch of engineering I can confidently say I intuitively understand).

Last edited:
All i did today was work on lights, it's a really great view from just behind the wings on top of the fuselage :D

Ooh, what aircraft?

old DC8s, but the view is nice, two 747s off to the left, a US Navy C130 and some choppers to the right and 330s abound