Random Thoughts....

I haven't used usenet for years (last time was 1995 methinks). More crap to relearn!!!

I blame it on the lack of access to chocolate today!

Looks like the wife and I will spend Christmas eve, day and boxing in the quaint and awesome village of Elkhart Lake. Quaint because it is is forever 1952 there, and awesome because it is home of Road America, America's first road racing circuit.

First seeing Star Wars in concert, and now this. Probably fattening me up for the inevitable pregnancy somewhere down the line.

First seeing Star Wars in concert, and now this. Probably fattening me up for the inevitable pregnancy somewhere down the line.

Now...your not allowed to use the "I am gaining weight because of pregnancy" excuse, so not fattening allowed for you :p

I know...I am not an idiot

Got my 720p in less than 5 minutes.

You kids with all your torrents are so cute sometimes.

And no, I will not teach you how to be like me, because you can't.

For a more... Piratical take on things:

P2P users are kind of like Somalian pirates, running around in skiffs and yacht tenders making outrageous demands but generally getting blown up by the French navy.

Torrent users are kind of like the pirates of yore, with small sloops and corvettes - generally effective, but limited in capability and easily squashed when the powers that be catch up with you.

There are a few of us, though, using methods undisclosed, who have managed to purloin small armadas of massive galleons and ships of the line in our personal service.

One minor problem with your observation - it wouldn't matter if I had a 'better' source. My connection won't go any faster. :D

Either way, it's still piracy and it makes you look cool in front of your peers!
See what I did there?

^FTP is for some reason always painfully slow for me. The last time I tried despite having a good fast connection was at like 5 kbps.

What's wrong with P2P? DC++ etc works perfectly fine... better than most FTPs as the data share in one of the good hubs is over 200 TB and the connection speed is 10mbit + all around...
lets me download segmented downloads as well so I get speeds of up to 9MB/s
(about 4 MB/s seems to be my computers maximum for torrents)

2001 was both good and bad for me. I lost my grandmother to cancer, and I graduated from high school.

There was a mixed bag of TV goodness with these shows: The Mole, The Lone Gunmen, That's My Bush!, The Fairly Oddparents, Fear Factor, Lizzie McGuire, Six Feet Under, The Amazing Race, Enterprise, Alias, Scrubs, Smallville, Pardon the Interruption, the Adult Swim block, and something called 24.

I remember waking up in my dorm room, getting dressed then going to the computer lab to check my e-mail only to notice MSN's homepage was a bit out of whack. The main screen was much smaller than normal, and was a picture of a large structure surrounded by smoke. I went back to my room and turned on one of the morning news shows to find out the World Trade Center had collapsed. I had a job at the college library, and like everyone else on campus, people were watching the news.

That night I called my family back home and told them I loved all of them.

Bahhahaha LandyCakes puts it over the bar...

Being able to not taste ANYTHING fucking sucks. The lunch I had today smelled delicious, looked delicious but sadly it tasted like nothing when I placed the contents of the fork on my tongue. The soda I had with my lunch was orange but it tasted like fizzy orange water!

Had soup tonight with cheese garlic bread which I know is freakin delicious, but yet again I was sorely disappointed when I tasted no cheese or garlic on my tongue. Just the texture of the bread.

I hope this stage of being sick goes away fast, I miss not being able to taste food.

If you lived your life being able to taste food then you suddenly lost the ability to taste... what would you do?

texture makes me gag more than bad taste so I wouldn't make any money on that

If you lived your life being able to taste food then you suddenly lost the ability to taste... what would you do?

Be thankful I can still see, hear, smell and feel.

Seriously, out of all of them, taste would bother me the least. Music is too important, beauty and nature is to pretty, flowers and a cold day smell awesome, and losing the sense of feel would mean you would never feel someone skin (thinking holding hands a such).

I would be very sad.

Really? Not being able to consume your most favorite dish or desert wouldn't bother you? Your favorite alcoholic drink is just water that has the potential to make you drunk?

I have a sweet tooth at the moment and I'm terribly unhappy that I won't be able to taste my spiked Oreo milkshake if I made one :cry:

bmw_2002_turbo_2jpg.jpeg

I'd probably kill myself, life wouldn't be worth living at that point.

Win money from friends by eating horrible tasting stuff.

...after doing this for a few years, however.

Really? Not being able to consume your most favorite dish or desert wouldn't bother you? Your favorite alcoholic drink is just water that has the potential to make you drunk?

I have a sweet tooth at the moment and I'm terribly unhappy that I won't be able to taste my spiked Oreo milkshake if I made one :cry:

Honestly wouldn't bother me at all, I've thought of it before for a while. My favourite alcoholic drink doesn't taste as good as my favourite non-alcoholic drink, and I like water more than anything else anyways.

I know I would kill myself if I lost hearing, don't know about anything else though.

Be thankful I can still see, hear, smell and feel.

Seriously, out of all of them, taste would bother me the least. Music is too important, beauty and nature is to pretty, flowers and a cold day smell awesome, and losing the sense of feel would mean you would never feel someone skin (thinking holding hands a such).

Taste is a pretty important sense to me. I'm no fat guy, but I love food. There's little better than getting a really good spaghetti bolognaise (with a good red wine), or a curried beef dish, and savouring each mouthful. Hell, I'll happily stuff my face with chips, Coke, pizza, chocolate and still derive much intrinsic satisfaction.

BlaRo said:

Umm, 2002. I broke my elbow at school. Was play fighting with a friend, and then we stopped. Unknown to me, another guy decided to take a hand. He decided to charge at us, and not insignificantly, was built like a bulldozer. I didn't see him so the first I knew about it, I was on the (concrete) ground nursing a very painful arm. Didn't think it was too bad, figured the pain would disappear after a minute or so, but it didn't. I realised something was wrong when I went to move my elbow and all I got was some grinding effects and crunching noises. And it hurt a bit more. Had it repaired in hospital that night (three screws, which are still there) and was off school for two very painful and drugged up weeks. It was about three months before (near) full mobility returned to that arm.

Last edited: