Random Thoughts....

Is it bad that I can't remember a single thing from 2006? I think that's when I moved to Virginia, but I honestly have no idea. Maybe that was 2005. They're all running together now.

I gradrated from High School in 2004.

Me too!!!

How did I miss the 2004 page?! Seriously, best year ever. Graduated from high school. Started college (and didn't suck at it yet). Best year EVER.

2002 came and went and nobody said anything about the new Top Gear having aired their first episode. FG, I am ashamed of you. :(
hemoh mentioned the best automotive show...in the wuuuuurlllld......

2005 was when it all started to suck for me. 2006 was even worse. Can we just skip all these pages and head straight for 2013 or something? Haha.

In 2006 I was in the army.

what's up with 2006? my grand-pa died that year and not to mention that this very page is 2006th!?

I earned two undergraduate degrees in 2006...hooray!

Sigh.....I'm not liking my new job anymore. I'm having the hardest time waking up and going to work each morning. The last two weeks have just sunken my motivation and made me realise this really isn't a job for me.

But as there is nothing else available, I'm going to have to tough it out for at least two months.

Really, really isn't for me this selling stuff...I'm too much of a professional for it. Sound strange yes, but let me explain. It would be allright if it would be just a matter of selling some stuff and be done with it. But it isn't. The first problem is that I have never wanted to force people into anything. If a customer has buying intentions in mind, I will make a sale, but I'm not one to force and turn anyone around to buy something they originally didn't want. Second of all the sale isn't final until the customer receives the product and this is where my excessive professionalism comes to play: there are four links in the chain - me, the salesman, the manufacturer, the warehouse and transport. If anyone of those links fails, it's all gone tits up and it all falls on my lap. And I value good customer service a lot, therefore I do everythin in my power in order to solve the situation. But this is time consuming and crucially time taken away from sales, which hurts my performance, which hurts my salary. And while the customer may be satisfied and overjoyed with the service and care he/she has received, it doesn't pay my bills.

And there are no challenges in this job. None whatsoever. For example I strangely like to do business with difficult people and sort stuff out, handle complaints and so on IF it wouldn't hurt my sales. I would for example gladly do full time complaints solving, there I would have problem situations which I would need to resolve. I like that.

And then of course there is the thing which has been a problem since day one: I have zero interest in the stuff I sell.

Ugh...this is the first time ever when I have not enjoyed what I'm doing in my life, be it a job, school or my military service. Sure, there are days in all of those when I feel like crap, but with my curret job it's full time. Which is why I am looking into the possibility of starting my own company within the next two months. I've had the project on hold during this time, but I feel that now it's necessary to start it up again, for good this time.

I'm also buying a car this week and I'm looking into finding a new apartment sometime early next year. I've had it with being stuck in my life for this whole past year and now I am taking matters into my own hands. Time to start making something out of myself, since it seems that is the only way it's ever going to happen.

I graduated high school, got my first kiss (awwww :wub:) and went to Japan and Tibet for the first time.

Also, I can't wait until we hit page 2011 so we can stop reminiscing about all these damn years!

where did you serve?
Um. Finnish army is not like, for example the US army, because we are not in war with anyone. So I didn't actually fight anywhere if you wanted to know that. So unless you are familiar with Finland my place of army service won't probably tell you much.

Anyway I served in Keuruu and I was trained as a combat engineer. I mainly trained with mines and other explosives.

Last edited:
Americans serve all over the world even where there is no war. :p I have relatives who are actively serving in Hawaii, North Carolina, Georgia, Germany and Japan...and they all live in Wisconsin.

Sigh.....I'm not liking my new job anymore. I'm having the hardest time waking up and going to work each morning. The last two weeks have just sunken my motivation and made me realise this really isn't a job for me.

But as there is nothing else available, I'm going to have to tough it out for at least two months.

Really, really isn't for me this selling stuff...I'm too much of a professional for it. Sound strange yes, but let me explain. It would be allright if it would be just a matter of selling some stuff and be done with it. But it isn't. The first problem is that I have never wanted to force people into anything. If a customer has buying intentions in mind, I will make a sale, but I'm not one to force and turn anyone around to buy something they originally didn't want. Second of all the sale isn't final until the customer receives the product and this is where my excessive professionalism comes to play: there are four links in the chain - me, the salesman, the manufacturer, the warehouse and transport. If anyone of those links fails, it's all gone tits up and it all falls on my lap. And I value good customer service a lot, therefore I do everythin in my power in order to solve the situation. But this is time consuming and crucially time taken away from sales, which hurts my performance, which hurts my salary. And while the customer may be satisfied and overjoyed with the service and care he/she has received, it doesn't pay my bills.

And there are no challenges in this job. None whatsoever. For example I strangely like to do business with difficult people and sort stuff out, handle complaints and so on IF it wouldn't hurt my sales. I would for example gladly do full time complaints solving, there I would have problem situations which I would need to resolve. I like that.

And then of course there is the thing which has been a problem since day one: I have zero interest in the stuff I sell.

Ugh...this is the first time ever when I have not enjoyed what I'm doing in my life, be it a job, school or my military service. Sure, there are days in all of those when I feel like crap, but with my curret job it's full time. Which is why I am looking into the possibility of starting my own company within the next two months. I've had the project on hold during this time, but I feel that now it's necessary to start it up again, for good this time.

I'm also buying a car this week and I'm looking into finding a new apartment sometime early next year. I've had it with being stuck in my life for this whole past year and now I am taking matters into my own hands. Time to start making something out of myself, since it seems that is the only way it's ever going to happen.
Selling stuff is not for everyone - do not be downcast - think of it as solving Customer's problems - tough it out 'till something better comes along. Good luck.

2007!

I moved to France for a year. It was pretty damn awesome, through rose-tinted spectacles, although it was a bit of a pain when I was actually out there.

Last edited:
2007 was bleh for me too. Nothing interesting happen. In fact, nothing interesting has happened between 2003 and 2009. The best thing to come into my life during that period was the Audi A6 ('04-'07 we had it). Thats how average secondary school has been for me. No great achievements, no first kisses/bases, only a couple of best friends who turned a bit weird in the most recent couple of years. Fortunately things seem to be on the up, but I doubt for long.

Last edited: