Random Thoughts....

My drill for "Man approaches with knife or gun, demands money" is pretty much what Tom Cruise did in this scene from Collateral.

[youtube]YAdibdxZ9zg[/youtube]

That movie had some stunningly good firearms advisors and they even got Tom Cruise to do it right. Of course, law abiding citizens can't shoot someone lying on the ground unresisting, but other than that, that 'shoot' is absolutely by the training book.

I would like to keep discussing this on the proper thread, if you don?t mind.

zesty, you ain't done city driving til you've driven on Sydney Road.

Tell me about it. My dad was sweating it whilst trying to get rid of the pee stain left by my male ginger in my sister's room. He has a habbit of spraying wherever he wants.

lets send her on the WGB in peak hour or perhaps hoddle street in the morning

ok... now I feel sad... I had a conversation which clearly was with a spam chat bot... which I knew after the 2nd line but I just kept going.... time to dust of the IRC client perhaps...

If there wasn't any actual reason, perhaps he's got some sort of health issue. Have you had him checked for kidney function?

Yeah, we've had him checked by the vet and nothing's wrong with him. We haven't spotted him spraying for the past few weeks, so maybe it's something that comes and goes.

And another thing: I logged into my msn for the first time in a month or so and I find that my display name is RG and that my contacts are arranged in alphabetical order. Have I done something to trigger it, or has someone hacked into my account?

Dammit I'm cold, every winter I try and see how long I can go with out turning on my heat. I've made it thus far, but now the thermostat in my bedroom reads 54F, and it's currently 21F(-6C) outside. I know once I turn it on, it will stay on until spring...:(goodbye $34 energy bills.

Usually when cats start doing that for no apparent reason it's because you've upset them - have you made some change in your household or in his food recently? Shortly before he started spraying?

My drill for "Man approaches with knife or gun, demands money" is pretty much what Tom Cruise did in this scene from Collateral.

[youtube]YAdibdxZ9zg[/youtube]

That movie had some stunningly good firearms advisors and they even got Tom Cruise to do it right. Of course, law abiding citizens can't shoot someone lying on the ground unresisting, but other than that, that 'shoot' is absolutely by the training book.

There's probably a level of training and confidence (not to mention hand-eye coordination) that has to go with that move to make it work that's probably not available to your average citizen.

Also, thug guy misses the point of having a gun

yo dutchies! I?ve got a dutch-related question here.

There is this thing in most german cities and towns called Christmas Market (wiki link). Sure, it comes from here, but a lot of other countries have made up their own Christmas Markets over the last decades, especially the Brits are said to have quite a lot of them. But you Dutchies don?t ... and "all" get on busses or the Train and come here to invade our Christmas Markets in quite some numbers. And I?m not against that ... please come and spend your Money here :D ... but why if there are so many dutch people that travel perhaps some 100kms to get to a Christmas Market ... why aren?t there christmas markets in the Netherlands? There?s a shitload of money to be made just by selling herbal-flavoured hot wine and fried Agaricus for three or four weeks before christmas ...

There's probably a level of training and confidence (not to mention hand-eye coordination) that has to go with that move to make it work that's probably not available to your average citizen.

Also, thug guy misses the point of having a gun

Yeah, guns are not magic wands. You can't just wave them around and have people do what you want. Sure, they often work that way, but not always. It's the 'not always' that will get you killed.

As for the training and confidence (which comes from training) - those are actually widely available. In fact, many states require you to learn them as part of getting a concealed carry permit. It's generally a two day course to get as good as most police officers (in fact, in Texas, we are taught exactly the same way and the same things as police officers - same standard). What you see in that movie scene can be duplicated in most people that have basic firearms skills (the two-day course plus some out-of-class practice) with about a day of instruction/intense practice plus some regular practice to maintain the skill. It actually isn't that hard at those ranges and it is hard to miss at arm's length.

Yeah, guns are not magic wands. You can't just wave them around and have people do what you want. Sure, they often work that way, but not always. It's the 'not always' that will get you killed.

As for the training and confidence (which comes from training) - those are actually widely available. In fact, many states require you to learn them as part of getting a concealed carry permit. It's generally a two day course to get as good as most police officers (in fact, in Texas, we are taught exactly the same way and the same things as police officers - same standard). What you see in that movie scene can be duplicated in most people that have basic firearms skills (the two-day course plus some out-of-class practice) with about a day of instruction/intense practice plus some regular practice to maintain the skill. It actually isn't that hard at those ranges and it is hard to miss at arm's length.

hmm, how long did it take you to get your permit? I've been considering getting a handgun now that I'm back home

hmm, how long did it take you to get your permit? I've been considering getting a handgun now that I'm back home

I actually had some issues crop up so it took longer than usual. The average wait time now (once you've completed the course, fingerprinting and all the paperwork) is 2-3 months.

Well. It would appear the Daisy has a new boyfriend.

I woke up to mum screaming "Ahh!! God, get out!!!!" , the sound of 2 bodies running up the stairs.

The tom cat came in through my brother's window, went downstairs, ate all of Daisy's food, then they both stared at eachother for a while till mum came downstairs and saw him.

He then scarpered upstairs, with Daisy chasing after him :)

Lulz. I don't like to comment on e-fights much, but "man forum" made my day.
^ Is he neutered?

Cat pee is just awful. I'd so much rather put in a bit more work on the front end to prevent a problem ever starting than try and fix it later. Cats are as stubborn as their pee stains once they get a mindset. But oh how awesome they still manage to be.
Mimiseecoo?

Another reason why otherwise normal cats pee outside their box: something's wrong with them. That happened with our cat when he got really bad fleas. :(

mmm Brunch consisting of yesterdays pizza leftovers! :D

Last edited:
Sick. At home, curled up in front of the compoopter watching various stuffs I've downloaded.

The 911 GT3 in TG 3x01 = ninjacoco wants.

Also, I feel like my brain is floating in bubble soap.

It's 4.30PM here and I just got home from a bar. Wouldn't otherwise taken so long, but my brother snapped the key into the Nissan's passenger side door lock and we got stranded in another town. Had to sleep at a friend's place and get spare keys brought later so we could get the car and get home. Getting a shower just now felt great.

For the first time in my life, I rollerskated lat night. My wife and a co-worker of her's are both turning 35, so they wanted to relive the 1980's by rollerskating.
I was dead set against rollerskating, since that night at the Lombard Roller Rink was teenager night, so it was a bunch of children with gazelle-like grace racing around the rink, mixed with 30 somethings. Now, I knew how skate using snow ski's, so figured I would apply that to rollerskating.
Apparently I am a natural, and my wife a bit annoyed that I could just pick it up so quickly. I felt kind of bad, since ironically I am blessed with perfect equilibrium, but I could care less about sports. Kind of like a friend from High School who went on to be a astrophysicist for NASA and is naturally muscular and athletic.