Random Thoughts....

sadboxprintout-3.jpg

Untitled-1-9.jpg

kat has updated emote box <:

Are you having trouble with the boards, Posmo? For some reason every single one of your posts is turning into "RWD!" no matter what you're replying to.

Maybe it's a variation of the stunt Quiky pulled on Atlantian? :p

If some kind person can help answer these questions for me then I can go to the pub instead of doing my machining written work tonight.
What does the term 2x 45 degress CHAMFRE R mean?

What does the term SECTION THROUGH " X - X" mean?

Why are the pillars on the drill stand riveted?
I took the outcome home I(naughty naughty) so I can do it here so whne I go back to ym class I have some free time to finish my practical work

1: A chamfer that is 2mm long, at a 45? angle.
091209chamf.jpg

2: Not familiar with the English terminology, but I'd guess section through "X - X" means a cut / cross section along the line marked "X - X" in the main view, presented in another drawing. Like this cross section for a hollow rectangular beam.
091209section.jpg

3: Again, mostly guessing, because I'm not sure what exactly the question is about. But I'd say it's because for something with a lot of movement and vibrations going on, like a drill, there's always the danger of screws becoming loose. So rivets are a more maintenance free, secure and permanent solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: vRS
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/12/09/13066-004-4D0C95FB.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/12/09/mr-t.jpg

Well except you aught to put in a picture of Linn? as well. as otherwise you'd be talking about 97.2, and what not, degrees Celsius.

EDIT: damn I mean

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/12/09/13066-004-4D0C95FB.jpg

Carl_von_Linn%C3%A9.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/k/kn/knarkas/2009/12/09/mr-t.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmm, cuppycakes....:drool:

They're not frozen, which is pretty much what the state of Wisconsin is in. My younger brother, the Madisonian, called and said he couldn't make it to work with all the snow blocking the driveways.

My co-workers surprised me with a brownie today, complete with a birthday candle. One candle, mind you because twenty-seven candles might be a fire hazard. Even if it is -4F with the wind chill.

To the FinalGearists: thanks for the birthday wishes!!

They're not frozen, which is pretty much what the state of Wisconsin is in. My younger brother, the Madisonian, called and said he couldn't make it to work with all the snow blocking the driveways.

I called my parents who live on the West Side and they are plowed in with a nearly five foot snow berm. :( The last time I remember that much snow dropped on Madison in 24 hours was 1991 and everything shut down; there were cars and buses abandoned on the empty roads, it was like some suburban winter apocalypse. Took three days to clear the snow away, school was closed for two.

Happy Birthday, Hemoh. :dance:

Damn, I wish it were Friday today. I would be home by 12:30pm, after visiting the place I'm going to do my January work placement at and getting all my forms signed and all that stuff taken care of. Instead I'm stuck in the library for most of the day doing a stupid pointless filler research task because the teachers are running out of meaningful stuff for us to do before our final class next Tuesday. :?

Last edited:
Mmmm, cuppycakes....:drool:

My co-workers surprised me with a brownie today, complete with a birthday candle. One candle, mind you because twenty-seven candles might be a fire hazard. Even if it is -4F with the wind chill.

To the FinalGearists: thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Happy Birthday, Hemoh!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Damn, I wish it were Friday today. I would be home by 12:30pm, after visiting the place I'm going to do my January work placement at and getting all my forms signed and all that stuff taken care of. Instead I'm stuck in the library for most of the day doing a stupid pointless filler research task because the teachers are running out of meaningful stuff for us to do before our final class next Tuesday. :?

Wow, that runs surprisingly late are you on trimesters or something?

Last edited:
Pfft, I have most of the first series of essential guides. :p I've scanned some pages at something like 1440 DPI

kat has updated emote box <:[/QUOTE]

what are the lines on the box for? And something that I wasn't sure on with v1 either, brown goes outside?

Last edited:
To make it less boring, yes brown is on outside.