Random Thoughts....

No. Even though its based on a Commodore......

Apparently all the RHD engineering is done, but for some reason they decided not to sell it here.

I suspect because there is a new monaro or torana in the pipeline

Probably a bit of that, and a bit of being scared that bogans won't want a seppo Camaro but rather a Monaro.

Which, let's face it, a new Monaro will pretty much be the camaro but with a different shell.

It's pretty stupid, because I've seen around 10 different Camaros driving around Melbourne, '09/'10 models that is.

EDIT:

I gave up after it refused to kill or eat its own poo.

I lold quite hard.

If I were GM I'd release the Camaro in Aus as is (with Holden badging and RHD of course). Saves on development. It would sell.

If I were GM I'd release the Camaro in Aus as is (with Holden badging and RHD of course). Saves on development. It would sell.

It should, but there'd be people going HURR HURR I DONT WANT AN AMERIC**T CAR HURRR DERPPPP.

Much like any brand supporter would do at something 'big' (like this new "Monaro" would be).

Despite the fact it's mostly developed here lol.
It sure would save Holden a bit of dough though.
I don't see why they can't sell it here.

r Samuel Adam's Winter Lager? I have both in the fridge.

I had a pint of that last week; for a lager, it was pretty good!

When I say "for a lager"....well, forgive my rudeness as I am an ale man, and lager always make me burp and hiccup.

Better though than the pilsners American force themselves to like, even though it makes my tongue go numb. NUMB! :?

It should, but there'd be people going HURR HURR I DONT WANT AN AMERIC**T CAR HURRR DERPPPP.

Much like any brand supporter would do at something 'big' (like this new "Monaro" would be).

Despite the fact it's mostly developed here lol.
It sure would save Holden a bit of dough though.
I don't see why they can't sell it here.

Would probably cut too much into local sales (SS, HSV, etc)

I wouldn't mind them importing the Camaro as a Monaro, would be more exclusive than the Commondore derived versions of just a few years ago.

I wouldn't mind them leaving it badged as a fucken chevrolet camaro.

I had a pint of that last week; for a lager, it was pretty good!

When I say "for a lager"....well, forgive my rudeness as I am an ale man, and lager always make me burp and hiccup.

Better though than the imitation beer American force themselves to like, even though it makes my tongue go numb. NUMB! :?

Fixed that for you. :p

Would probably cut too much into local sales (SS, HSV, etc)

I wouldn't mind them importing the Camaro as a Monaro, would be more exclusive than the Commondore derived versions of just a few years ago.

Well the Camaro is based off of the Commodore . If there is that much of an anti-American sentiment then they can change the grill and call it a Monaro. I doubt the same people wouldn notice.

Last edited:
Star Trek: Generations really wasn't that bad of a movie was it. I'm still really enjoying it. Makes me wonder what the heck happened with First Contact (and later Enterprise) to derail the franchise so severely.

Edit: I should clarify that I mean Generations is a very good Star Trek movie. I'm well aware that Trek is not now, was not ever, nor is it even intended to be high quality cinema. It is, however, an excellent Trek.

Last edited:
Star Trek: Generations really wasn't that bad of a movie was it. I'm still really enjoying it. Makes me wonder what the heck happened with First Contact (and later Enterprise) to derail the franchise so severely.

Roddenberry died in 1991. Generations did come after that, in 1993, but Roddenberry's vision Star Trek was still intact. Starting with Voyager (and maybe later parts of DS9), it moved away from being Roddenberry's vision to someone else's. That's my theory at least, make of it what you will.

I liked DS9. It's a shame they through out any potential of continuing the story from where it left off with the reboot.

Did Generations really come out in 1993? <runs off to check> Wiki says 94 but close enough. Damn it all, I am OLD. When did I get this old?

Of course Gene passing was a big hole in things. I suppose there's sometimes someone so fundamental you just can't build around that loss. I also don't believe Voyager was blessed with the same caliber cast as TNG and DS9 (which I loved) and then once you stumble you're more likely to fall than dance I suppose. It just makes me really miss having good Trek to watch every week.

I'd be just as thrilled if JMS ever wrote up a new series out of the Babylon 5 universe, but I don't imagine that'll happen.

Last edited:

Rick Berman.

I hate procrastination...too bad I'm one of the biggest procrastinators I know! :rolleyes::lmao:

You've no idea how much I want that to happen. I realize B5 was a five-year story to begin with, but I want more damnit! But only if it's done well and not half-assed.

His attempts to revive the franchise didn't take too well. Hell the last season was iffy. But I loved that show.

Edit: I should clarify that I mean Generations is a very good Star Trek movie. I'm well aware that Trek is not now, was not ever, nor is it even intended to be high quality cinema. It is, however, an excellent Trek.

I think you're one movie too soon for franchise derailment. First Contact was good. Not merely good in terms of Trek, but genuinely good. And what happened was the series was overseen by someone who didn't quite know what he was doing, who scared off all of the talented writers.

Though I hate Generations. My hatred for that movie burns with the power of a thousand suns. Mostly because it went through great - and, frankly, nonsensical - lengths to get the two captains together, only to make Kirk fall off a bridge. Come on, if your goal is to blow up the Enterprise and kill Kirk, isn't the most sensible course of action to have Kirk blow himself up doing something heroic on the Enterprise (which, IIRC, is blown up because a giant number written in engineering somehow makes the shields break, which is even more ridiculous)? Doesn't that make a lot more sense? While obvious, isn't it a more interesting way to kill off both without annoying everyone with how stupid it is?

I hear that, but NG (later seasons) and DS9 did pretty when he ran things.

Yes, but he was merely running shows that Roddenberry had already planned and approved. He was extending Roddenberry's visions.

Voyager and later are when he did what he wanted... And promptly ruined everything, culminating in Enterprise, which only got better when they put Manny Coto in charge.

You've no idea how much I want that to happen. I realize B5 was a five-year story to begin with, but I want more damnit! But only if it's done well and not half-assed.

You do know there was more JMS beyond the original B5 show, right?

^^^^
Berman also mostly left DS9 to Behr, Moore and co. and focused most of his creative energies - I use the term loosely - on Voyager.

Last edited: