Random Thoughts....

I almost just shit my pants. Twice.

No prunes needed, standard feature, that.

Damn you Tiffany & Co.! They said they had the pendant in stock in their warehouse.. but guess not as we got a call saying "Sorry, we don't have any in stock anywhere. Would you like to switch to the pink or crystal pendant instead? Oh wait, the pink and black pendants are actually super backordered till after the holidays, so sorry!"

:cry: :cry: Now I don't think I'll be getting anything from him for x-mas while I got him two things... *sigh*

/mopey

Motorola MOTOZ9 Review

Motorola MOTOZ9 Review

My first attempt at a review, please be gentle.

It's hard not to be biased writing this review, ever since i got a hand-me-down RAZR i have been a Motorola fanboy. The RAZR truly was the epitome of Motorola phones,managing to be light, elegant, simple, and the amazing feat of being resistant to damages despite looking like it would disintegrate if you so much press a key a bit hard. However, times change and it's time for me to give a proper review of a Motorola phone: the MOTO Z9

First things first: it's big, too big to not be a smartphone or to not have a QWERTY keyboard at 114 x 54 x 14mm. only being slightly smaller than a treo 800w of about the same age (112 x 58 x 18.5 mm).

Secondly, it's brown. Brown belongs in dirt and the remains of the 1970's, it doesn't matter if it's called dark red or something. Brown is brown and nothing changes that fact.

I can ramble on about how Motorola doesn't even bother with standard headphone support, laughing all the way to the bank in the process, about how the screen is unbelievably prone to scratches, and the sheer obsolesce of its WAP browser.

However, once you get down to business,turns out it is a great phone with some little quirks.for instance the camera flash works as a flashlight, which is more useful than it sounds. The keys make it that bit easier to text,The voice commands actually work,it's simple and intuitive to use,to make it even better the animations of the windows make a much more fluid experience.

I love how the speaker, in contrast to many, many phones,is a proper speaker and doesn't make music sound horrible, you even get used to the color after a while However, it has one problem, one BIG problem.

My Nokia 3120 Classic

It does anything the Z9 can, it's smaller, lighter(139 g vs 85 g), cheaper ($399.99 vs. $149.99) has pretty much the same 2MP camera, both are 3G.Sure the Z9 has a bigger screen (2.4 Inches vs. 2 inches)but both are 240 x 320 and as a result, video quality suffers a little. The Nokia looks cheap sure, but that's because it IS cheap. if you live in a place with a high crime rate, you'll appreciate it's ability to look like a disposable phone.

It is a Sleeper phone this nokia, only when you notice the undisguised 3G cam you see that it packs a fair bit of phone for not a lot of money, it, like the Z9, is intuitive to use, much more intuitive that anything Fail-Ericson can throw at him (cue angry Sony-Ericson owners), it comes with Opera Mini, has a nice speaker (not as nice as the Z9's but still),from there on the 3210 doesn't have much difference with the Z9 (except voice commands which are crap).

So, Motorola Fanboy: yes
MOTOZ9 fan:not so much

Ratings
Motorola MOTOZ9: 7/10
One liner: Lovely but giant

Nokia 3210 Classic: 9/10
One liner: Like the Z9 only better, and cheaper, and with more features, so yeah...

Looks like the Cool Videos Thread needs thread in it's name.

lolqe.png

Is it wrong that I buy presents for people, that may actually be fun for me to play with?

Either way my nephews are getting an air hockey table for Christmas.

Haha, I'm now following Helen Keller. Derrrrr!!! Is Austere still driving the HellMerc? And wasn't someone bringing gummi bears? I love gummi bears.

off to start the thread thread, brb

I have the attention span of a goldfish when it starts to get towards 2 A.M. 1st, I'm constantly looking around. 2nd, I've just tried to watch some youtube videos but closed out of them after a few seconds. I think I need to go to bed.

d00d.

it's raining really hard outside.

w00t.

Fortunately, it all seems interested in going somewhere else other than here. :D

Meh...I like crazy downpours as long as there aren't tornadoes/hail/anything that would mess up my car involved.

Also, the commercials on late at night on Comedy Central are sketchtacular. I'm a little afraid my mom's going to walk in on the Penthouse TV advert. Eew. "Are you still awake or did you fall aslee--OH MY GOSH! WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING?!"

And screw you, Cadillac, for making a commercial with a song I like in the background. Now every time that song comes up on my iPhone, I will think of that abortion-on-four-wheels-looking-thing and die a little on the inside.

Last edited:
To everyone that is near burning land in Oz - keep safe!

9 houses apparently and an Emergency Services building.

so, a little Xmas cheer

Silent night, Holy Night
All is calm, All is bright

wait...no, that's just the headlights of the Mack tru.......

a unique and logic defining mix of egg, booze, cinnamon, sugar and nuts. Compressed in a strong drink for your pleasure. It is also the only thing with alcohol apart from wine that i drink.

I have always wanted to try that; but my family never does Christmas traditionally. Pah to tradition!

so, very funny today. Office is opposite a rather large lake (suburb size). We're watching a group of guys and their radio controlled speed boats (3+ feet in length and VERY fast) race around our end of the lake. One boat gets into trouble and stalls. Then sinks. WTF? Who makes these boats that sink when they stall?

The guys get out in little rubber dinghys and try and retrieve it. This is a very murky and weed filled lake. It gets a little rank in summer, and you certainly don't swim in it any time of the year. They paddle around for the best part of an hour with no luck. Then one guy gets in and tries to find it with his feet which is a little futile as it's more than 6 feet deep.

It took them a while to find it (about 3.5 hours). We were trying to decide whether it was a REALLY expensive boat, or he'd borrowed it from someone else and it was a somewhat expensive boat.

Kept us amused for a while anyway.

Gah; had to do that once, hate it when your feet get all muddy and it goes all squidgy between your toes.

Went to Youtube and watched some videos to make up my mind about Lady Gaga.
I didn?t felt annoyed by it.
Should I worry?

Hmm...I'm struggling to see that too; it's weird sure and that's kinda refreshing but I dunno...still

While we're still on Christmas, my sister got my present the other day and tried to hide it from me so I wouldn't find out what it was.......even though there was a pouch stuck on that said Fujifilm.....uh huh.