Random Thoughts....

My desk is now clean. I moved more crap to the wall and organized the wiring.

Still coughing :(

*warm healing thoughts headed your way*

i'm sitting at my desk as well...

can't say i'm working though :D

(and i need sleep, hmmm, sleep...sleep is nice. i like to sleep)

The work thing sucks.

Damn, why can't I retire?

I was back at work today :O
I was back at work yesturday already ... and will be tomorrow too. I?m not complaining ... I like working between the days (german expression for the time between christmas and new year, dunno if that works in english). Most people have holiday-leave and a lot of others have called in sick so it?s very quiet and realxing. I think I haven?t gotten as much work done as yesturday than any other day the whole year.

But ironically, it seems that I can?t get my work at home done today ... :rolleyes:

I prefer relaxing over working right now (office closed, pile of work and a laptop on my desk here at home). Well, there are a few days left to do what must be done... but I really need(ed) some days of doing nothing much. Including today. :)

I get more work done in the days between Xmas and New Year than I do any other time of the year. It's a novelty being able to start and finish something without interruption. And the bonus is most of the idiots are on leave, so they don't break stuff. I can actually spend time doing something other than fixing broken stuff.

I reckon we should do this 4 times a year (call it "Idiot Free Week"). All my not-screemingly-urgent stuff would be up to date then.

I get more work done in the days between Xmas and New Year than I do any other time of the year. It's a novelty being able to start and finish something without interruption. And the bonus is most of the idiots are on leave, so they don't break stuff. I can actually spend time doing something other than fixing broken stuff.

I reckon we should do this 4 times a year (call it "Idiot Free Week"). All my not-screemingly-urgent stuff would be up to date then.

on the downside...

really really boring things aren't interupted either... staring at spreadsheets for hours != fun (admitadly it's mostly my own work but still)

... worth reading:
http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/nurt...ng-for-it-but-the-entire-study-is-a-fake.aspx

Santa's a Health Menace? Media Everywhere Are Falling for It?But the Study Was Meant as a Joke
Around the world, news outlets have been reporting on a new study in BMJ, the U.K.'s leading medical journal. In the article, titled "Santa Claus: A Public Health Pariah?," Australian epidemiologist Nathan Grills meticulously lays out the reasons why Santa Claus is a terrible role model?a danger to children everywhere. [...]Here's the thing. The entire "study" was a joke. It was satire. You've heard of Christmas in July? Well, this was April Fool's Day in December.
"It's supposed to be spreading a bit of Christmas cheer," explains Grills. He wonders if the sense of humor was lost because maybe some of the reporters read the press release but never read the actual article.[...]

I'm loving Prototype so much. Now the newest episode of Top Gear needs to finish downloading and my life will be complete.

...for the time being. You know, until I get Borderlands. <_< Damn Jeremy, getting me addicted to Prototype and then when I finally do get it he gets me addicted to ANOTHER game that I can't have for god knows how long because I'm BROKE. Again. :cry:

Bah, got to try to do a little shopping, not because I feel like it but we have nothing to eat. Shopping while sick, two things I hate, don't think it's one of those cases where 2 wrongs make a right <_<.
If I'm not back in an hour or so I probably had a coughing fit and crashed, don't worry though, I drive a volvo :p

Hooray for spontaneous friends! Skiing at Killington, VT until tomorrow night.

No laptop with me naturally.

Can I come? Pretty please...

Really weird night last night.

I went up to bed at about 1.30am, read until 2, and the cat came in, sniffing around, and purring very loudly.

Eventually she jumped up on the bed, and settled down, lying on her tummy. I turned out the light, and settled down. Now every timed I moved, or coughed or whatever, she would start purring again.

Anyways, at about 20 past 2, I was nodding off, and my leg kind of jerked, you know that thing where you are drifting off and your body sort of jumps?
Well, that actually happened another couple of times in a few minutes, and I thought I should check Daisy cos she probably hadn't a clue what the hell was going on.

I checked her, and I swear....I was CONVINCED for a few seconds, that she has stopped breathing :(
I turned on the light, and started kind of...jiggling her, and calling her, and she slowly looked over at me with sleepy eyes, and went back to sleep.
My paranoia set in there and then though, and I found myself checking her every 5 minutes, making sure she was still breathing.
I felt alot better later on when she actually moved, and gave a little squeak as she did so :)

I was still a little worried about her, so I was a little restless and jittery. And then any sound I could hear, like a door banging from the wind, or a floor board creaking, I was really freaked out :(

The fact that Daisy took up half of the bed didn't really help either <_<

I didn't get off until about 4-5am I'd say :(

ahhh ive seen a cat do that - my friends cat, it sorta went into a sleep coma and looked really dead, didnt wake up until she shook it.