Random Thoughts....

Am I the only one that didn't knew that there was a Top Gear episode this week? It's a pleasant surprise but I was convinced the Bolivian Special was the end of the series!

Am I the only one that didn't knew that there was a Top Gear episode this week? It's a pleasant surprise but I was convinced the Bolivian Special was the end of the series!

Nah, you're not the only one - the other half had entirely forgotten, too.

I only remembered because 1. I'm a geek and b) I was pestering people in the spoilers subforum.

Why is Playstation Home so useless, but the character creator so robust? I have created a guy who is seriously an achievement in ugly old bastard-ness and I can't use him anywhere.

"I don't trust hippies. They always talk about "free love", but when it comes time to get down to business they always have a excuse."

Question on proper tipping here: I'm at a 24 hour restaurant with a friend, we've been here probably 3 hours (please note, there are perhaps 5-10 tables with people and 35 or so empty). We're frequently here, most of the wait staff know us. Anyway, there's a pretty new waitress serving us, and she hasn't bothered to take my plate away or refill my drink for the last 45 minutes or so.

I'm justified in reducing her tip quite a bit, yes? For reference, since we frequent here and use their internet and electricity, we always order enough food and drink to be reasonable (say $20-30 worth) and always tip in the 20-25% range.

I need a hobby.

Hmm.

You could always restore a really awesome old car (and give it to me).

(Emphasis on that last bit.)

Nabster: reduced tip sounds fair to me.

Last edited:
Question on proper tipping here: I'm at a 24 hour restaurant with a friend, we've been here probably 3 hours (please note, there are perhaps 5-10 tables with people and 35 or so empty). We're frequently here, most of the wait staff know us. Anyway, there's a pretty new waitress serving us, and she hasn't bothered to take my plate away or refill my drink for the last 45 minutes or so.

I'm justified in reducing her tip quite a bit, yes? For reference, since we frequent here and use their internet and electricity, we always order enough food and drink to be reasonable (say $20-30 worth) and always tip in the 20-25% range.

Tipping here is typically 15%. So just do that. You're reducing what you normally tip because of the poor service, but still hitting the bare minimum without being rude yourself.

Picked up some new headphones from JB Hifi today after breaking my old pair. Sennheiser HD418. They werent the most expensive pair on offer, nor were they the cheapest. Plus they have a cool black and white flame design :p

I um.. draw.... play video games..... nap.....

I am boring...

Reckoning: start playing a (new) musical instrument. You'll have lots of practice to do in order to get anywhere and you'll learn to do something cool in the process.

Reckoning: start playing a (new) musical instrument. You'll have lots of practice to do in order to get anywhere and you'll learn to do something cool in the process.

I got a bass for Christmas.
I need to start learning that.

But I can't just play bass all my time, I need other things to do.
Anyways this isn't a very interesting topic.

I like turtles.

@flydiscovery: I know I'm a bit late to the alarm clock discussion, but I actually have an amazing old FM radio alarm clock that I've recently phased out for an even OLDER alarm clock that's smaller. Its a bit old, but it still works perfectly. I've had it for as long as I can remember. If you haven't already got yourself a new one...:) since I no longer need it taking up space around here.