Random Thoughts....

Ah! I think I'm after bollocking up my back from stretching earlier.

Ow!!:(

... you do realize you can just use a normal mouse with them and have right click?

Awfully sorry. All right, besides using the ?PC's are better at gaming? card, if you can use right click on a mac, why the bloody hell don't they just ship one with a 2-button mouse.

Regarding macs, i also am on a sort of neutral ground that wasn't very specified at my last post, i prefer PC's but give me a mac and i wont go ?OMG A MAC NOOBZORZ PC FTMFW!!!1!1ONE!?. i just can't bring myself to spend money on one, a bit like portable gaming consoles really

Thanks racingfan1 for pointing out something that i couldn't remember you limit by using a mac.

BTW, i do believe this is the third time there has been a Mac vs. PC. debate in my stay here at FG

The issue with Macs for the average user really IS value for money.
Well you have to ask what is your time worth, and how long do you expect to hang on to your computer? I've had a Powerbook for nearly 5 years, had to replace an AC charger. Never had it not start, never had it freeze, never been frustrated by networking or installing a program. It may have cost me $700 used, when a similar PC would be $400, but $300 is worth never having to talk to tech support or run a virus software, to me at least. All value is perceived, perhaps a PC can provide similar reliability, unfortunately it hasn't been my experience.

Just remember most Mac people are nice people, not smug hipsters, or slaves to marketing. :wave:

Last edited:
Hm, long time no see Finalgear. Stupid lack of decent internet speeds/constant droputs. Really need to get onto my ISP about it, and soon. My entire famly is going loco over this. So yeah, forced hiatus. Bugger :(

At least its summer outside where you live! Go out and play! We'll be here when you get back, we won't go anywhere, we have no lives anyway.

Hm, long time no see Finalgear. Stupid lack of decent internet speeds/constant droputs. Really need to get onto my ISP about it, and soon. My entire famly is going loco over this. So yeah, forced hiatus. Bugger :(

:comfort: You seriously need to get on your isp's ass now!

Also :wave:

And snow is coming down in shedloads! Maybe i should borrow Miss Hemihead's Volvo 360 and brush some snow off the road... :whistle:

My new years resolution to stop buying books has been ambitious, but rubbish.

Just today, I bought the QI Book of General Ignorance, Wuthering Heights and 100 Years of Solitude, the latter a particularly battered copy.

All for ?15. 2nd hand book shops FTW!! :D

Also, I'm starting some volunteering work in the Oxfam store on Saturday. No idea how that is going to go, but it will hopefully pass the time, and get me some work experience :)

I went to bed saying I can't afford a Macbook Pro, only to come here to see another debate of the PC vs. Mac thing and now I've just being told to do Homework.

shit, shit, shit, shit.

^Word. But I like console gaming better for some games. I only pc game for MMO's these days and that's about it.

Mouse and keyboard for me, thanks. Unless it's a racing game, then a wheel is necessary. Which I don't happen to have. <_<

Well you have to ask what is your time worth, and how long do you expect to hang on to your computer? I've had a Powerbook for nearly 5 years, had to replace an AC charger. Never had it not start, never had it freeze, never been frustrated by networking or installing a program. It may have cost me $700 used, when a similar PC would be $400, but $300 is worth never having to talk to tech support or run a virus software, to me at least. All value is perceived, perhaps a PC can provide similar reliability, unfortunately it hasn't been my experience.

Just remember most Mac people are nice people, not smug hipsters, or slaves to marketing. :wave:

The PC I'm currently on I've had for 4 years, it's never froze and the only time I've been frustrated with it is when Mass Effect came out and it can't run it.

Who are you again? :p

Hi there, welcome back but...

At least its summer outside where you live! Go out and play! We'll be here when you get back, we won't go anywhere, we have no lives anyway.

Also, am i the only annoyed when he can't tell someone has gone?

My new years resolution to stop buying books has been ambitious, but rubbish.

Just today, I bought the QI Book of General Ignorance, Wuthering Heights and 100 Years of Solitude, the latter a particularly battered copy.

is that the one written by the Latin American whose name escapes me right now, Garcia Marquez or similar?

I went to bed saying I can't afford a Macbook Pro, only to come here to see another debate of the PC vs. Mac thing and now I've just being told to do Homework.

shit, shit, shit, shit.

Well, at least having something to do prevents you from the lingering thought that you are very soon going to go back to uni <_<

In Brazil you can only have a Mac if you are rich or if you brought it from the US. However here in France I found out that more people than I thought uses then. I was used to Macs from the time I did Industrial Design and people I know and I always liked the appeal of a clean, efficient OS. Granted, Windows 7 is very good and I won't go anywhere without it, even if I end up buying the Mac (it's time to change the notebook), mostly because we can't deny its the most compatible platform . However, I'm amazed by how long the batteries last in Macs. I'd really like to know suggestions of notebooks that are the same size, weight , performance than a MacBook (either the White or the Pro) and that have similar battery time. I say that because here at L'Ecole we use a lot the portable computers and there are times you forget/don't want to carry the charger...

Well, at least having something to do prevents you from the lingering thought that you are very soon going to go back to Year 12 <_<

FTFY

Actually, I don't mind going back because that's when I'm more concentrating on my work rather than home. And also my bday will be in the first week back and then the second week, it's Top Gear Live.

Last edited:

shit, shit, shit, shit.

you can get a well spec regular macbook for cheaper if you don't drop them on the floor like I do..... I kind of need the metal casing's durability.

I really need to get gottdanged internets at home. Any suggestions from the other TX-folk on here? Grande doesn't do my apartment building (and I had issues with it cutting in and out at my last apartment for some odd reason). I had Time Warner for a while, but I'd rather pan-fry and eat my own ovaries than ever deal with their absolute lack of customer service ever again. The other two that advertise to my apartment all the time are Clear and AT&T, and all I've never had either of those for teh internets. Arr.

Video editing = Macs ftw. There are good reasons to have them, and most of them seem to come in the Final Cut Pro suite, IMHO. I kinda like how everything is rather simple and easy to use on Mac stuff, too.

That being said, I have PCs at my apartment. More stuff, less money, plus I think my copy of Office from a few years ago that I refuse to upgrade from is way easier than Office on a Mac.

I really want to punch people that get into the whole Mac vs. PC debate without at least being able to acknowledge that they both have their strengths and uses. The hardcore nutters are like arguing with a fencepost. (If one OS really was that difficult/buggy/fail/[insert complaint of the day here], one would've ceased to be by now, you'd think...or it'd at least be as kooky as running Linux.)

Ever tried Philidelphia Cream Cheese with Sweet Chilli Sauce? I get addicted to that stuff everytime my Mum buys it.
I've never seen that here, but do want!

I had cream cheese sushi rolls for lunch/dinner/that random meal I ate in the middle of the afternoon. I was tempted to ask them to hold the crab, seaweed and sticky rice and just ask for the tub of cream cheese, lulz.
I just began laughing uncontrollably at the word "comforter"

also I spelled began, laughing, uncontrollably and comforter wrong on the first try.

I assume that I am in the too tired category.

also I spelled category wrong.
I think wienerschnitzel is the funniest word ever made. Not only does it look like someone took two euphemisms for penis and stuck them together, but it actually refers to pounded meat. Heh heh. Pounded. Meat! Heh heh heh huh heh. </coco's inner beavis>
Well, i woke up at 7 today, classes don't start until the 18th, The season always messes with my clock.

I presume that gives me another 2 hours to fill up, not easy when my agenda for today was:

-Play KH2
-Read drawing Manga for dummies (Firefox does not recognize the existence of Manga)
-Pick sister's family photo/naruto calendar up (neither does it recognize the existence of naruto)
-feel sick (i blame my ex strawberrygranolamilkshakewendy'sjr.baconicedteabigfries day)
-be on FG

oh well...
I love the fact that my most pressing concern of the day is the fact that the *^#*+?!& car in the iPhone version of NFS just won't #*%^*=}{??!@$&&*%%*!!! drift. Dadgummit. I give up.

Guess I'll take a nap. Or get tea. Or take another nap. Or watch a movie. Or call some friends. Or heck, just stare at the ceiling for a while (it's shiny).

I <3 breaks from school! :wub:

Tell next week not to come; it's no longer welcome 'round these parts. Thx.
Hm, thinking of trying to colour my avatar, what do you think? Or should i keep it black/white?
Purple animals ftw?

< bunny made me say it

Last edited:
Purple animals ftw?

< bunny made me say it

I'll stick with yellow or black/white, thank you. I leave the purple to more experienced bunnycolour-users. ;)

Ninjacoco, we have AT&T and it's pretty good. Not a patch on Grande, but then who is? But if you have them for your phone as well you can get some good deals.

I'll stick with yellow or black/white, thank you. I leave the purple to more experienced bunnycolour-users. ;)

colouring isn't hard, but i like it as it is, it's nice :D

if anything a few background to each frame wouldn't hurt