Random Thoughts....

I'm doing the assignment, I really pick up momentum when I start typing up essays so I'm fine.

We're similar, you and I...

I don't really like to go out much but that doesn't mean I don't have a life. I think the same goes for yourself. Excuse my language, but those two sound like a bunch of cunts and need to take their negative influences elsewhere. You are right in that you need new friends or at least a few more acquaintances that share the same interests and mesh with your personality.

A book that I had to read in English, I'll read you the prompt:
In many works of literature, a character goes on a journey that changes his or her life. From a work of literature you have read in or out of school, select a character who goes on a journey that changes his or her life. In a well-developed composition, identify the character, describe how the journey changes the character's life, and explain how the journey relates to the work as a whole.

The heat is finally coming on! I love the warmth!!!

Harry Potter came to mind first. You could also do it on Tolkien's The Hobbit.

I'm doing the assignment, I really pick up momentum when I start typing up essays so I'm fine.

When I was at uni I found that I needed to be in the "zone" to be productive writing.

Wow. My social situation is very similar. Outside of three friends (two of whom won't be living in the same town as me from February onwards :( ) I have pretty much no-one to hang out with. There have been times in my life where my mother has announced in public 'my daughter doesn't get out much, she has no social life, I don't understand it.' I don't feel I need much social interaction beyond what I choose to engage in, completely on my own terms. Also, I grew up with a brother close in age to me and we enjoyed doing the same kind of things. We still live under the same roof, but our interests have much diverged.

Hence, me randomly cruising around with one of my dad's partner's nephews today. Eh, what can I say, he's a 28 year old tradie who earns really good money and he's kinda hot to boot LOL! :lol: Yeah, I can be shallow like that, but I have never ever really seriously 'sought out' a partner / boyfriend in the way many people around my age have.

Oh, and yes, I do think you need new friends. If anyone ever did anything like that to me and kept doing it, I would think: Screw you. You obviously don't care one iota about what I think and how I feel. I would rather be alone than put up with that kind of immature, bitchy behaviour from so-called 'friends'.

I think you need a: :hug:

:hmm:

someone had to do it

Last edited:
I think you need a: :hug:
Thanks Zesty!

I've had my mum approach guys at functions and ask if they were single, because her daughter is too. *facepalm*

I really should have told these girls where to go years ago.

In high school they wanted to go see 5ive (awful boy group), but weren't allowed to unless someone else was going as well. So they said to me, that if I went with them, that they would come with me when a band I wanted to see came out here. So I went.

When Tool came out a few months later I said I was calling in the favour, and was told "If you think we had any intention of honouring that agreement, you're more gullible than we thought."

So I missed out.

When it came around to their 23rd birthday, they wanted to go into the city for dinner, and then to a nightclub. I agreed to go to the dinner, but said I would go home afterwards, and they could still go out and have fun. They agreed to this.

When the night came, one twin's boyfriend was several hours late getting to the city, so instead of our nice Chinese meal, we had to settle for McDonalds.
When they announced that they were ready to go, I said I'd call for a lift home, and they argued for awhile that I should come with them, because we could "dance all night" and have so much fun. I still wanted to go home, so one of them grabbed my bag, which meant I had no car keys (my car was parked at their place), no phone, no purse, no ID.

So I had to go with them to get it back.

Got to the club, got patted down and went through metal detectors, then paid $30 (!) for the entry fee.

When everyone was settled on comfy lounges, they then decided that the "RnB" room was too dark and the music too slow, so they moved to the "dance" room with it's plastic chairs and harsh lighting.

At which point they dumped all the jackets and bags and stuff with me, and walked away.
For the next 5 hours none of them came near me. Too bad if I wanted to go to the bathroom, or get a drink from the bar. My conscience wouldn't let me leave their bags unattended.
The girls were all off in the room we had just left. At least the guys had the decency to let me know they would stay where they could see me, in case anyone started harrassing me.

Some time after 3am it was announced that we were going. Finally.
On the way back to their car I said that I wanted to go to an alternative club where they play hard rock music, for my birthday.

The reply from one of the twins was: "Get stuffed, I wouldn't be seen dead at a place like that, you can go by yourself. Too many druggies and weirdos."

(The place we had just left was actually closed down a year later because of violence and drug related incidents)

This started an argument between the girl who said it and her boyfriend, who was standing up for me, after having watched me sit alone for 5 hours, at a place I didn't like, because it was her birthday and "that's what you do for your friends".

But of course, it was all MY fault for being a self-centred, stuck up bitch, who was just jealous of her and her sister.

We stopped talking for 2 years, though I worked with their mother, who also stopped talking to me.
There was so much that I'm sure their mother didn't know they got up to, that I could have mentioned casually in the lunchroom, but I wasn't going to stoop to their level, so I was never anything but polite to their mum. I had no issue with her anyway.

One day, one of them came into work and casually started chatting to me again, and suggested we go out for coffee, so no one ever mentioned it again.

:hmm: someone had to do it

Hmm. Yeah, what? I am dense. Brain partially melted you see. :|

Misrabelle: Jeez louise! I'll stay away from making friends with twins, it's like getting a double dose of bitchiness! :blink:

Last edited:
A book that I had to read in English, I'll read you the prompt:
In many works of literature, a character goes on a journey that changes his or her life. From a work of literature you have read in or out of school, select a character who goes on a journey that changes his or her life. In a well-developed composition, identify the character, describe how the journey changes the character's life, and explain how the journey relates to the work as a whole.

I hated those questions in English. It ruins a book for me when I have to then sit and pick it apart..
"What do you think the author intened when they did this..."
NOTHING! Maybe they just wanted to write a story for the love of doing it, or because they were bored, or in need of the money once it got published. FFS. Not everything has a deeper, hidden meaning. STOP RUINING IT FOR ME!

Thanks Zesty!

I've had my mum approach guys at functions and ask if they were single, because her daughter is too. *facepalm*

I really should have told these girls where to go years ago.

In high school they wanted to go see 5ive (awful boy group), but weren't allowed to unless someone else was going as well. So they said to me, that if I went with them, that they would come with me when a band I wanted to see came out here. So I went.

When Tool came out a few months later I said I was calling in the favour, and was told "If you think we had any intention of honouring that agreement, you're more gullible than we thought."

So I missed out.

When it came around to their 23rd birthday, they wanted to go into the city for dinner, and then to a nightclub. I agreed to go to the dinner, but said I would go home afterwards, and they could still go out and have fun. They agreed to this.

When the night came, one twin's boyfriend was several hours late getting to the city, so instead of our nice Chinese meal, we had to settle for McDonalds.
When they announced that they were ready to go, I said I'd call for a lift home, and they argued for awhile that I should come with them, because we could "dance all night" and have so much fun. I still wanted to go home, so one of them grabbed my bag, which meant I had no car keys (my car was parked at their place), no phone, no purse, no ID.

So I had to go with them to get it back.

Got to the club, got patted down and went through metal detectors, then paid $30 (!) for the entry fee.

When everyone was settled on comfy lounges, they then decided that the "RnB" room was too dark and the music too slow, so they moved to the "dance" room with it's plastic chairs and harsh lighting.

At which point they dumped all the jackets and bags and stuff with me, and walked away.
For the next 5 hours none of them came near me. Too bad if I wanted to go to the bathroom, or get a drink from the bar. My conscience wouldn't let me leave their bags unattended.
The girls were all off in the room we had just left. At least the guys had the decency to let me know they would stay where they could see me, in case anyone started harrassing me.

Some time after 3am it was announced that we were going. Finally.
On the way back to their car I said that I wanted to go to an alternative club where they play hard rock music, for my birthday.

The reply from one of the twins was: "Get stuffed, I wouldn't be seen dead at a place like that, you can go by yourself. Too many druggies and weirdos."

(The place we had just left was actually closed down a year later because of violence and drug related incidents)

This started an argument between the girl who said it and her boyfriend, who was standing up for me, after having watched me sit alone for 5 hours, at a place I didn't like, because it was her birthday and "that's what you do for your friends".

But of course, it was all MY fault for being a self-centred, stuck up bitch, who was just jealous of her and her sister.

We stopped talking for 2 years, though I worked with their mother, who also stopped talking to me.
There was so much that I'm sure their mother didn't know they got up to, that I could have mentioned casually in the lunchroom, but I wasn't going to stoop to their level, so I was never anything but polite to their mum. I had no issue with her anyway.

One day, one of them came into work and casually started chatting to me again, and suggested we go out for coffee, so no one ever mentioned it again.

:| What a bunch of toxic, self-centered people. It really is time to ditch and move on.

:lol: That's pretty much the same way I work too.

Misrabelle: Jeez louise! I'll stay away from making friends with twins, it's like getting a double dose of bitchiness! :blink:
Yep. And it gets really awkward when they argue with each other. Then you don't know where to turn. Even more awkward when you're overseas with them!

The thing is they just don't know what it's like for someone who doesn't have someone close to them, like a sister or best friend.

They think everything is so easy, and I'm making a big deal over nothing.

On Topgearfanatic's productivity graph thingy, replace the 2am with 2pm and you have me!

My brain seems to kick in after lunch. But, not being a night-owl I get tired around 11pm (unless I'm out and distracted by shiny things wheee!), and liking my sleep anything before 10am is too early. I want to be asleep for 12hrs sometimes, but I've never managed it. I keep waking up at 4:30 - ish in the morning for no reason whatsoever. Blah.

Damn I am so bored.

I must get me something shiny and pretty to stare at. Oooh tinfoil.....

Edit: Holy...uh. It's official, I've gone bonkers in the heat.

I actually wrote that once, the teacher gave me an A+ for being honest about how I felt.

I did that once too, but got zero for it because it was apparently "offensive towards Australian poetry". Because I quite rightly pointed out that it was an overrated piece of boring twaddle with no deep meaning.

'Offensive towards Australian poetry'. :lmao:

Topgearfanatics's teacher is more awesome than your teacher!

I wish I had the uh..balls to do something like that. But I was such a nauseating goody-two-shoes at school. Partially, because my own mother taught there and I couldn't get away with anything.

'Offensive towards Australian poetry'. :lmao:

Topgearfanatics's teacher is more awesome than your teacher!

I wish I had the uh..balls to do something like that. But I was such a nauseating goody-two-shoes at school. Partially, because my own mother taught there and I couldn't get away with anything.

I know. My teacher hated me after that. The problem I have is that for quite some time I have never managed to do an assignment seriously. I think that in the particular one that was "offensive towards poetry", I said that finding a deep meaning in a particular poem was like "shoving excrement into your letterbox" and that the Man from Snowy River is about "a man who does nothing of any interest whatsoever". And in another thing where it said something like "Why did the author choose these words?", I wrote "they rhyme". They didn't.

Last edited:
On Topgearfanatic's productivity graph thingy, replace the 2am with 2pm and you have me!

My brain seems to kick in after lunch. But, not being a night-owl I get tired around 11pm (unless I'm out and distracted by shiny things wheee!), and liking my sleep anything before 10am is too early. I want to be asleep for 12hrs sometimes, but I've never managed it. I keep waking up at 4:30 - ish in the morning for no reason whatsoever. Blah.

Damn I am so bored.

I must get me something shiny and pretty to stare at. Oooh tinfoil.....

Edit: Holy...uh. It's official, I've gone bonkers in the heat.

Bad news also, the forecast has been revised for tomorrow

Melbourne 36? Cool change and shower or two.

That is not going to be pleasent

Also Zesty and other Victorians we should get together for a beer or something

Bad news also, the forecast has been revised for tomorrow

Melbourne 36? Cool change and shower or two.

That is not going to be pleasent

Also Zesty and other Victorians we should get together for a beer or something

Beer sounds good. We were supposed be 40?C Windy with showers, but has changed. Now it's late showers and still 40?C for tomorrow.

I did that once too, but got zero for it because it was apparently "offensive towards Australian poetry". Because I quite rightly pointed out that it was an overrated piece of boring twaddle with no deep meaning.

I remember doing similies (sp?) once, and the teacher asked me what it made me think of when she read one of the texts out.
It was something along the lines of "It sounded like marbles being sucked up by a vacuum cleaner".
I just looked at her and said "Nothing. That's afwul." She tried to come up with something herself, but failed and admitted I was right.