Random Thoughts....

I'm watching that Keanu Reeves movie about the bus that couldn't slow down.

Afaik, under Australian law your network can be totally open wide open and it's still an offence to access it without permission.
They tried this over here, too. But all rulings were overturned on appeal as unautorized access, according to our courts, must include circumventing some kind of authorisation. If everyone is allowed to access, no unauthorized acess takes place. It's a bit like right of way for ramblers in the UK.

The Swiss let the guy who downloaded the complete adress list for some G8 meeting (including the private cell numbers of then-president Clinton and others) off the hook for breaking in a private computer system as the MS SQL server that held the data was a) not firewalled and b) had the installation default admin password still in place.

I'm watching that Keanu Reeves movie about the bus that couldn't slow down.

What was it called? Lame?

I thought it was Point(less) Brakes?

That's one way to get revenge on people if they ever move to Germany, then. Download everything off their connection so they get in trouble...mwahaha.

All they ever do here is give you a phone call if they catch you (which is rare).

Download finished. Computer off. Neighbor can rest easy now.

I was just reminded why it is I hate Best Buy so much. How does anyone shop there?

The nearest Best Buys in my area are fine, with stores like that it's a ymmv thing.

*walks into HP store
gaasc: do you have any laptops with a 17-inch display
HP store clerk: no
gaasc: Any laptops with i7?
HP store clerk: unfortunately no
gaasc: Any ones with Windows 7 ultimate
HP store clerk:home basic, home premium and business only
gaasc: thanks
*leaves

*walks into HP store
gaasc: do you have any laptops with a 17-inch display
HP store clerk: no
gaasc: Any laptops with i7?
HP store clerk: unfortunately no
gaasc: Any ones with Windows 7 ultimate
HP store clerk:home basic, home premium and business only
gaasc: thanks
*leaves
A computer "store", how quaint. :p

Computer dealership is just wrong :p

There is nothing worth buying?

I was just at one of the smaller stores to spend a gift card. I still have the gift card.

Well that and it's laid out for morons to shop in. "Here's your TV and all the cables right here beside!" If you know what you want, you don't have a bat's chance in hell of finding it. I think I'll just buy online.