Random Thoughts....

Well that and it's laid out for morons to shop in. "Here's your TV and all the cables right here beside!" If you know what you want, you don't have a bat's chance in hell of finding it. I think I'll just buy online.

Talking about morons...
There's only one good computer dealership around here, but annoyingly you can't just walk in, pick up what you want, pay and leave. Instead you have to get in line, wait until the idiot in front of you finished his demonstration of absolutely no knowledge whatsoever, tell the salesman behind the counter what you want so he can get it for you from a storeroom about a mile away. Now every time I go there you can bet there is at least one guy in front of me that wants to build his first computer but has no idea what he wants/needs and how much it costs. So he tools away for about 30 minutes, customizing himself a serious gaming rig only to realize that he wasn't prepared to spend that much money and then uses another 30 minutes to decide which components could be replaced with cheaper ones. A couple of those experiences and now I either go there very early when everybody else is at work or if it's expensive enough for free shipping just order it.

Watching the muppet martians on youtube is addictive :lol:

There is nothing worth buying?

I was just at one of the smaller stores to spend a gift card. I still have the gift card.

Small store big store, doesn't matter. Went to a smaller BB near my apartment to grab a CD, which they didn't have. Okay, there is a bigger one about a block from where I'm going I'll stop there. They had the same CD selection just with more space between the CDs.

My local Best Buy isn't great, but they have the store setup well and always have what I'm looking for. Unless it's PC games, but then no one has PC games anymore. :mad:

Why does this chair have to be so low? I'm at my Aunt and Uncle's Farm and she has this chair which is bad for your posture anyway and if you slump to a nice comfy position, there is no way in hell you can reach the keyboard.

Ordering stuff from the Internet is just easier. No waiting in lines, no getting annoyed by the other customers, no hunting for something around the store only to realize they don't have it in the shop, no need to travel anywhere, no talking to some sales person who does not know anything, usually cheaper prices. Only real downside is that you have to wait atleast one day for the stuff to arrive.

I plan on deleting my Facebook account after I graduate this May.

FG Facebook friends, enjoy my witty status ripostes while it lasts. :cool:

DO NOT WAAAAANT!! :cry:

Talking about morons...
There's only one good computer dealership around here, but annoyingly you can't just walk in, pick up what you want, pay and leave...wordswordwordwordywordywordword...A couple of those experiences and now I either go there very early when everybody else is at work or if it's expensive enough for free shipping just order it.

We call those "Best Buys".

Go ahead and laugh at this. Someone on Facebook posted:

Just finished watching Our Friend Martin with the kids, we had a nice discussion after.

To which I replied:
I missed the capitalization of Our Friend Martin, and reading your status, I interpreted it as you and your husband literally watched a friend named Martin playing(?) with your kids, then discussed it with him.

Oh, c'mon. It was funny. You know it.

:|

I plan on deleting my Facebook account after I graduate this May.

FG Facebook friends, enjoy my witty status ripostes while it lasts. :cool:

I do not have a facebook account and have never had one.

My wife created a myspace account for me a couple years back but I never use it.

Pretty much everyone in my wife's family has facebook and why would I want to be connected to them more then I already am?

Best Buy - my Daughter has just done an interview with them - what is their rep in US as a shop for Customers and employees? Anyone?

Ours isn't bad--I've had a couple friends who've worked there. Just be prepared for a loooootttt of stupid questions.

Finally someone has some Brains!

"The new devices will replace a network of fixed speed cameras on a stretch of road which saw 500 collisions including 34 serious and three fatal accidents between 2006 and 2008. Transport For London has said it will also raise the speed limit from 40 to 50 mph once the network of 84 time over distance cameras are in place."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...ed-on-major-urban-stretch-for-first-time.html

Accidents probably occurred due to the stop start of the traffic to avoid the fixed cameras on a road with an inappropriately low speed limit!

Last edited:
In the state's Best Buy gets some flack, mostly due to customer service issues. I'd never want to work there, esp. at the geek squad since a lot of people pretty much dismiss them as idiots who just care about upselling people on services, due to the dumb shit that some do that makes the news/Consumerist, etc. It takes a few bad eggs to ruin the whole carton perception wise. (idk if that analogy makes any sense whatsoever!)

It sucks because I'd love to work there just so that I could be working around technology and gaining experience "working in my field of study" but I don't want to be treated like dirt by customers who either think I'm retarded due to what they hear in the news/online, or act as if I'm trying to scam them somehow. :(

My school term starts next Wednesday. Who the fuck starts school on a Wednesday? Every year it starts on the Monday after Australia day and this year it decides to start on a Wednesday? Who does that?

My school term starts next Wednesday. Who the fuck starts school on a Wednesday? Every year it starts on the Monday after Australia day and this year it decides to start on a Wednesday? Who does that?

Every year of my schooling? A lot of uni's do not even recognise public holidays. I had an exam on Melbourne cup day

What state are you in? Cause in Victoria, we start on the following Monday.

Just saw avatar and it was awesome. I didn't want to go thinking it was overhyped and I had the whole "ehh what's so great about it" attitude but it wasn't overhyped. The plot, as my friends had already noted, was odd and a bit wayward. However the effects, cgi, and of course the 3-D made it soooo worth it. I have to see it again. Just wonderful. Eye candy galore.

If you haven't seen it and are acting constipated thinking "fug that i'd rather stay at home" - get off your ass and go. You won't regret it.

I can't remember a song I just heard; it was playing really quietly in a shop I was in. All I can remember is that it reminded me of a rainy day, the artist was a dude and the lyrics went something like

"I've got nothing to say somethingsomethingsomething way."

It sounded a bit like Coldplay's Don't Panic if that helps.

What state are you in? Cause in Victoria, we start on the following Monday.

Queensland.