Random Thoughts....

Since i am a LARP geek, i found this amusing.

Post-Apocalyptic LARP in Sweden. Some guy wonders if he could bring some fitting props and get the green light. This is what he brought.

1241612602_resized.jpg

ROFL dude that has got to be the best use of "whatever is lying around" since Vin Diesel killed a man with a tea cup.

After 2 hours of travelling, I have finally come back home. Damn you St. Patrick's Day and your traffic jams! :shakefist:

Guess that car, anyone! The style reminds me of James' Merc in the african challenge.

Never bothered identifying it, but after looking at the front rim and the doorpanel, i am almost certain it is a...

Ford Sierra!

ugh sprained my ankle yesterday, not at school today because of it...

I want my class to be over so I can go home, chill with friends, and grill and drink beer! AGHAGHAGHAG CLASS

I'm starting to give serious consideration to perhaps training to become a Paramedic.

It's played on my mind for a while now. It's something i've always wanted to do, i've always had a massive interest in medicine. Ever since i had the accident i've had a new found respect and abundance of admiration for these guys. It would be doing something i really enjoy and would be an amazingly satisfying job.

But it's a big decision to quit my secure job in engineering for a completely different path altogether. I'm not really sure i have the bollocks to do it. :unsure:

[...]But it's a big decision to quit my secure job in engineering for a completely different path altogether. I'm not really sure i have the bollocks to do it. :unsure:
My Father was a Paramedic. Wether you have the balls to quit a safe and (presumably) well paid job isn?t the real "test". That comes after having bloody hands for the x-hundered time after putting another person on your "seen him/her die" list.
Being a paramedic is a very, very hard Job and not only in the sense that you will be lifting a lot of weight on some occasions. I have huge respect for everyone who does it. But I?ve seen it happen - you might do that Job 10, 15 years without a problem, but suddenly it get?s to you. You think you?ve seen it all and have all the routine in the world ... and then you find out that you just haven?t.

I?m not saying "don?t do it", I?m saying "choose wisely"

Last edited:
I'm starting to give serious consideration to perhaps training to become a Paramedic.

Could you handle seeing what happened to yourself, or worse maybe 5-6 times a week? If not, please do the world a favor and not become a paramedic. It sounds insulting, but someone at the accident scene needs to be the strong of stomach and level headed.

Though I have never fully told the story to anyone, I witnessed an accident so gory I can now never watch gory horror movies again. It scarred me, and I still, fifteen years later have nightmares about it.

There. I drank a Smithwick's. Erin go braless, luck of the highlanders. Far as I knew, Saint Patrick's day is akin to American Thanksgivings; we really have bastardized it.

So anyway, using a comp to browse FG at 10 in the morning while inside the Teachers lounge is without any question or shadow of doubt the most awkward experience in the history of humanity.

There. I drank a Smithwick's. Erin go braless, luck of the highlanders. Far as I knew, Saint Patrick's day is akin to American Thanksgivings; we really have bastardized it.

What, you're saying this Saint Patrick was a real guy and that this holiday is supposed to honor something? Next thing you're gonna tell me that the Irish aren't all an entire nation of strongly belligerent alcoholics and that a typical day in Dublin doesn't look like Kenmore Square after the Sox won the World Series the first time? :?

My Father was a Paramedic. Wether you have the balls to quit a safe and (presumably) well paid job isn?t the real "test". That comes after having bloody hands for the x-hundered time after putting another person on your "seen him/her die" list.
Being a paramedic is a very, very hard Job and not only in the sense that you will be lifting a lot of weight on some occasions. I have huge respect for everyone who does it. But I?ve seen it happen - you might do that Job 10, 15 years without a problem, but suddenly it get?s to you. You think you?ve seen it all and have all the routine in the world ... and then you find out that you just haven?t.

I?m not saying "don?t do it", I?m saying "choose wisely"

I understand how difficult of a job it is. Though that really hasn't put me off.

Could you handle seeing what happened to yourself, or worse maybe 5-6 times a week? If not, please do the world a favor and not become a paramedic. It sounds insulting, but someone at the accident scene needs to be the strong of stomach and level headed.

Absolutely. I wasn't even really bothered by my own graphic injuries (only really the pain). I'm pretty sure i could cope with the pressure of such a situation, and a weak stomach is not an issue i have at all.

My best friends dad is a paramedic and having talked with him a lot, is the reason as to why i've given it such serious thought.

Now why is it that my friends don't add my girlfriend on Facebook, nor does my family (none of them have it) yet heaps of her friends and family add me?

For fuck's sake, I don't know you, piss off.

Jon

My mates in the LFB (London Fire Brigade) say the very hardest thing is dead children - they all have issues with that. So if you think that you can cope with that go for it, and very good luck - I wish you well.

I totally missed my 5,000th post soul-donation party. Oops.