Random Thoughts....

Yeah the skullet was awesome but I think his label made him shave it off. He had a lot of energy, was a really good show. We were right in the mosh at the front which was interesting! He kept encouraging us to dance and jump about :p

Made him shave it off?

:O

Speaking of you, Coles had 4packs of Red Bull for $5.
I had to get some, that's less than half price.

So I just bought a SubZero-brand water bottle for 4.99 from Wal-Greens. Its one of those stainless steel ones, which I've been wanting to get for a while but I'm kinda broke so I went for this because it was a bargain.

Then I come home to find a load of reviews that peg this particular brand as crap - its made in China, but the only kind of water bottles I can find that aren't made in China and aren't plastic are FEW Nalgene ones and ONLY the aluminum SIGG ones (SIGG makes stainless steel water bottles as well, and although they say they're made in China with close supervision by their Swiss engineers...yeah, still. China.). I did find something called LoveBottle, which are glass (but they are made in China, sadly) and would be fine for the purpose I need it for (bed-side water bottle, I don't trust open top glasses or cups full of liquid sitting in my room for days in this house and my parents would probably nag me about keeping one of their cups.)...except all of these are rather expensive.

So I guess I will take my chances. From the reviews I've read, apparently there are two types of that water bottle- an old type that had thin threads for the cap and bad sealing, and wasn't made from a single piece of metal, and then the newer type that has bigger fatter threads, is all one piece, and has better sealing (which appears to be the one I've got). I've been keeping my eye out for this "one day rust" and so far nothing. I'm hoping that all these people just happened to get bad batches or are just stupid fuckwits who mis-used their water bottles in some way which resulted in them rusting and breaking and etc.

Anyone here heard of this SubZero brand water bottle at all?

Why all the fuss over a water bottle? But, what's wrong with having stuff made in China? I mean it can't be that bad, after all, companies have reputations to protect.

Edit: Wikipedia says the Sigg bottles are either made in Switzerland or China. So there, problem solved.

Last edited:
Why all the fuss over a water bottle? But, what's wrong with having stuff made in China? I mean it can't be that bad, after all, companies have reputations to protect.

Edit: Wikipedia says the Sigg bottles are either made in Switzerland or China. So there, problem solved.

Usually, plastic water bottles leech harmful stuff into your water and make it taste gross. And since I usually have a full bottle of water that sits near my bedside, I'd rather not go to take a drink in the middle of the night and spit it up all over my bed. >.> So I figured aluminum, stainless steel, or glass would be the way to go.

And the only reason I worry about stuff made in China is because their labor costs are low, companies have their products made over there and shipped to wherever their company is based - and they aren't always truthful about what goes into their products when its made in a foreign country. Until recently SIGG apparently used a liner that contained BPA in their aluminum bottles, and BPA is the whole reason why plastic water bottles are getting flak, especially the disposable ones. But they're supposed to have made it all better now, or so they say.

EDIT: And don't always trust Wikipedia, its publicly edited by people who think they know everything when they usually don't. A lot of it is just nonsense or wrong. :p

Last edited:
Here's a novel idea.

Pour some water from the tap (assuming that's the water you use) into a glass!

Stale water doesn't taste good in either case. It isn't rocket science to make water bottle, so shouldn't be that hard to find one you can use.

Here's a novel idea.

Pour some water from the tap (assuming that's the water you use) into a glass!

That's a fine idea when I'm fully awake in the middle of the day, but most of the reason I keep a full bottle of water next to my bed is because I wake up in the middle of the night and need a drink. If I didn't keep a bottle of water on hand, I'd have to stumble downstairs, get a glass and fill it up, rather than just grab the bottle that's already there where I know exactly where to reach in the dark without my glasses on.

Like I said, I'd leave a full glass on my nightstand, but that also leaves more chance of spillage, bugs contaminating my water, etc.

Luckily though the water bottle I bought doesn't seem to be killing me yet :lol: unlike the plastic one I used to have which had some sort of chemical reaction with the water and now I can't get it properly clean no matter how hard I try. It always makes my water taste...bad. :yucky:

I've just learned where the "O hai!" meme came from. And I fear I have been psychologically scarred for life.
DO NOT WATCH A MOVIE CALLED "THE ROOM". Trust me, it's for your own good.

I've always just used whatever leftover plastic water bottle I've had lying around, never had any taste problems :dunno:

But then the tap water around here isn't the best so maybe I've just grown immune.

Owwww, my feet are sore, I spend all 8 hrs yesterday and today at work standing up, I'm not used to that and my feet are killing me, work provide some fancy sandals and they are good, I just need to toughen up I guess...

I've had a few different styles of reusable water bottles over the years. The only one I won't use any more is a polycarbonate style coffee mug because those are believed to perhaps leach compounds when warm. Mine was several years old and scratched to bits anyway so I figured replacing it was of minimal environmental concern. Other than that, I don't believe any of this "OMG your water bottle is going to kill you and make you fat and sterile!!!! OMG OMG!" bullshit. This is my favorite style.

3162-large.jpg

I sent off for a few dozen extra straws when I bought my last one and replace them as necessary. They don't seem to affect flavor at all, don't leak or spill, and wash up easily since they have a wide mouth and you can scrub around in there. I keep one on my desk at work and two at home (so one is always clean). They're pretty useful IMHO. I have a metal bottle I got with a gift certificate I needed to spend, but I never use it. There are 10,000 threads on the damn top and you spend about a year screwing and unscrewing it all the time. It's been pretty useless. Plus the mouth is tiny and you can't even get a bottle brush down there.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I never understood why those oh-so-trendy "environmentally friendly" metal water bottles were so popular. To me they're lumped in the same category of outdoor adventure products you'll never use for their intended purposes, like North Face jackets and carabiners for your keys.

My friend paid $165 for a North Face fleece, just as the weather was starting to get warmer. I'll never understand people.

The main reason why white people like these clothes is that it allows them to believe that at any moment they could find themselves with a Thule rack on top of their car headed to a national park. It could be 4:00 p.m. on a Saturday when they might get a call ?hey man, you know what we need to do? Kayak then camping, right now. I?m on my way to get you, there is no time to change clothes.?

Anyway, get a Nalgene bottle: they're cheap, they're indestructible and they're Boy Scout approved. Plus, they don't leak BPA anymore!

I had one of these SIGG metal bottles, which kept being a PITA to open. Right now, I am going oldschool and using.......water bottles. You know, the ones from the shop in which they ship.......water. :D

I hit myself in the head with a crowbar. It hurt. Now it only hurts a little.

Haha, I have one of those fleeces...because they're kinda indestructable. And fuzzy. That, too.

I just use old-school ceramic mugs for everything. Keep on desk, refill accordingly. If I have a hot drink, I like to stick my face in it to warm up a bit. Plus I'm a massive wuss and drinks stay too hot, too long if they're in a covered mug.

Got back from California yesterday. The number one most annoying thing was the stupid eco friendly low flow useless shower at the hotel. My shower back here in Texas is like a fire hose compared to the squirt gun that was the California shower.

I hate low pressure showers. My old shower head was half corroded and spat out water at weird angles but it was because of this that it was the most epic showerhead ever (fewer places for water to go = more pressure). I really regret replacing it.