Random Thoughts....

Knocked one of the elastics off a bracket last night, now my front teeth are really sore and loose and I can't get it fixed until Monday :(

3 days of no chewing(and assignments) FTL.

No, no, no you're missing it! It's not "chucking a sickie" it's taking a mental health day. Mental health is important! Take that day off!

My boss has something like 300 sick saved from 30 years of working here

Oh god. The guy who rang me 9 times in an hour just asked me if I want to do anything this weekend.

I'm not used to this happening, and I usually do the same thing..get really freaked out :?

Stop over analyzing and get on with it!
Keep it up and twenty years down the road you will categorized as "crazy cat lady." Cripes, you are in the prime of your life; whoop it up, lass!

My boss has something like 300 sick saved from 30 years of working here

Most companies won't let you do that anymore. The new thing is capping them so if you don't use them, you loose them. I figure they're just encouraging mental health days, so I'm sure to promote them. If you don't take care of your mental health as much as your physical health you'll sick as an employee right? May as well. :D

^- as i already said, don't get worked up about this "nine times" thing - especially when calling people well known for not hearing their phones (like you seem to be from your first post :p) wardialling is a legitimate behaviour...

Don't freak out, be happy you got a date!

Ah come on, he literally rang me over and over again for over an hour straight. That is kind of freaky.

Also, he pretty much slacked off the end of the Entrepreneurship project, leaving me and the other girl to finish it off :mad: I just kind of turned him down, saying that I'll be too tired (not a lie, I am going to be mad busy all weekend)

Maybe I'm too picky with guys, but I jsut get really freaked out about this stuff :( (granted it only happened once before, and I kind of regretted my decision with that guy, but he was a great friend and we had a lot more in common.)

Mum is giving out to me now for turning him down and stuff, saying that I will "get a reputation for turning down boys".

I just don't like him, I'm not going to say yes to every guy who asks me out, just for the sake of going out with someone (granted that probably won't be that often), but I just get really uncomfortable in some social situations.

You have a personal trainer? I have a pair of trainers - all I can afford!

Oh, and the pong a bit.

Omid Djalli does the Nigerian Accent. ...

[YOUTUBE]qgUkHYPXh9s[/YOUTUBE]

Maybe I'm too picky with guys
Yes you are. Have fun, date a few and save the serious stuff for later down the road. It will happen if you want it.

Mum is giving out to me now for turning him down and stuff, saying that I will "get a reputation for turning down boys".

And she is right! No guy wants to date a nun, but on the other hand, no guy wants to bring home a slut to his mother, either. There is always the happy medium 99% of people fall into.

but I just get really uncomfortable in some social situations.

So do I. My lovely wife of seven years understands that, among many other thing which is the reason I married her. I do agree to a point of not going out for the sake of. Sometimes by doing so other circumstances can happen by luck or fate for the better.

I wish I knew then what I know now about relationships - a sick joke Power with out knowledge = Knowledge without power - bugger. Go for it, what have you got to loose - er you do know this bloke he is not some random bloke now is he?

Oh and er, my leg is bleeding. Scratched off a small scab where I caught it in the garden. Nasty.

Last edited:
Ah come on, he literally rang me over and over again for over an hour straight.

And that's exactely what i do when i can't reach my girlfriend and i know she is wearing a skirt or dress without pockets and thus has her phone somewhere in her handbag. Or when i try to call any of my other female friends with large handbags and mobile phones generally set silent. Not to mention my dad who generally has his mobile in the pocket of his jacket, unless he's wearing it - then he has the phone in his car.

Haha not quite but I must say I've one a class similar...

One of my fellow instructors I found out was on Hammond'd Total Wipeout UK in summer. He was in the UK Olympic Bobsleigh team and Hammond called him 'Downhill Dave' throughout the whole thing!

Not to mention my dad who generally has his mobile in the pocket of his jacket, unless he's wearing it - then he has the phone in his car.
You can't call old people on mobile phones, they're incompatible.

Buffy, don't become a katwalk-like shutaway. Bad experiences, except for the seriously traumatizing type, are always better than none. At the very least you'll have stories to reminisce about in the future.

And that's exactely what i do when i can't reach my girlfriend and i know she is wearing a skirt or dress without pockets and thus has her phone somewhere in her handbag. Or when i try to call any of my other female friends with large handbags and mobile phones generally set silent. Not to mention my dad who generally has his mobile in the pocket of his jacket, unless he's wearing it - then he has the phone in his car.

You see, the thing is if my phone is in my purse or on the kitchen counter or anywhere else that isn't my pocket you can call me one time or 100 and I'll hear it exactly the same, not at all. So it's really pretty useless to keep calling and calling. You're better off leaving a message.

My then 88 year old grandmother had a mobile phone after her open heart surgery (assisted living would have required installing an additional landline to what she already pays for in her own apartment). She actually did quite well with it. It was a flip phone set to answer on open. Once she got used to where to put the earpiece, it was no problem. She couldn't dial it, but she's blind so she can't really dial any cell phone.

And Buffy, I personally don't think you should go on a date with a guy you have zero interest in and don't even like as an acquaintance. :) But you don't want relationship advice from me.

Last edited:
You see, the thing is if my phone is in my purse or on the kitchen counter or anywhere else that isn't my pocket you can call me one time or 100 and I'll hear it exactly the same, not at all. So it's really pretty useless to keep calling and calling. You're better off leaving a message.

I see what you mean - but especially with my girlfriend and my dad it's about having the display blink when they look in the general direction of the phone ;)

This is especially true of my dad, who, at 72, still treats every challenge modern life throws at him (computers, cell phones, the internet, driving) with a "what could possibly go wrong"-attitude he routinely justifies with the same "i flew faster than the speed of sound, i can easily handle this" - which, of course, fails with everything but driving.

Last edited:
Buffy, don't become a katwalk-like shutaway. Bad experiences, except for the seriously traumatizing type, are always better than none. At the very least you'll have stories to reminisce about in the future.

I agree. Even if I suffer paranoia (Enough to look strangely at drinks i haven't served myself. Not enough to distrust everyone on the Internet.) I think you should go, he's obviously interested in you and you can go to a concurred area.

Man, how come you people weren't around the girls I had crushes on in middle school when I'd call them up?