Random Thoughts....

The two greatest classes of my week are today.

They involve running around with a machete killing people, that's right, Counter Strike 1.6 over LAN with knife mods =D
Simply because you can get the work done in about 15 minutes for each class, 2 hours a class, 4 hour block.

So that leaves 3.5 hours lol.

Reactions: Jay
[YOUTUBE]pOZuN8G6GQo[/YOUTUBE]

I want one of these, badly...

I wish guys that weren't creeps would show interest in dating me. Not that I'm bothered by not getting asked out, worrying about a relationship is probably the last thing I need on top of all the other crap I have to deal with, but it would be nice to know that there were people interested in me that aren't already my friends.

Anyone know how to look at a list of things you uploaded on phyrefile? I uploaded some pictures for an assignment that I REALLY need and forgot to link them to something:S

My state just passed a tobacco tax that goes from 35% to 86%. Now the oldest cigar shop in the state, and the one I like the most, is shutting it's doors.

:(

The bill's sponsor claims that he had no idea that it would affect retail locations, even though it was spelled out in the legislation. After he was asked about it he said he has "no pity" for tobacco businesses.

In totally unrelated news, the state's unemployment is up to 7.1%

Fucker.

Do you have Indian Reservations there? Tax free.

After he was asked about it he said he has "no pity" for tobacco businesses.

He must be a fun guy. :rolleyes:

Also, I gotta rant about something, from something that popped up on my Facebook page:

"FUN FACT! When ever actors like Tom Cruse come 2 Mass 2 make a movie Mass gives them $1,000,000 from OUR state funds.Mass is cutting funds 4 programs that help teen parents further better there educations cuz funding is tight right now.Someone who makes 4 million dollars 2 star in a 2hour movie is takeing from thousand...s of teen parents who r truggling 2 stay in school &probly make minimum wage... all i can say is WTF"

First of all, quit using numbers instead of words. It's goddamn fucking unreadable. Jesus Christ, how hard is it to type out "to?" :wall:

Second, film crews generate business, revenue and taxes when they come to a location to film for months on end, bringing in tourism dollars as well as helping the local economy. There aren't many movies made in MA in the first place because of the draconian taxes we have here in the state. The Departed? That was mostly filmed in Toronto (it shows up in some scenes) because of the tax breaks the city offered to the production crew. Many states are working to entice film crews to film on location instead of dressing up some backlot to look like the Back Bay. It's not a matter of simply handing Tom "Cruse" [sic] a check for a million dollars because he's soo kewl!, and ripping it away from teen mothers (of which she is one, hence the rant). If you're going to rant about something in the first place, get your facts straight!

I feel like writing the above paragraph on her wall, but she'd just get really cranky about it. And this is why I can't wait to delete my Facebook after I graduate. And also why I hate people.

Last edited:
My state just passed a tobacco tax that goes from 35% to 86%.

And I read in the latest SEMA newsletter that a bill going through the state house to make any exhaust modifications illegal was narrowly defeated.

What the hell is going on in Utah? Your state is in danger of becoming the next California.

(And if your lawmakers are anything like ours, they hate tobacco but love the tax monies it brings.)

I wish guys that weren't creeps would show interest in dating me. Not that I'm bothered by not getting asked out, worrying about a relationship is probably the last thing I need on top of all the other crap I have to deal with, but it would be nice to know that there were people interested in me that aren't already my friends.

Damn your friends it would be poison to get involved with them. I wish my relationships didn't end awkwardly leading to bizarre encounters in public. Also I wish that people could be chill enough that I wouldn't have to keep the circles closed. "who are they?" "just friends from XXXX" "thats cool we could meet you there" "na, thats alright. their weird" sometime later at he bar "who were you with" "just some people" "why didn't they come with" "their weird"

Last edited:
It's time for me to go to bed and yet cross-eyed avatar cat is asleep and purring on my left leg. What to do, what to do?

I fucking hate LiveJournal right now. Their big upgrade has totally rendered my journal fucking useless and I can't even contact the cununununts about it.

On the bright side, the WI basketball championships are underway. There aren't many local teams from where I'm at (one from Eau Claire and one from the tippy-top near Superior). However, it means the ABC affiliates pre-empt Grey's Anatomy and the other shit nobody watches.

And I read in the latest SEMA newsletter that a bill going through the state house to make any exhaust modifications illegal was narrowly defeated.

What the hell is going on in Utah? Your state is in danger of becoming the next California.

(And if your lawmakers are anything like ours, they hate tobacco but love the tax monies it brings.)

The problem here is all the "clean living" Mormons. Also, Utah had, until the bill passed, one of the lowest tobacco taxes in the US. We were the poster child for big tobacco.

The dumb thing is that, as I understand it, this bill taxes businesses on their tobacco stock, not the sale. I would not mind paying more for my occasional fine cigar, but it's just stupid to tax a business for keeping many varieties in stock.

I can understand the desire to limit exhaust mods, but the bill was poorly written. In the winter we have some of the worst air quality in the US thanks to being in a valley surrounded by mountains. The EPA is always crawling up our ass about it and completely neglecting the fact that the air quality was for shit before the settlers ever got here. Hell, the natives left this area in the winter and called it "The Valley of the Black Air." I don't have a problem with emission controls, but let me put in a high performance catalytic converter that meets the emissions requirements. My bike has a slip-on exhaust that has no effect on emissions but would have been illegal. I'm not even sure I can get a stock can for my bike anymore, it's 10 years old!

Last edited:
He must be a fun guy. :rolleyes:

Also, I gotta rant about something, from something that popped up on my Facebook page:

"FUN FACT! When ever actors like Tom Cruse come 2 Mass 2 make a movie Mass gives them $1,000,000 from OUR state funds.Mass is cutting funds 4 programs that help teen parents further better there educations cuz funding is tight right now.Someone who makes 4 million dollars 2 star in a 2hour movie is takeing from thousand...s of teen parents who r truggling 2 stay in school &probly make minimum wage... all i can say is WTF"

First of all, quit using numbers instead of words. It's goddamn fucking unreadable. Jesus Christ, how hard is it to type out "to?" :wall:

Second, film crews generate business, revenue and taxes when they come to a location to film for months on end, bringing in tourism dollars as well as helping the local economy. There aren't many movies made in MA in the first place because of the draconian taxes we have here in the state. The Departed? That was mostly filmed in Toronto (it shows up in some scenes) because of the tax breaks the city offered to the production crew. Many states are working to entice film crews to film on location instead of dressing up some backlot to look like the Back Bay. It's not a matter of simply handing Tom "Cruse" [sic] a check for a million dollars because he's soo kewl!, and ripping it away from teen mothers (of which she is one, hence the rant). If you're going to rant about something in the first place, get your facts straight!

I feel like writing the above paragraph on her wall, but she'd just get really cranky about it. And this is why I can't wait to delete my Facebook after I graduate. And also why I hate people.

It's stupid how people will rant over these things. Of course local governments should be doing all they can to ensure the film gets made in their city as they can use it to leverage tourism and other economic benefits and it's a good thing to be able to say Such and Such film starring Tom Cruise was made here. And yeah, she's only bitching because she wont get her handout for being a knocked up teenage slut. The way she writes, I doubt she's particularly intelligent or she'd see about improving her own life through education or getting a job or something. She's just miffed coz she'll miss out on her plasma TV.

In addition to that, let the government spend the money on something fun. Too many people get all up in arms about just how many kilometres of road could be fixed with the money or how many baby incubators could be bought. Screw that, spend it on something fun for once.

People are such misers and whill whinge about anything. I'm reading an article on News.com.au about the 'affordable' new McLaren supercar slated to cost around $250 000. But all the comments refer to how it isn't affordable and that we should only buy Toyotas and Hyundais instead. Go green, save the planet, etc, etc fuck off. Of course it isn't affordable to someone like you, but for the market it's aimed at (ie, people who've done a lot better than you), yeah it is reasonably well priced. These the sort of people who don't realise a car can be more than a vessel to get you from A to B. They're happy with their beige Camrys which they drive the wrong way up on-ramps and indicate left before turning right. They're the sort of people who must suck a lemon every morning coz heaven help you if you're doing something fun in their presence.

There's always something worse that is happening somewhere in the world, right now, at this very instant. "How dare you spend money on something pleasurable! Don't you know 30,000 babies die every second in (insert Third World hellhole here)? Why did you save up for a boat when that money could have gone towards saving the whales or the rainforest?" Well yes, but no matter how much we focus our efforts on chasing down ever societal and human ill, there will always be something else to get up in arms about. It's like flattening a rug only to have it spring up in another corner - it's downright impossible to concern yourself with every single human affair, no matter how dedicated or insane one is. Why live such a life of austerity if you have earned the means to avoid it?

Throw off the shackles of guilt. We need to acknowledge that there are problems that can never be solved, and the ones that are will merely be replaced by more. And that all of our efforts, while noble, are still mere drops in the bucket.

^ Same ep from which 'The googles, they do nothing!' meme came from, amirite? Great episode.

I just saw a cloud that looked exactly like a map of Ireland, but by the time I found my camera it had morphed into a deformed-looking fish. :(

Also, what weird freaking weather we've been having here. It was pouring with rain and cool when I left for class this morning, sunny and warm at lunchtime, and now it's overcast and really humid and sticky. WTF Autumn?!

I got my stupid assignment finished too...by 1:30am. I am sooo tired. TGIF! :mrgreen: I'm not happy with it, but I'm yet to get a resubmit notice for anything I've handed in yet that I've been even less pleased with. So, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I forgot to ask last night but did you go to Devin's gig in Melbourne?

Didn't know about it until afterwards lol :(

EDIT:

Silly islanders, no need to start brawling with the Asians simply because you don't know how to get good drug deals going down.

tisk tisk

Last edited: