Random Thoughts....

*queens day off - I'd keep that quiet if I were you.

May day - stupid holiday but I will take it if offered - too many spring bank holidays May Day, Whitsun and Easter Monday + Good Friday - we need the August bank holiday moved back to where it was. Rant over. ...

LeMans GTR - do you know the pianos on my foot? Cobol74 - You hum it I'll play it. ...

The perils of moving pianos.

Last edited:
Everything seemed better in Vietnam. The weather was warmer (although the humidity was bad at some places), the places were nicer and the food was great depending on where you go. Now it's cold and grey in Melbourne.

That's reality for you.

no, that's autumn for you.

Apparently the meaning of URGENT and BUSINESS CRITICAL means different things to different people. To our support team, it apparently means "Whenever you have nothing else to do, are completely bored and have played all your games on your iPhone, then perhaps think about looking at the problem"

Everything seemed better in Vietnam. The weather was warmer (although the humidity was bad at some places), the places were nicer and the food was great depending on where you go. Now it's cold and grey in Melbourne.

That's reality for you.

Yeah I'm sure that's what the residents in Vietnam think

Apparently the meaning of URGENT and BUSINESS CRITICAL means different things to different people. To our support team, it apparently means "Whenever you have nothing else to do, are completely bored and have played all your games on your iPhone, then perhaps think about looking at the problem"

They've probably been dealing with years of people with pissy little apps and systems claiming that the whole world will grind to a halt. Critical has very different meaning depending who you talk to

Last edited:

They've probably been dealing with years of people with pissy little apps and systems claiming that the whole world will grind to a halt. Critical has very different meaning depending who you talk to

Let the battle commence! :p

Must. Get. All. Seasons. of. House. on. DVD. NOW. RAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!

3 things I learnt in my management lecture today-

1. A pigs orgasm lasts for 20 minutes
2. My lecturer liked Katie Holmes in Dawson's Creek a lot. Enough to... Yeah, I feel sick again now :(
3. Stereotyping is a natural thing. Like liking Katie Holmes apparently.

Won't be forgetting that lecture any time soon...

Must. Get. All. Seasons. of. House. on. DVD. NOW. RAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEE!

I have a few of them. They're totally worth it. If you find them on sale for less than the $40+ normal price.

I have a few of them. They're totally worth it. If you find them on sale for less than the $40+ normal price.

I have season 4 which I bought on a whim. I've been checking Ebay...I've only been able to find 3 of the four seasons I still need for less than 20$. I'd do the bidding, and stuff, and hope and pray I got it for even less, but I'm rubbish at the bidding thing so I just do the buy it now. Also I'm impatient. So I have to have the satisfaction of knowing my order has been placed and on its way rather than go through the agony of competition and likely defeat in a bidding war. >.<

2. My lecturer liked Katie Holmes in Dawson's Creek a lot.
Not liking her in that time is like not liking a cute kitten ...

cute-kitten.jpg

aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww. (and she did have the same sex apeal as a cute kitten too IMO -> zero - not that this has changed much since - the cute has just left the building :D)

But now I?m dying to know what this has to do with managment ...

Last edited:
Ok I'm over majoring in Graphic Design, lost my passion for it. Now I have to figure out what to major in... I love history (not American) but this human sexuality class I'm taking is very interesting to the point where I could see myself majoring in it. Now... the way I see it, you're buying that degree and if I buy something I intend to use it. A BA in history would just land me a teaching gig and not much else (to my knowledge); however, human sexuality (ie. sex educator) could land me a teaching job for sex ed, counseling, freelance jobs, or what have you. Just... no idea what to choose. Can't really mix those two majors. Well you could but that would be very strange :lol:

Help :cry:

That's reality for you.

This is the type of feeling most people get when they visit abroad. Everything seems so novel and wonderful when you visit, but when you live there, the reality completely changes. You start looking at all the negatives (which you normally don't have to deal with much, when on holiday), and you start complaining. I don't mean to pick you out as an individual here, but being dissatisfied is almost human nature. Even when everything is perfect, we will be able to extract some negativity from it.

I wouldn't let it bother me. Reminiscing your travels, you tend to romanticise things.

3 things I learnt in my management lecture today-

1. A pigs orgasm lasts for 20 minutes

I find it quite disturbing that I already knew this fact... to put things into perspective, I live under a rock, and generally don't know much about anything in the world.

On a complete aside, dinner is not sitting well with me, and I feel like puking...

Again it sounds like some of your colleagues would do with a boot print on their arse.

Ok I'm over majoring in Graphic Design, lost my passion for it. Now I have to figure out what to major in... I love history (not American) but this human sexuality class I'm taking is very interesting to the point where I could see myself majoring in it. Now... the way I see it, you're buying that degree and if I buy something I intend to use it. A BA in history would just land me a teaching gig and not much else (to my knowledge); however, human sexuality (ie. sex educator) could land me a teaching job for sex ed, counseling, freelance jobs, or what have you. Just... no idea what to choose. Can't really mix those two majors. Well you could but that would be very strange :lol:

Help :cry:

Do you mean history and sex? Mix perfectly I think, there would be no history without sex and there's probably all sort of interesting things left to study.

Not liking her in that time is like not liking a cute kitten ...

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/04/29/motivator2b7b9328c7a5934472a0ec01d77ca684ad559e6e.jpg