Random Thoughts....

I was just looking at Topgearfanatic's signature....and there appears to be a bull mastiff starring at Mr. Button (I am well aware of the fact that it is not actually a bull mastiff). I should probably go to bed...

https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cl/clockwerk/2010/04/30/pushthebutton_copy.png

bullmastiff-1.jpg

My mum's car has decided to randomly overheat due to problems with its engine temp sensors, problem is, the dealership can't get a replacement sensor in until Monday. So, that's dad's old car (that my brother was using and might actually be fixable if dad is prepared to spend $700AUD on the POS) fucked up, and mum's car fucked up, meaning they both have no transport to get to work or anywhere else really (though dad has taken by brother down to Melbourne today - he needs more band-related stuff), for that matter. Guess who's going to have to do a lot of running around for the next few days?! :wall: Lucky I only have morning classes on Fridays now and can actually pick mum up from work (and give her the bad news about her car).

Also my friend finally decided to break up with a total jerk-ass of a guy she's been seeing. Everyone's been telling her to do this for the past...let's see, FIVE MONTHS. I hate seeing people hurting because they think they're doing something wrong, when they clearly aren't at fault and keep putting up with emotional abuse from a person they keep thinking they can change, when clearly they're a lost cause. Good riddance!

Once again, my sister has bailed on me for babysitting atthe very last minute (literally 1.5 hours before) because she has a "log book" that she has known about for 6 months, is due for a review by the teacher on Monday and she hasn't started yet. And she can't do it tomorrow or Sunday because she wants to go out with friends. Never mind me having 2 major assignments due in the next two weeks and probably no time to do them next weekend (due to dad's birthday and mother's day committments), sure! You go ahead and stay at home doing you cutting and glueing (which I would be happy to let you do whilst there so i had an extra person there just in case), but no! Forget about me and my aspirations and career! The lazy high school girl with no aspirations to get good marks, let alone be there gets to stay home!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god for my netbook, at least I may be able to get a tiny bit of work done whilst there. Only what the textbook can help me with though. GRRRRRR.

4am wakeup for a flight to Sydney on Monday. Just for the day. Ouch!

Been looking for starter guitars off and on for the past few weeks. I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on a beginner but at the same time I don't want a complete shit machine. :hmm:

re: the double down...

That doesn't even look like chicken! The breading looks off to me. Like, not awesome, kinda crispy, and kinda fluffy like a chicken fry should be, but more...radioactive orange? All I know is that it'd probably kill me.

Once I get the external Hardrive back, I can finally upload all 1300 and something pics I took on Cambodia and Vietnam. Anyone interested to see them?

I feel like punching someone's head into a pulp. Our apartment was broken into and we were robbed while none of us was at home today. (Whoever it was, he only took the money, nothing else)

What?!? That makes no sense.

Sorry, it was my interpretation, it was acutally the sample mean that was 98.25 in a population mean of 98.6, and not a single value.

Been looking for starter guitars off and on for the past few weeks. I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount on a beginner but at the same time I don't want a complete shit machine. :hmm:

If you are looking for an acoustic, you should be able to find decent second hand Yamahas on Craigslist for between 125-200. If it's an electric that you are looking for, I'm not very good with the starter advice on those, because they can be sooo hit and miss.

Also, I think nylon strings will run you slightly more than steel strings, but you can always get a steel string restrung with softer.... strings (sigh), so it's easier to play as a beginner.

Good luck :)

I feel like punching someone's head into a pulp. Our apartment was broken into and we were robbed while none of us was at home today. (Whoever it was, he only took the money, nothing else)

Ah shit, that sucks. Hopefully there wasn't much money kept at home, but thankfully nobody got hurt. That sucks man :(

Last edited:
There was, unfortunately.

I know how you feel when that kind of shit happens! Had to sell the Impreza after it was stolen and used in an armed robbery. I got over it but HWFT was never happy in it again and we had to sell it. Hopefully they have a record and were dumb enough to leave prints.

I know how you feel when that kind of shit happens! Had to sell the Impreza after it was stolen and used in an armed robbery. I got over it but HWFT was never happy in it again and we had to sell it.

Yeah, very understandable.

It's a good thing I took my laptop to classes with me today, otherwise that could have gone as well, it would have been in line of sight in its bag.

I know how you feel when that kind of shit happens! Had to sell the Impreza after it was stolen and used in an armed robbery. I got over it but HWFT was never happy in it again and we had to sell it. Hopefully they have a record and were dumb enough to leave prints.

Yeah, the police will be all over the crime scene taking amazing close ups and dusting everything for prints after cash has been gone missing.

Ok, I'm sorry, but what. the. fuck.
mal2.png

(clue- look at the sale price)

For the record, I chose A as I was being smart-alecky and that is technically the closest correct answer (you could argue the answer is infinity/undefined- strictly calculating it would give a negative answer however). The correct answer was B. Going to dispute it with my lecturer (who is really nice and will probably sort it out for me/give me a credit mark elsewhere) as this stuff actually counts towards my grade- very little, admittedly, but it could be the difference between a distinction and a high distinction. That and it (the error) is so stupid it is hilarious.

Ok, I'm sorry, but what. the. fuck.

(clue- look at the sale price)

For the record, I chose A as I was being smart-alecky and that is technically the closest correct answer (you could argue the answer is infinity/undefined- strictly calculating it would give a negative answer however). The correct answer was B. Going to dispute it with my lecturer (who is really nice and will probably sort it out for me/give me a credit mark elsewhere) as this stuff actually counts towards my grade- very little, admittedly, but it could be the difference between a distinction and a high distinction. That and it (the error) is so stupid it is hilarious.

What's your logic behind the A being the closest to the correct answer? I mean, you would make the biggest loss giving the most stuff away under the cost. Although I guess that is irrelevant for the question where there is no answer because you can't break even if you are making a loss.

If you calculate the price you notice there's a typo.

Last edited:
Hehehehe. I got free underwear yesterday. I'll get another free pair today, and tomorrow, sunday, and monday. I love the internet.

Dispute it! Stupid typo. I always try to assume what the prof intendeds, and it sometimes comes to bite me in the ass :lol:. In this case, though, the $10 assumption results in B as the answer :p.

I've had this happen to me SO many times /facepalm.