Random Thoughts....

While out in town today I lost my right contact lens. Trying to get home with only one eye being able to see clearly was a pain (literally), especially when my vision alternated between clear (left eye) and blurry (right eye).

Next time please remind me to bring a spare pair of glasses along.

Right now we have winds from the west at 38mph, gusting to 46mph+. Weather forecast says the rest of the day will be winds 40-50mph. Anyone for a kite?

Right now we have winds from the west at 38mph, gusting to 46mph+. Weather forecast says the rest of the day will be winds 40-50mph. Anyone for a kite?

Same here, riding my bike to class/finals sucks.

Oh coco cocks. I have my first exam tomorrow at 12.30. Business Statistics. I am positively fucked for it :(

A pretzeldog then.

I once ate one of those oversized huge soft pretzels and regretted not ordering one of those.

Auntie Anne's for the win!

In other news, we college grads have a term for this sort of thing - it's called "sodomy."

Media-intern auction winners pay for chance to work for free

Breaking into the media business is tough, with a seemingly endless supply of bright young college graduates vying for unpaid internships at elite publications. Still, there's another route to getting one's foot in the door, if you have money to burn: Win an auction!

Want to "jump-start your career in the blogosphere" by way of the Huffington Post? That'll cost $9,000. How about spending a couple weeks strolling the rarefied halls at Vanity Fair? Try $2,900. Or maybe you'd rather get some face time with Anna Wintour at Vogue? Well, you'll have to dig $42,500 out of the bottom of your Hermes Birkin bag for that one.

Those are a few of the winning bids from a recently closed auction to support the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights.

While dropping $9,000 to work ? for free! ? at the Huffington Post is certainly a lot of money, it's actually down from last year's winning bid of $13,000.

Other winning bids this year: A week at Esquire went for $1,000, while internships at Black Enterprise and Niche Media brought in $550 and $500, respectively.

Perhaps to offset the appearance that only wealthy interns would get inside, each publication also created a slot that doesn't cost anything, according to the RFK Center.

For other media-related auctions, the winners don't have to work at all, instead getting the opportunity to meet cable news personalities, such as Fox News' Bill O'Reilly ($8,000) and MSNBC's "Morning Joe" roster of hosts ($3,250).

However, as usual, the cable star system can't compete with the network queen of daytime talk. The chance to commune with Oprah Winfrey fetched a cool $35,000.

RAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGAAAAAAHGAHAHAAGGGGGG100%HUMIDITY70PLUSDEGREESNOAIRCONDITIONINGORFANMUSTKILLSOMEONE!!!!

Sorry about that...

It got to 90 something million degrees F today with a billion percent of humidity, school smelled like backside and nobody wanted to do anything. I love being in a shop with computers so its air conditioned!

Reason I didn't go to the gym today: No earbuds, and I don't feel like working out with my Beats by Dr. Dre.

Probably should go anyways.

EDIT: Found working earbuds in one of my drawers!!!

Last edited: