Random Thoughts....

I have actually stood at a point, where I had to decide whether to continue with Accounting or Finance and I went with finance because accounting was just so boring yet simple. What kind of book do you use to find even managerial hard?? :eek:

I'm doing accounting because I have a cadetship with one of the Big 4 firms :lol:. That and it's pretty much so my favourite subject at the moment, I really find it engaging and intersting (and yes, quite easy after we go over it in tutes!). And the hard part about the management stuff (textbook is easy, thank god) is the journal articles- specifically searching for them. There are only so many ways you can say "rapid organisational change" :lol:

That's why rewriting exists. First drafts always suck. Anyhow my final paper for college had just short of 7,000 words for what that is worth.

Never done that, doubt I will have the time to this time. Oh well, got a "good" for my "first draft's" structure and content last time, so I guess that's something.

I never really got that whole quantity stuff, I have always written very short and to the point. In school I would generally produce the shortest essays of the class and in some courses get the highest grade for that. Most academic papers are rather short on text these days, why would you teach students to waffle?

Same here (one of my yr 12 assignments was over 60 pages, with half of that pure text), but it's the research and legwork (getting journal articles, reading them, taking notes, etc) that takes up most of my time. I normally knock the wirtig of th essay over in less than a day (and that's taking a lot of breaks, i would say 2 hours solid work)

In a few weeks the wife and I are going to Mackinac Island Michigan, noodling our way North on the Eastern side of Lake Michigan instead of taking the fastest route by Interstate. As most anyone from Michigan or has been through Michigan can tell you, there is crappy Michigan (Flint, Detroit)and everything else. Everything else is is immensely beautiful, scenic and as we discovered, dirt cheap. One night hotel stay at a major hotel near Grand Rapids? $60. Two night stay in Mackinaw City? $130. $130 will get you a Holiday Inn Express room for night in the Chicago area.

Looks to be a lovely time; no rushing to get there, just one state highway (31) to pass through all the maritime towns.

For reference, Mackinac (pronounced mac-ah-naw) Island is a bit like Marthas Vineyard, Outer Banks NC or IIRC the Isle of Wight. NO cars allowed, we plan to explore using bikes or self drawn horse buggy.

Last edited:
Normal service has (finally!) been resumed.

The abridged story: the computer was running slowly so it was taken into a local computer shop. After three bloody fucking weeks of sitting around, they finally got around to diagnosing the problems. After running a clean-up program to remove some infections they put in a larger amount of RAM. Computer fixed, right? Once the PC was hooked up and turned on, the Odor of Death was emitted from the modem. Back to the shops, and one week later the computer was pronounced dead from massive motherboard meltdown. We wouldn't have been as pissed if 1) the computer was fried before spending $130 on fixing it, and 2) a shitton of pictures were lost.

Two weeks after all that, here I am typing on a new Inspiron laptop. I'm surprised I made it a month without a computer and never showed signs of withdrawal. Now I can read up on all the crazy shit that happened in my county today.

I like how the moment a thread gets locked the views just shoot up. We're so curious about troublemakers :)

^congrats!

Well it's a little late now but:

3440777e77a7c828_m.jpg

Not my pic.
Uh... that's just wrong. On MANY levels.

They are SO GOOD though.

Speaking of good I finished my 3rd final just a bit ago... time to relax with a couple good beers and some Mythbusters.

Sis thinks she's being clever by placing a pic of the 10th Doctor as her profile's with the tag line "Don't Hate, Regenerate".

I think my sister is becoming a proper Doctor Who fan now. I'm so proud!

It's weird...70% of all of the receipes it shows me include fluffy/soft eggs...

I got a greek salad w/out eggs, and a pizza thing.

None of the items I got would be something I think a person who resorts to using that website for real would have the skill/time/patience to make.

I know I wouldn't. :p

There were a couple that raised my eyebrows and I bookmarked. There was a spiced roasted chicken that sounded good.

Actually, no. It's just RIGHT on MANY levels.

x2. There's a shopping center around that sells them. Little bit of tomato sauce and Mustard, and its awesome.

Oh coco cocks.

?!

Pfft. Heat? You wanna whine about the heat?! I had my dadgummed air conditioner go out in my car last year...in the summer. It was humid. There were a lot of days over 100 degrees. Every time I had to go anywhere, it was like riding in a rolling armpit.

I have too much hair to really enjoy riding with the windows down, so I left them up most of the time. It was either that or get a mouthful of hair and really, it was so hot and sticky that rolling the windows down didn't seem to make much difference. The stupid beige turd doesn't have a sunroof, either.

My parents finally got it fixed...over about three different trips home.

Three and a half hours away.

While it was in the shop, I was stuck walking everywhere. In Waco. In the summer. That's not pleasant, either. There are some days that you could not only cut the air with a knife, but drizzle chocolate syrup on it and pretend it's a moist slice of chocolate cake.

Dadgummed spoiled kids and your cool weather. Get off my lawn!

- milking this for all it's worth because she doesn't get to have "fifteen miles uphill in the snow" stories down here

Second driving lesson today and I went out onto public roads. FML, it was kinda scary and I wasn't even in the "major" traffic areas. Eeeeep! Still, it was lots of fun... although I should apologise to all the drivers who were behind me when I stalled several times. :|:lol: