Random Thoughts....

Setting up the day for the girl and I's 2-year anniversary.

So far, here's what I've got: Breakfast, coffee, relax.
2PM showing of Blue Man Group at their theater in River North
Afterwards, walk back into downtown.
6PM dinner reservations somewhere not terribly expensive (As BMG tickets are going to end up being $160 for the two of us).

Opinions?

a small (cheap) trinket with lots of meaning

Why are we so reliant on medicine nowadays?

THe flouride makes us do it!

I refuse to take pills for stuff unless it's gotten to the point where it hinders my basic functions such as ingestion of water/food or breathing.

I used to have severe acne as well, but I never took pills for it. A better diet, and cleansing is a much nicer solution.

Having said that, I did get Hepatitis about 13 years ago, and was given some injections and pills for it.

My question was more to do with daily intake of pills for whatever reason.

Also, I don't mean to pick on anyone here, it was a general question, because EVERYONE on my dad's side of the family is like this. Medicine for everything. Whereas my mum's side is completely the opposite. Try a natural remedy or solution and after all options are exhausted, then resort to an pill of some sort.

And pills are easy, and a remedy that might take a few minutes is slow. BTW, did you know Honey eases seasonal allergies??:D

Did you have to send them my way?

They tend to go from west to east so it was a natural thing.

on other note, i extended my role models list.it got weird by no.10 and now 14th and 15th place are a head to head battle between thevictor390 and Kagura from Azumanga Daioh. When i sort that one, I'll stop before it gets any sillier.

Too late! Spectre is on that list so it was already a bit silly.

Okay...my weird random sighting today:

Stopped at Boston Chicken to get something for dinner at work. Headed back down Broad Street (US Rt 40) when I passed a car with what looked like a big ugly dog in the back seat.

As I passed it, I got a better look. It wasn't a dog.

It was a cow. In the back seat. A freaking cow.

I had to slow down to take a second look, and yep, it was a cow.

Just had to share that.

So, am I the only one not turning on the computer and checking for emails for breakfast? Just got to my Spanish class only to find out that I was the only one there. The cancellation notice for today came at 7:30 am this morning...

I fell asleep while watching F1 the other day and had a terrible nightmare about my mom yelling at me from the passenger seat of my car for driving like a bunghole.

Earlier this week, I took a nap after talking to financial aid about my plans to add another class this summer. That spawned another nightmare with my mom...this time, yelling at me for still being in school and spending too much money.

I don't know if I'm gonna last too long into Hitchhiker's Guide before the lack of sleep, lack of caffeine, and all-around actually trying at school-ness knocks me out, but if you hear any screaming from my apartment, I probably had some kind of terrible nightmare about my mom chewing me out for getting my apartment bulldozed (...like a bunghole, because she apparently has the vocabulary of Beavis in my nightmares).

I'm noticing a disturbing pattern here. I usually don't even get (or remember) dreams. Can't I have a good night's sleep, for crap's sake?

Last edited:
Some kids from junior high are coming over to the office today and I will need to speak to them for five minutes about my education, profession and how I ended up working in here and what they could/should do with their lives. Great.

Okay...my weird random sighting today:

Stopped at Boston Chicken to get something for dinner at work. Headed back down Broad Street (US Rt 40) when I passed a car with what looked like a big ugly dog in the back seat.

As I passed it, I got a better look. It wasn't a dog.

It was a cow. In the back seat. A freaking cow.

I had to slow down to take a second look, and yep, it was a cow.

Just had to share that.

You see something that strange and no pics?

THat would be on the internets forevah.

So, am I the only one not turning on the computer and checking for emails for breakfast? Just got to my Spanish class only to find out that I was the only one there. The cancellation notice for today came at 7:30 am this morning...

they do stuff like that at my uni, too... all the time -.-
you get used to checking your mail in the morning at some point, trust me :p

Today I learnt:

I'd forgotten how hard it is to write on a whiteboard without going crooked, hence everyone gets so see your crappy writing in bright red marker.
The tongue is the fastest-healing part of the body (we're doing first-aid in my course atm and we got into a discussion about how good (or not) various parts of the body are at repairing themselves).
A lot of people around my age don't know what Apartheid was.
Vegemite and peanut butter together on bread doesn't taste good despite my brother's assertions. WTF was I thinking! :lmao:
Our fill-in lecturer's laugh could possibly be considered a sonic weapon. :blink:

Last edited:

No, the rest of us that don't turn on the computer and check emails in the morning are unlocking our handhelds and checking emails in the morning.

Not checking email in the morning = soooo 1990s.

Prescription meds that take at least two weeks to have any positive effect but deliver immediate side effects FTL. :barf:

:(

As waking my laptop takes about 5s I generally open, but generally I will have glanced at my emails before I get out of bed anyway.

Well, you guys must be idiots then.

Actually energy drinks and caffeine in general have no effect on me either :lol:

And pills are easy, and a remedy that might take a few minutes is slow.

Prescription meds that take at least two weeks to have any positive effect but deliver immediate side effects FTL. :barf:

:(

Well there goes that theory.

Sorry to hear that MWF, though :(

BTW, did you know Honey eases seasonal allergies??:D

:lol::lol: It had to be done, didn't it?

I am debating whether I should rest early tonight, get up early tomorrow morning and smash out my essay in the one hit or start it now, sleep late than wake up late tomorrow.