Random Thoughts....

I wonder if it's coincidence that "Hadouken" sounds like "hurricane" in Engrish.

I got the scare of my life on my way to work today.

Coming up to the High-Level/Homestead Grays Bridge (Homestead, Pittsburgh, PA, USA), Browns Hill Road makes a fairly steep descent. There are three traffic lights leading up to the bridge, which I hate because at least one of them is always RED. Because of the steep gradient, you have to brake with a fair amount of effort to get the car to stop, especially if you have a crummy car like mine. On top of all this, Browns Hill Road is starting to fall apart (thank you PennDOT), so there are bumps and holes everywhere.

So I'm coming to one of the lights, which changes on me too early for me to try and run it. I'm braking pretty hard to get the car to stop, at which point I hit a small bump in the road. Of course, this pissed off the ABS. Normally, when the ABS fires, it's a pretty muffled *thump*, accompanied, at least on my car, by a somewhat quiet rattling like what pipes sometimes do in apartments or old houses when there's air trapped in them. Basically, it makes a fair amount of noise, but it's nothing to be worried about.

This time, however, for reasons I don't really understand, when the ABS went off there was this deafening BANG from under the hood. I swear I thought the engine exploded. I expected to look down and see the dashboard light up like Apollo 13. There wasn't anywhere for me to pull off, so I continued driving normally, but kept and eye on the instruments and the mirrors for anything out of the ordinary (warning lights, clouds of smoke/steam, river of engine fluids, etc.).

Everything continued to work perfectly and I got all the way to work without any further scares. Before leaving work to return home, I peeked under the hood and the car to make sure nothing was leaking or broken. As far as I can tell, the car is fine. Still, the bang it made was so loud and horrific I honestly though the engine blew up.

I'm looking at the most important metric of a person's worth on the forums here (post count of course) and it looks like BlaRo and Blind_Io are neck in neck for second. I hope to God they don't have opposite opinions on anything, my world would be torn apart. :shock:

I'm looking at the most important metric of a person's worth on the forums here (post count of course) and it looks like BlaRo and Blind_Io are neck in neck for second. I hope to God they don't have opposite opinions on anything, my world would be torn apart. :shock:

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait..... since when is a persons' worth here based on post count and not on the number of Slinkys they have?

I used to have a really cool (well, I though it was really cool when I had it as a kid) really long metal one that used to make it all the way down the staircase at a friend's house. As all slinkys inevitably seem to do it eventually got all tangled and no-one could undo it. Mum eventually threw it away. I now has no slinkys. :-(

I used to have a really cool (well, I though it was really cool when I had it as a kid) really long metal one that used to make it all the way down the staircase at a friend's house. As all slinkys inevitably seem to do it eventually got all tangled and no-one could undo it. Mum eventually threw it away. I now has no slinkys. :-(

I'm sitting right at about 36 or 37 right now, spanning from original early 1940's right up to one made within the last year.

Still a bunch to go. :lol:

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2010/05/20/slinky.jpg

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait..... since when is a persons' worth here based on post count and not on the number of Slinkys they have?

To a lesser degree. Who would you rather trust Viper or me? :p

I'm sitting right at about 36 or 37 right now, spanning from original early 1940's right up to one made within the last year.

Still a bunch to go. :lol:

Considering your massive collection of stuff as it stands now; someone is going to have one hell of an estate sale when you die of old age.

Last edited:
Nabster man, I'm sorry but you may be just a teeny tiny touch odd. I love a slinky as much as the next person, but the one on my desk is sufficient. It also refuses to walk down my stairs alone OR in pairs.

Nabster man, I'm sorry but you may be just a teeny tiny touch odd. I love a slinky as much as the next person, but the one on my desk is sufficient. It also refuses to walk down my stairs alone OR in pairs.

Clearly you need to become one with the Slinky. I would assume yours at least makes a slinkity sound.

Clearly you need to become one with the Slinky. I would assume yours at least makes a slinkity sound.

I choose to interpret that in a sexual way. :wicked:

Speaking of collections, I have a ton of model cars, but I boxed them all up a long time ago and I'm not sure what to do with them. Is it more then a little childish to have a ton of model cars?

I'm holding out for the slinky that can walk up stairs.

Speaking of collections, I have a ton of model cars, but I boxed them all up a long time ago and I'm not sure what to do with them. Is it more then a little childish to have a ton of model cars?

Claim you are nostalgic and remember however far you think you have fallen there are always anime nerds.

//Ducks.

My brother still has his, but they're not proper 'models'. They're just crappy toy ones and mostly broken anyway.

I still have four of my tamagotchis (I had six at once point, but one was lost somewhere and one went through the washing machine in a jacket pocket - oops!), now that was a craze my parents hated! :lol: They still work AFAIK, they just don't have batteries in them. I'd consider them a 'collection' I guess, a very small one!

It's amazing how many people will happily deface any image of Jesus Christ but cower in abject fear when anyone suggests even drawing Mohammad. Maybe if JC had authorized the use of force against infidels, more people would respect him.

It's not amazing. Christians make fun of JC themselves. Muslims don't make fun of Muhammad. There is a big difference. It sends a signals to those outside of said faith that some things are taboo. It's a matter of respecting that.

Also, the use of force is not warranted in Islam, unless you are defending yourself or your people (that is literally what Jihad means, by the way). Those who have used force in Islamic history, have done it either to defend themselves, or for political purposes.

Anyways, this is a discussion for elsewhere.

Take pictures and if there are any nice 1/18s I'll buy em from you and pay shipping!

He should swing by the Jules Verne underwater hotel. It is in key largo iirc. I stayed at that compound for a trip senior year of HS though we couldn't enter the underwater hotel as it was full. We did get to dive around it.

Edit. Here it is

http://www.jul.com/frontpage.html

Last edited: