Random Thoughts....

I had a friend who raised a pig while we were in high school, his name was Napoleon...he was delicious.

^ :lol: Now that's the way to do it. Not the stupid British government (or someone - just blame the government) who tried to prosecute the headteacher of the school which taught the kids about where your food comes from by keeping a school sheep, then explaining the slaughthouse stuff to the kids, who were perfectly happy about this and knew the sheep had to die at some point.

^ :lol: Now that's the way to do it. Not the stupid British government (or someone - just blame the government) who tried to prosecute the headteacher of the school which taught the kids about where your food comes from by keeping a school sheep, then explaining the slaughthouse stuff to the kids, who were perfectly happy about this and knew the sheep had to die at some point.

The British government strikes again. They are so utterly stupid.

Random thought: As much as i love Rappers delight, I hate the genre it produced.

I'm just 25 days away from it being 1 years since I joined FG. I was hoping I could get 1000 posts before that date, but I'm beginning to doubt it.

Anyways, I'm beginning to like this formspring thing. The questions can be hilarious.

My day was like the upcoming 2011 Jetta: forgettable with no high or lows. If my day was a color, it was beige. When the wife came home, she asked how my day was and I told her "like a 2011 Jetta."

My day was like the upcoming 2011 Jetta: forgettable with no high or lows. If my day was a color, it was beige. When the wife came home, she asked how my day was and I told her "like a 2011 Jetta."

Did she roll her eyes? Or is she used to it by now?

Oh, I got the eye roll. It's eye roll, a little shake of the head and her saying "anyhow..."

I hate the fact that when I have only afternoon classes on Fridays I have a great opportunity to sleep in, but I just can't. I'm too used to getting up at 6:45am - ish Monday - Thursday. :-(
We're meant to be getting a fair hunk of coursework back and also the results of last week's assessments too. Seeing as I really felt like I screwed up half of one assessment task I hope I still passed! :fingers crossed:

Met with my mentor and we sat and discussed my program and the results.

Then afterwards he said that he had some funds to take 2 students to Chile for an observing run and that I'm one of them.

*breathes in*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Enjoy your stay in Latin America. Eat Latin American food,travel in group as often as possible, visit the Bio-Bio ;).

Met with my mentor and we sat and discussed my program and the results.

Then afterwards he said that he had some funds to take 2 students to Chile for an observing run and that I'm one of them.

*breathes in*

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

NO WAY, that's awesome!!

Do you know exactly where you're going?

Congratulations! Hope you have fun.

Thank you sir! We're going to be observing on the 18th and 19th of July. Arriving probably on the 16th. I will probably try to extend that stay for a bit longer... heh heh.

Enjoy your stay in Latin America. Eat Latin American food,travel in group as often as possible, visit the Bio-Bio ;).

Wooo, hell yeah man. There are 2 other people going so I'm wondering what the schedule is for them and if they wanna group up and travel together.

NO WAY, that's awesome!!

Do you know exactly where you're going?

Yes! We're going to observe at the Magellan telescope: http://obs.carnegiescience.edu/Magellan/

And then after the nights of observation I have no clue where I'm going. Hopefully I can stay for a few more days and travel around... YEYUH.

I'm guessing by the nature of his profession he is going someplace dark...:p

Correct, I'm going inside Eeyore's bottom.

I really want Book of Eli to be better... seriously Denzel and Oldman plus Kunis should be great... It really makes me wonder. I assume actors can tell a good script from a bad script and it's not like Denzel and Oldman are bad actors so how do we get from what is probably a not shitty script to a pretty crappy movie. Director maybe?

If you're complaining about actors and scripts with respect to BoE (granted it wasn't that great), you need to only look towards Wolfman as being a sterling example of utter shite. These guys didn't even bother... with anything...