Random Thoughts....

My recent trip to Quebec has made me wonder, how much fuel does a coach bus carry? We went from Toronto to Riviere-du-Loup, and then from Quebec City back to Toronto, each on a single tank of gasoline. Unless the drivers refuel secretly during the washroom breaks.

I'vehadenoughofbeingsickAAARHHG!!11 :wall: I'm not used to it, I usually get like one minor cold a year, this year so far I've had two bad colds and now this stomach bug thing I can't seem to get rid of. Fuck.

I've only got one week of classes to survive before two weeks of holidays. I....must....make....it!

Yes, but the vinyl isn't in 5.1 surround. I've seen a lot of people saying DSOTM is one of the best SACDs out there now, I'd have to agree, even on my not so fantastic surround system.
They got the unique chance with DSOTM to simply upmix a Quadrophonic recording to 5.1. Floyd even played gigs in Quadrophonic sound, i'd have loved to attend one.

My recent trip to Quebec has made me wonder, how much fuel does a coach bus carry? We went from Toronto to Riviere-du-Loup, and then from Quebec City back to Toronto, each on a single tank of gasoline. Unless the drivers refuel secretly during the washroom breaks.

Our coaches have 2 tanks, and carry about 800L. And yes, sometimes they do refuel while you are off eating, or on a tour or something.

Our coaches have 2 tanks, and carry about 800L. And yes, sometimes they do refuel while you are off eating, or on a tour or something.

Yeah, but these breaks were never more than 15 minutes long, and were all in the middle of nowhere, with the nearest fuel station at least 50 km away. Mind you, 800L is a hell of a lot.

Within the next few days, it kept crashing and then last night, apparently the hardware dissapeared. Oh well, at least I only get to lose one GP, one Fifth Gear and one Doctor Who episode. And about 900 images on there (fortunately, they're still on the cameras/external HD).

Yeah, I see why there is an achilles heel to Macs.

Aye, I do like Macs for their quick handling of Ableton and Photoshop, but sadly, I've not ever met a Mac that's withstood McLarensmps' usage for more than 25 minutes without failing. That's without me even trying to break it :(. Maybe I've just had bad luck...

The notorious personal reliability record I've had with them has weened me off purchasing an MBPro.

When I first got my car, I reviewed the manual to find out what fuel is best. It recommends 91 octane and higher. I've never seen higher then 91 before, so I'm kinda curious how it would perform with an even octane fuel.

Really? 93 is the standard premium fuel around here. My car also recommends 91 but I'd never seen it until a few months ago when I took this picture.

0109101904-00.jpg

Usually I see 93, 89, and 87. I'd been using 89 for years and years (that's what the guy who sold us the car said to use) but noticed a huge difference in how the engine ran after just one tank of that 91 stuff so I've stuck with either that or 93 when I can't get out to that station.

Last edited:
Wow, I've never seen that before. Of course, all my previous cars took regular 87, so maybe I just never noticed.

Really? 93 is the standard premium fuel around here. My car also recommends 91 but I'd never seen it until a few months ago when I took this picture.

Usually I see 93, 89, and 87. I'd been using 89 for years and years (that's what the guy who sold us the car said to use) but noticed a huge difference in how the engine ran after just one tank of that 91 stuff so I've stuck with either that or 93 when I can't get out to that station.

Wow, I've never seen that before. Of course, all my previous cars took regular 87, so maybe I just never noticed.

Elevation. Here, the highest octane you can get is 91 [partial lie, the airport has 104 race gas] because of the elevation (less air means higher octane fuel is unnecessary). Your 93 at low elevations is basically the same as 91 here. You usually won't see a manual that says to only use 93 octane either because in some places it just doesn't exist.

oh man I woke up this morning still drunk and have since sobered up and now I feel positively rubbish. Three hours of work to go...

See? This is what happens when you throw things.

:sad: from doing what in a what zone?

It's only been twenty minutes and I already hate this old computer. Out of all the computer in the house, this one still works, almost.

How long would it take to replace a broken one? (We got this one from NSW via the internet)
I'm going to go mad without it. And I fear I may have an internet addiction.

Booked for 100 in a two lane 80 zone.

Nice. (Well probably not for you)

Anyway, I can't stand this computer and I think I do need to get away from the interweb for a while (especially all the haters at the moment). I'll probably come back once my mac gets fixed or replaced with (which I don't know). Hopefully around the start of TG, but I doubt it. Until then, keep calm and carry on.

I would of thought 20km/h over the speed limit in NSW for a P plater would of lost your license

Only 4 points, pretty sure you have 6 7 (checked the RTA site) on your green P's. Decent fine (at least $197 from what I can see) though.

I'm hugely pedantic to ensure I don't speed, as my learner rider licence is in jeopardy if I get pulled over for anything.

Last edited: