Random Thoughts....

I'm putting it down to traffic, and being so far away from the damn servers.
It keeps pausing too. I have 1.4% of the file, and 66 hours to go at this rate. :(

Mine is saying 1 day 1 hour, but it keeps connecting to more peers (and less seeders) who are just killing my speeds. I'm that close to going out and buying a wireless broadband dongle to get semi-decent speeds it isn't funny (but I can't afford it if I want a new car by next November unfortunately :() Traffic and such isn't helping too, but I think my crap internet is the main culprit.

EDIT: I'm downloading the SD. Would like the HD rip but as stated, I don't have the speed or download space to make it a reasonable choice. Especially considering my sister now downloads a shitload of Glee from iTunes (which she thinks doesn't count towards our downloads.... :idiot:)

Last edited:
Are you downloading the SD or the HD?
SD via FTP

Mine is saying 1 day 1 hour, but it keeps connecting to more peers (and less seeders) who are just killing my speeds. I'm that close to going out and buying a wireless broadband dongle to get semi-decent speeds it isn't funny (but I can't afford it if I want a new car by next November unfortunately :() Traffic and such isn't helping too, but I think my crap internet is the main culprit.
I have internode broadband, and they're usually very good, though I was having the same issues getting older eps of TG awhile ago. They were taking over 24 hours.

I'm just over half of my usage quota, but I can get extra blocks added on for $5, so I haven't been shaped yet.

I donwloaded the SD from hotfile, took 2 hours
Now I'm getting the HD, and I'll be able to see it... the next spring

I ventured into the new Top Gear episode discussion thread...and one page in went straight back out again.

Not because I didn't want spoilers (I made sure to steer clear of FG until I'd finished watching the new episode) but just because some people are douchewaffles. I'm just happy that Top Gear is back and all is well with our boys. :)

I have internode broadband, and they're usually very good, though I was having the same issues getting older eps of TG awhile ago. They were taking over 24 hours.

I'm just over half of my usage quota, but I can get extra blocks added on for $5, so I haven't been shaped yet.

I'm on Telstra, one of their Liberty 12GB a month plans. I don't know how we can go over 12 GB on our speeds, but I've done it in 2 weeks before. Then we go down to 7 KB/s max.

I would look seriously into other ISP's/a better option but I think our infrastructure for internet around here is so crap we shouldn't even be able to get broadband, my parents don't want to swtich and the internet is connected to my mum's business so we can't change easily to begin with :(

EDIT: I am leaving my download til tongiht- I'll let it run overnight so my browsing doesn't die and I keep double-posting accidentally :lol:
(Holy moly, my HDD recorder is making an awful sound at the moment! I'm copying last nights SBK race to a DVD, think the DVD drive is the cuplrit. And my cat's scared of it :lol:)

Last edited:
Torrents never worked for me, only on a few rare occassions can I get more than 60 KB/s (my connect is good for 1 MB/s). Luckily people are good at getting it on HTTP hosters, should have it within the hour (720p).

Torrents are normally no slower for me than a normal FTP/HTTP download. Series premiere is obviously just a bit screwy and getting quite a few hit & runs (hypocrtical of me to get annoyed for that! :lol:)

My mouse has started submitting double clicks when I only click once. Not cool mouse! NOT COOL!

So there was a crazy fire here today. It's a fairly small city so crazy stuff like this is a rarity. I went to go look with a friend of mine, but there were too many tall trees and we couldn't see it properly. We could make out the flames through the trees but nothing satisfactory.

Link

If it's a Logitech mouse, they'll send you a new one if it's still in warranty. Standard warranty is two years.

It is, and it is but I no longer have a receipt. Is that coded in the serial number or anything?

After getting 4.5% of the file, my connection died, and I've had to start all over again. Not happy with the internets right now.

DAMN it's cold here!! 30 minutes and I'm heading to bed for a nanna nap to warm up.

DAMN it's cold here!! 30 minutes and I'm heading to bed for a nanna nap to warm up.
DAMN it's hot here!! When I came home last night the outside temp. was 25c, when I got up in my apartment it was ALOT warmer. Fuck you skylights.