Random Thoughts....

At last, we have summer! (And I'm stuck at work) 9:30am and 25?C already. Archery this afternoon will be fun... :cool:

i'll go for a ride on my bike... i'm curious to know how far i get before the heat kills me :p
i'm not really a fan of temperatures far above 20?C... so i'm basically sitting inside all day, shutters down, trying to stay cool... it doesn't work :|

Headache....tis quite a nuisance.

Last edited:
Is there any cheap way of constructing a cooling aperature for your flat using only cold water from the tab? I don?t have to pay extra for water in my appartement, so I can use as much as I like of it ... the cold water is pretty cold ... and in Winter, hot water heats my flat ... so why not use cold water to cool it?
Without getting my appartement wet of course :rolleyes:

It would be nice if Lotus Notes webmail access to cause opera to crash on my mac when I'm trying to check my work email

Guys, maybe one of you knows if it's possible to change oil in the Alero by yourself? If so, maybe someone knows how exactly?
(I'm asking because this car has some tinkering protection or something.. we don't want to screw it up :p )

After getting 4.5% of the file, my connection died, and I've had to start all over again. Not happy with the internets right now.
You should switch to an FTP client that supports reget.

That being said, get_iplayer downloaded the episode in next to no time directely from our overlords at the BBC.

Guys, maybe one of you knows if it's possible to change oil in the Alero by yourself? If so, maybe someone knows how exactly?

http://www.ehow.com/how_4507288_change-oil-oldsmobile-alerochange-oil-oldsmobile-alero.html

Is there any cheap way of constructing a cooling aperature for your flat using only cold water from the tab? I don?t have to pay extra for water in my appartement, so I can use as much as I like of it ... the cold water is pretty cold ... and in Winter, hot water heats my flat ... so why not use cold water to cool it?

freeze water, put it in front of fan, air rolls over ice and into the room. Or a kiddie paddling pool. :grin:

Or an evaporative air conditioner.

A uni colleague of mine used to turn on the shower the whole day to cool his room...

I don't really know... he was nuts anyway. ;)
:hmm: I think I might actually try that tomorrow and bring a thermometer along for propper measurement ...

ashspet said:
freeze water, put it in front of fan, air rolls over ice and into the room.[...]
... unlike water, electricity does not come for free (for me) and for the energy I?d to freeze whole blocks of water, I think I could get an Portable AC for ...

You have a freezer that's on anyway?? An ice cube tray? Doesn't have to be huge blocks....

You have a freezer that's on anyway?[...]
Your freezer having to work to get some things temperature down and your freezer in idle just keeping stuff at a certain temperature makes a huge difference in energy consumption. Also generally a fridge is basically a Heat exchanger ... to cool down stuff inside, heat is generated outside. To freeze more stuff than it?s already doing, my fridge would have to generate more heat in my kitchen first.

You should switch to an FTP client that supports reget.

That being said, get_iplayer downloaded the episode in next to no time directely from our overlords at the BBC.
I'm currently using FileZilla. First time I've ever used such a program.
My ex suggests using BitTorrent?

26.3% downloaded @6.6K/sec. Still 17 hours to go apparently. I'll leave it on overnight, and hope it's done by the time I get up.

I'm currently using FileZilla. First time I've ever used such a program.
My ex suggests using BitTorrent?

26.3% downloaded @6.6K/sec. Still 17 hours to go apparently. I'll leave it on overnight, and hope it's done by the time I get up.

FileZilla should be able to pick up a partial download as long as you don't delete the file before restarting.

BitTorren won't help you as the FTPs in our FTP threads, in my experience, can deliver more speed than you get, so the bottleneck is not at the source, but closer to your end.

OH. MY. GOD.

I was walking through town, and was heading into a shopping centre, when this guy fell into step with me.
He turned around and asked me "Excuse me? Have I met you before?"
Me - "Emm...."
Him - "In Ennis, about a week ago?"
Me - "No, sorry that wasn't me"
Him - "Oh.."
*He then walks on a bit, and I think that's it, then he turned around again*
Him - "Are you from here? Do you live here?"
Me - "Eh, yeah. I live here"
Him - "Oh, I'm from North Africa, Morocco (I think, I wasn't really listening to him)"
Me - "Oh. That's nice"
*We are then near the supermarket, and I think he is going in there*
Him - "Are you doing shopping?" *motions at the supermarket*
Me- "No, I'm going upstairs actually"
Him - "Oh, okay, can I stay and talk to you?" *goes with me up the escalator* :blink:
Me - (Thinking "WHAT THE FUCK?!!") "Ehh...."
Him - "Do you study here?"
Me - Yeah, I'm a student"
Him - "Secondary school?"
Me - "N-no, college"
Him - *Starts babbling incoherently about languages or something*
Me - *Pretty freaked out at this point* Eh, I have to go to the toilet now.
Him - "Oh, ok. I wait here" (I was surprised he didn't follow me in)

When I came out, he was indeed sitting there, waiting for me. I told him that my friend rang me and I have to go. On the way to the escalator, this happened...

Him - "Can I have your number?"
Me - "What?"
Him - "Can I have your phone number?"
Me - "..No!"
Him - *Pretty surprised* "Why not? I like you?" *Don't see why, I was purposefuly being a bitch*
Me - "Eh, because I don't know you, and I don't go round giving my number to strangers"
Him - "But this is our 1st time, our first meet! I like you!"
Me - "Look, I don't know you, I just met you. I am not going to give you my number"

I then go down the escalator, and he stays at the top looking very confused.

I told Mum when I got home, and she started freaking the fuck out, rang the Garda? and everything. The Garda said that it did sound pretty weird, but he didn't technically break any laws, but that they would keep an eye out, and if there are any more reports (Mum and I are terrified that he's going to go after some young, naive student :() they will get in contact.

The main thing that disturbs me about this is, he initally thought I was a Secondary School student (ie. aged between 12 and 17), and he was in his mid-late 20s.

Jesus Christ.

Oh yeah. And it turns out I have a swollen nerve from the extraction, and to give it another 4 weeks.

Oh I am so sorry that happened to you.

He was probably keen to a) Get jiggy with it, or b) Get married and get himself a Euro Passport of course.

Some foreigners have completely the wrong idea about Europe and are just a little naive thinking everyone is very friendly upon striking up a conversation, so may be this bloke was like that.

Damn, Buffy, that kinda is a scary story. Not so bad up to the supermarket part, but scary after that. Glad you're okay. Hopefully he was just a naive newbie to the country.