Random Thoughts....

good luck. We're all counting on you

http://img357.imageshack.**/img357/6706/airplane3nb3.jpg

:p

Why do people think that Kenneth Branagh is a good actor? He smiles too much and he chews scenery like a scenery-chewing machine.

My shoulder is acting up, must have made a wrong move and its sorta stuck now, I am much to fucking young for feeling this damn old all the time..........

On a similar note, I'm suffering from some nerve damage in my lower back. I get the X-rays back tomorrow but I'm pretty certain it's inflammed nerves rather than any structural damage. Hurts like a bitch though I expect it'll clear up.

:p
snw0m.jpg

Here's a random thought: I haven't posted on this forum in about four years, and now I'm back! Whoa.

Today I voluntarily rode my bike 18 km, along with my mother-in-law, we went to a piece of land her brother owns and has strawberries on, omnomnomnom.

<-- with a bowl full of strawberries in the fridge :D

Germany vs Spain match today! I feel I should be wearing my Germany shirt but it's too hot for that.

off to my programming test, wish me luck everyone!

Good luck!

Why do people think that Kenneth Branagh is a good actor? He smiles too much and he chews scenery like a scenery-chewing machine.

Well let's hope he's a better director than actor then. Thor better be brilliant or I will be a unhappy fangirl.

Here's a random thought: I haven't posted on this forum in about four years, and now I'm back! Whoa.

Welcome back?

Today I voluntarily rode my bike 18 km, along with my mother-in-law, we went to a piece of land her brother owns and has strawberries on, omnomnomnom.

<-- with a bowl full of strawberries in the fridge :D

Cold strawberries would be perfect right now.

Last edited:
Yesterday I visited my local pool again and noticed the other weird rules (in addition to no smoking, no drinking, no thongs):
- No underwear showing - huh? Bathing suits and underwear is more than often very similar.
- No snorkles - ermm...why?
- Swimming goggles are okay, but full face masks are not - again...why not?
- No floatation devices or play balls - seriously?
- No diving - that makes sense since the pool is just 5ft deep, but I got yelled at for swimming underwater at the bottom of the pool.

And it's not an old people's pool - there are plenty of kids in it, jumping and fighting each other.

The only one I can explain is the no flotation devices... At our pools where I work we only allow flotation devices into the pool if they are US Coast Guard approved (I'd say 80% of what people buy isn't). A bit silly, yes, but it prevents ignorant parents from buying cheap inflatable crap from China (they assume it's full of air and therefore very safe) that can actually be dangerous to children (toxic chemicals, strangulation, poor build quality, not properly designed, etc.). That means no pool loungers, no water wings, most innertubes aren't allowed.

What it sounds like to me, is this place and these rules are all in place because of a previous serious accident. Do they have lifeguards on duty? Doesn't sound like they do, but if someone yelled at you for swimming underwater, perhaps they do. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they got in major trouble in the past over something stupid someones kid did, they sued and the pool operator took a fairly large hit.

Now, you want to annoy them (assuming this is a public pool, not as private residential pool), ask when they last time they tested the water was (it should be no more than several hours ago- a quick check on WV code shows more fewer then two tests daily). What was the chlorine level at, the TDS count, alkalinity, etc. Ask if they're VGB Safety Act compliant. They should probably also have a public pool license displayed or available when asked.

EDIT: WV Laws concerning recreational pools here: http://apps.sos.wv.gov/csrdocs/pdfdocs/64-16.pdf

Last edited:

My shoulder is acting up, but it's probably still more convincing than Kenneth Branagh.

Fixed that for Paperbiro. Can't help Cowboy sorry, except nominate the shoulder for an Oscar.

The only one I can explain is the no flotation devices... At our pools where I work we only allow flotation devices into the pool if they are US Coast Guard approved (I'd say 80% of what people buy isn't). A bit silly, yes, but it prevents ignorant parents from buying cheap inflatable crap from China (they assume it's full of air and therefore very safe) that can actually be dangerous to children (toxic chemicals, strangulation, poor build quality, not properly designed, etc.). That means no pool loungers, no water wings, most innertubes aren't allowed.

What it sounds like to me, is this place and these rules are all in place because of a previous serious accident. Do they have lifeguards on duty? Doesn't sound like they do, but if someone yelled at you for swimming underwater, perhaps they do. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they got in major trouble in the past over something stupid someones kid did, they sued and the pool operator took a fairly large hit.

The pool is about 1.5x the size of an olympic pool and they have four rotating lifeguards at all times! The stuff about the inflation devices is retarded - when I was growing up all of my swimming...erm...equipment (for lack of a better word) was made in China. Yeah, it sometimes failed, but that failure was that it started to slowly leak air. It's not like they burst out in flames and kill children. It's just an innertube, it can't kill you.

And despite all these rules, you still have little kids fighting, wrestling and pulling each other underwater. An accident is just waiting to happen.

lolwut. I thought my class wasn't 'til 1, and it turned out to be the 11:30 class that was still on for today. The cancelled one is at 1.

I had dropped by to bother the prof anyway at 11:30, then was like--CRAP! he's in MY class--and went upstairs.

Flaky coco is flaky...but lucky! :)

I passed, save for a few things the program ran beautifully, hope to get at least a 85-95%

Hey hello what's up, who are you?

I take it that the USCG does not approve any pool loungers.

Last edited: