Random Thoughts....

Remember a few weeks ago, when I said I was planning on going away on holiday to Killarney with my brother?

Well, that plan seems to have fallen on its arse. My bro left it way too late to find out when he could get the time off. First it was the start of September, he had to see if he could get the day before off. Next it was the end of August. He had to see if he could get the Saturday inbetween off. The hotel is now booked out. :(

Now I have found another hotel, also in Killarney. Has all the amenities we wanted (pool, gym, near the town, walks, etc), it's available, and it's got a good price on it. I rang him up quickly to check it out and hopefully book it.

Bro - "Alright so. I'll take a look at it, and ring you back some tomorrow, or maybe later tonight and we'll sort it out. Ok?"
Me - <_< "...Grand"
Bro - "Alright, talk to you later" *click*
Mum - "It's going to be booked out."
Me - "Yup" :mad:

Currently holding down a chair in the Levit Outpatient MRI Center. She liked the Hello Kitty jacket.

Aww, my blog seems to be gone now. I guess the puffalump deer was too much?

Nargh, I took my sisters 1970s Raleigh Shopper bike appart to replace the tyres and now in the process have broken the rear breaks and gears, God dammit... :wall:
(And when I lifted the back wheel off the ground it fell off...)

Needless to say I don't think I'll be allowed near it again! :lol:

This might sound weird, but for the love of god, if you EVER see Mark Watson live in the near future, PLEASE shout 'Bacon!' at him just after he's come on. Either that or 'Advert!'. If Advert, wait for a 'Nooo!', if Bacon, ask him for ?3.

Clearly this calls for some Iron Maiden.

My Iron Maiden story. In 1985, my older brother took me to see them in Madison Wisconsin on the Somewhere on Tour tour, and since then I was hooked. Did you know they opened the set with the main theme from Bladerunner, with neon lights from the album cover flashing behind a curtain? It was truly awesome. The concert I saw, they opened with "The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner."

Fast forward a few years later, and my mother, who listened to my music before I was able to, was unsure if I should own the album "Number Of The Beast" because of the rumored satanic theme. So my 13 year old self had to explain the song, and after that it was cool. She is very religious (though, like me, not scary evangelical) and cautious, but open minded when convinced. She also only listen to Baroque classical music, with one exception. Iron Maiden. Whenever she visits, or is in the car with me, she asked to listen them. How many 74 year old church ladies do you hear of being into Iron Maiden? UP THE IRONS!!

You do realize it could very well have been a tame/pet dove right?

Doves and ducks, whether tame or wild, will not struggle when held. Being that it is white, and the only doves to be found in your area are either Mourning Doves or Pigeons (yes, Pigeons are doves, aka the Rock Dove) it would have been released. It can fend for itself in "the wild".

I like Ornithology. Can you tell?

Hey, my mom is 'appropriating' a copy of my Metallica and Megadeth collection later today, because she liked it. Go figure.

I always thought of Black Sabbath as music for stoners - never owned an album, but I enjoy most of their first four albums. I also like Cathedral, which is heavily influenced by early Black Sabbath. For anyone who likes Grindcore, get The Etheral Mirror. Great album.

How did you go?

... Yeah. Went well in two exams (micro-economics and accounting- got HDs in both of those), but I have been lazy and procrastinating all this semester and it has kicked me in the but for my exams. My 82 average in IRHR (intro to organisational behaviour) went down to 65, which means I actually failed the exam, and my 79 average in intro to business law went down to 70. Both C's, but I know I can do much better. At least I passed, but it's a really big kick in the pants for me to smarten up and stop being lazy, because sure as hell I won't have the luxury next year :(

Like I said, at least I passed, but I do feel like I could have done a lot better in those two (and to an extent the others). Feeling pretty annoyed and upset with myself, and not exactly looking forward to telling my parents (although they won't be angry and disappointed or anything).

(In a minor concession for myself, knew the exam I failed wouldn't go well, 5 essays in 2.5 hours on 5 different topics with no guidance as to what to study in each topic. Know I got 0 out of 10 on at least one question because I did the wrong type of theory :()

Last edited:
Balls its hot today. What makes it worse is that I got up earlier so I have to withstand the heat for longer than I did yesterday. And I actually had to go places, in the car of DOOM. I'd take almost take the dead-animal-smelling Camaro or the Cadillac (which is the size of a boat and I can't park it because its so freaking big) over Sunny right now.

Heh, whenever my mom hears me listening to power metal she goes, "hmm, I like that." She's a big Bon Jovi fan so I guess it's not so different... except for power metal utilizing testicle crushingly tight leather pants to let the singers achieve those super high notes and whatnot. She kind of goes "wtf is this i don't even... *walks away*" to most of the garbage* I listen to though :lol:

*and you listen to garbage too. lolsubjectiveness

For the past week I've had to drive 70 miles to work on 2 lane roads and I have to say, I'm really enjoying having that commute.