Random Thoughts....

Back from my work filled vacation to Park City. It was a great 8 days out west where the temperatures were wayyyyyy more comfortable. Hiked in the Wasatch and Uinta mountains, mountain biked trails around Park City and did some downhill at Deer Valley, and fly-fished a bit.

It's probably the only thing to do now that the sun won't reappear until November or something. How's that working out for you guys, anyway?

:D

You got it backwards! We get plenty of sun during the summer, which is nice for parties and festivals!

edit. I have the sunburn to prove it!!

Last edited:
I'm probably going to end up falling asleep around 6am since someone thought it was a great idea to ask me a question, while I was sleeping, at 10:30 at night.

I'm probably going to end up falling asleep around 6am since someone thought it was a great idea to ask me a question, while I was sleeping, at 10:30 at night.

So, what was the question :blink:

Was it THE question?

Enough with the bragging. My last week off was August last year. And that was only because I hadn't had a break since October 2008.

Tomorrow was supposed to be the start of a month off. Until "Operational Requirements" happened because some senior fucktard made a promise to an elected member of parliament without actually understanding what they were promising. Or asking how long the impossible would actually take.

OK, bitch over. Positive attitude tomorrow. No more grumpiness. Flowers and bunnies and kittens and blue skies and fairy floss...it'll all be really good! :grin:

In the most recent yearly figures from the UK Charity Commisssion, the Donkey Sanctuary received ?22.5M, the Dogs Trust ?60.7M and the Cat?s Protection League ?36.5M. Save the Rhino only got ?888,716, the Gal?pagos Conservation Trust ?628,958 and the Gorilla Organisation ?1.3M.

What the fuck are donkeys spending over 22 million on? Tequila and pole-dancing zebras?

Thanks to all who gave me advice on wireless broadband. Looks like telstra may be my only option, but it's so expensive. Looking into a plan with Bigpond now, because even when over the download limit (and hence my speeds are limited) the theoretical speed is more than my home phone line style broadband's normal speed- how fucked up is that?

In other news, really annoyed in general at the moment. It always the little things that add up and make you feel like crap for no reason, isn't it? Oh well, my life can always get worse so I am still positive* :)

* No, I am not drunk/high! :lol:. I've just developed a pretty positive mindset as of late to try and help myself reign in my negative emotions. It's working to an extent, but stupid stuff (like my iPhone's twitter ap screwing up mid-superbikes) can still annoy me a lot. Working on it though!

Last edited:
So...tonight (maybe this afternoon if they pop over for tea) I will be meeting an old childhood friend after over 10 years.

It will either be an exciting, happy, chatty occasion...or insanely awkward when we realise that we are now both completely different people.

Gulp.

* No, I am not drunk/high! :lol:. I've just developed a pretty positive mindset as of late to try and help myself reign in my negative emotions. It's working to an extent, but stupid stuff (like my iPhone's twitter ap screwing up mid-superbikes) can still annoy me a lot. Working on it though!

I'm always here if you need to talk..... oh right, you said staying positive, moving on. :)

I'm always here if you need to talk..... oh right, you said staying positive, moving on. :)

Awwwww, talking still helps thankyou! Had a bit of a cry after another little thing just broke my positive-ness completely but that really helped. Wrote myself a combination to-do/"be positive" list, had some Rescue Remedy (which really does help me) and I am feeling good now!
Thanks again though, have to say that this forum and awesome people on it (like you!) really do help too- bring on the group hug photos! :D

In other news, really annoyed in general at the moment. It always the little things that add up and make you feel like crap for no reason, isn't it? Oh well, my life can always get worse so I am still positive* :)

true.
good on you for saying it can always get worse, most people (sometimes me included, i admit) just don't want to realize that when they're not doing too great :dunno:
i'm trying to stay positive myself at the moment, and it's quite a bit of work actually. but hey, we can do it :p

also: great you're feeling better :thumbsup:

It will either be an exciting, happy, chatty occasion...or insanely awkward when we realise that we are now both completely different people.

Gulp.

ohh that is so true. i do hope it'll be great, the awkwardness is rather annoying. had a meetup with my primary school class a few years back and it was very strange from time to time, oh indeed...

Last edited:
Had this random conversation in my head while out in the car earlier:

Traffic Cop: Could you tell me exactly why you were travelling at 88mph, sir?
Me: I was trying to go back in time.
Cop: Trying to be clever, sir?
Me: Trying to keep your parents from meeting actually.

Awwwww, talking still helps thankyou! Had a bit of a cry after another little thing just broke my positive-ness completely but that really helped. Wrote myself a combination to-do/"be positive" list, had some Rescue Remedy (which really does help me) and I am feeling good now!
Thanks again though, have to say that this forum and awesome people on it (like you!) really do help too- bring on the group hug photos! :D

You're welcome, and you're far too kind. :p

bring on the group hug photos! :D

That requires a 2 hour drive up north.... and it might be considered a missed opportunity to leave only with a hug..... :wicked:

Last edited:
Had this random conversation in my head while out in the car earlier:

Traffic Cop: Could you tell me exactly why you were travelling at 88mph, sir?
Me: I was trying to go back in time.
Cop: Trying to be clever, sir?
Me: Trying to keep your parents from meeting actually.

I chuckled :D Funnily enough after the fake time photo there seems to be more interest in Back to The Future again. I downloaded all three of them and started watching them again!

Last edited:
So...tonight (maybe this afternoon if they pop over for tea) I will be meeting an old childhood friend after over 10 years.

Gulp.

Someone has suggested organising a 10 year high school reunion for October this year.

Not really sure about going. All the people I didn't hate, I kept in touch with.
Everyone else I really couldn't care less about.