Random Thoughts....

horah over $30k saved for my house D:

Not even half way for a deposit...

I can't complain too much, I mean this is part of car ownership, and having my first means all the bits and pieces come at once. It's all around my birthday, because I essentially bought my car as a birthday present for myself and it had just been re-registered when I got it. My father also paid for my RACV membership the first time round as a present, so that's also due beginning of August. :lol:

@ HH you're further along with being able to afford your own house than I am. I couldn't even afford to rent anywhere decent atm without rent assistance (which I don't want, I'd much rather be financially independent). I'm resigned to the fact I've got to put up with living at home for a while yet. :sigh:

Last edited:

Nice effort, pity about that first home owners grant being axed. I think a lot of people are over extending themselves on their mortgages and living outside their means (idiots thinking that no matter their income they're entitled to four bedroom villas, the latest cars and plasma screens, etc), so it's good to see that you're setting yourself up nicely.

Pity about the first home owners grant being slashed.

Nice effort, pity about that first home owners grant being axed. I think a lot of people are over extending themselves on their mortgages and living outside their means (idiots thinking that no matter their income they're entitled to four bedroom villas, the latest cars and plasma screens, etc), so it's good to see that you're setting yourself up nicely.

Pity about the first home owners grant being slashed.

first home owners grant sucks if you're buying an existing house anyway, not really worth it.

I'm toying with the idea of buying an investment property which doesn't require as much capital, something that would need new kitchen/bathroom in 2-3 years and rent it out until I can afford to live in it

No sleep 'til

{ duhduh, duh duhhh }

No sleep 'til...

{ duhduh, duh duhhhhh }

No!

Sleep!

'Til...not Brooklyn, but at least 'til December or so.

I'm so dang tired.

Just thought of another terrible action movie involving cars:
A Dark Night With a Broken Headlight

I was once told I have a voice for radio.

I'm just glad they didn't tell me I have a face for radio.

Got to work this morning and somebody had dropped TopGear Mag issue 205 with the "The Best Of The Columns" booklet on my desk :D

Now I don't know if it's a gift or a loan :unsure:

If I had something higher-quality than a cheap little mic I might be tempted to contribute.

I can't remember but can I send an item I buy on eBay to a different person? I'm not in town when the item arrives and the seller didn't answer my question by now.

Never mind about the bird, taken care of. Just opened the fireplace doors and the slider and the bird flew out towards the woods.

I've been trying to decide if I should apply for a junior designer position or go for a job as a complaint's clerk for an automotive council for the past hour :(

You're just applying to the jobs, not accepting them. Go for both and take whatever you can get in this economy!

Pity about the economy and people having such trouble. In other economic news, my father has pulled some of the money he had in oil and bought a bunch of gold. We're expecting a package of bullion to arrive any day :lol:

the misspelling and the admittance made it much more funnier. :lol:

Traditionally here you put down 5% to 10% to buy a house; the hell does a single male need a $300-600,000 house for? Here that would buy you nearly 3000 square feet; or are you planning to live in downtown (insert big city here)?

500x_nerdhaaaate.jpg

lolwut

Traditionally here you put down 5% to 10% to buy a house; the hell does a single male need a $300-600,000 house for? Here that would buy you nearly 3000 square feet; or are you planning to live in downtown (insert big city here)?

Unfortunately, Australia has some of the most overpriced housing in the world. $300,000 would get you a detatched 3-bedroom ex-council house in a bad suburb, where your neighbours will have violent dogs and domestic arguments every night. $600,000 on the other hand would get you a 5+ bedroom house in a good suburb, where your neighbours will be more concerned with ensuring their Ford Territory is the next trim level up from yours. Around where I live, $400,000 is around the price you'd pay for a nice, ~3-4 bedroom house in a good, livable location. It's probably more expensive in Melbourne, though.