Random Thoughts....

You people have a lot to say in a week don't you?

Sure do. I've learned there is no point trying to catch up with this thread if you miss more than a day or two... not only does it make the brain hurt but most of the stuff in here is mindless chitchat anyway and hardly worth the hours it would take to catch up.

I'm glad your sister is okay. Apparently there is much chaos at the railway stations in Duisburg and neighbouring cities, so if she went there by train, getting home will be a little difficult.

The Love Parade was aborted at around 11 pm - one hour before the planned end - without any information from the organizers. They just turned off the music.

I just hope no one of my friends was there - but most of them like music with guitars in it, so I don't worry too much.

The associated press is reporting the death toll has risen to 17.

Train was the only option to get there in the first place I guess. Train to d?sseldorf is about 15minutes, she went on that just after 10 should she home by now.

Sure do. I've learned there is no point trying to catch up with this thread if you miss more than a day or two... not only does it make the brain hurt but most of the stuff in here is mindless chitchat anyway and hardly worth the hours it would take to catch up.

I do that with a lot of threads. Not so much now as I no longer use iSpy.

I guess part of the problem is that people didn't realize how many others will be attending. If everyone carried one or two bottles of water, there may not have been that many casualties. But organization is also to blame - who schedules a live music fest in a period of July, that is universally known as the hottest time of the year.

You don't go to a concert without a bottle of water in your backpack...beer works too.

yeah, cure dehydration with alcohol.

yeah, nothing like drinking a warm beer from a bottle in the blistering sun while in a large group :p

You know the problem here? Bad organisation, its not 'the people' that should realise how many people will be attending, its the ones organising it.
Becides, people are sheep, in groups one follows the other, and lord help you if they panic and stampede......

In these situations it's normally those people who panic who die. It's what always happens in extreme situations, some people panic, some stay calm but most freeze.

It's always sorry to have dead people in a concert. It also shows they never heard of Republica Croma?on

I guess part of the problem is that people didn't realize how many others will be attending. If everyone carried one or two bottles of water, there may not have been that many casualties. But organization is also to blame - who schedules a live music fest in a period of July, that is universally known as the hottest time of the year.

You don't go to a concert without a bottle of water in your backpack...beer works too.

That wasn't the issue. Let me google translate you some eye witness reports:

nterview with the AP news agency: "Everybody wanted to have on the site. To speed up, some are avoided on the stairs." This leads directly to the freight station of the subway, but "pushed from behind by more and more". There have been only 40 minutes panic, only then did one emergency lane can be formed. For many, the help came too late. Dustin: "Next to me is a girl died." It was simply overwhelmed. Another girl was lying next to him and was already turned blue. With mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, he had to revive them. "On me were two people." Some five or six people had been stacked over each other. Finally, it would have pulled out by a paramedic. It was so close that his shoes stuck between people: "I had already finished with his life. I did not think that I still get air."

Interview with the AP news agency: "When the police tried to cordon off the area, we were brutally pushed forward, the people got ahead of breath." The mood was initially not have been aggressive. "They wanted it all just fun. (...) Then have all been crying, I cried. I've never seen a man is dead."

Voices on the Internet portal Derwen - Mario: "There were thousands of people in the tunnel. Have fallen too much in any case. The people are in rows. And the police has sent more and more people from both sides of the tunnel". Stefan: "Who has fallen, has been trampled down directly." The paramedics were not only through. Rebecca: "Then an ambulance drove through the crowd, but that were all crowded together even more. Everybody was totally hysterical."

Interview with the AP news agency: "We were standing in the middle. It had tried more and more people yet to come to the site. (...) We had been through the tunnel and were on the short piece at the entrance. There was, however, no more. " Some were climbing over fences and on a ladder or on a narrow staircase tunnel end. "We then get back through the tunnel. My friend and I've hardly breathe and have the elbow extended to still get away. (...) We then alerted the police and said that in the tunnel immediately to mass panic will come. " Happened was once nothing. "That was about a forty-five minutes before the accident was. Since, however, were already people in rows folded."

Just back from Inception. I am mentally exhausted, but in a very good way. Fuckin' brilliant movie.

But I *still* don't like Ellen Page!

But I *still* don't like Ellen Page!

She's rather cute, but I didn't like her acting performance. :(

I just got back from Inception today too. That was complete mindfuck. That was a film Xzibit would be proud of.

I need to watch it again since I kept missing important dialogue, like the line where
the purpose of the totems were explained
which stopped me from getting the significance of the ending.

The Cape was awesome, plenty of cute girls to talk to, best week I've had down there in terms of weather in a long time.

The Cape? Where's that? Wherever it is it sounded like fun!

Last edited:
Anyone have a racing game that can be run on a 7 year old PC with a 64 MB Grforce MX 440? Preferably with a cockpit view?I'm thinking something akin to test drive

I felt like doing nothing today and completely succeeded at that task! :D

i feel quite drunk but i feel like i can write english quite good still...... :D

edit: i did not spend 30 min writing this post and correcting my spelling....

Last edited:
Anyone have a racing game that can be run on a 7 year old PC with a 64 MB Grforce MX 440? Preferably with a cockpit view?I'm thinking something akin to test drive

NFS 4 High Stakes :)