Random Thoughts....

-1000 points for design. +1 point for Azumanga Daioh.

LOL
I adblocked most of the page because I did a "redesign a website" project at school so I didn't even see that :lmao:

Azumanga Daioh is awesome.

Once people start getting "removed" once or several times I just give up, I don't even know what that means. I'm lucky enough to be very close to my entire immediate family up to and including cousins, aunts, and uncles. Which is actually quite a lot of people as my father had 5 siblings, my mother had 4, and all of them have children.

It's messed up. A first cousin once removed is both your first cousin's kid and your grandparent's sibling's (aka great aunt/uncle's) kid (aka. a first cousin of your mom/dad). Removing is supposed to show how many generations you are seperated from your cousins by. A second cousin would then be your great uncle's grandchild, even though most people use second cousin to mean first cousin once removed and AAARRRRRGGGGGHHH stupid terminology, make a head asplode.

Anyways, my family on my mom's side is huge. Her parents were both married and had several children (for the life of me I have no idea which aunts and uncles came from which grandparent) then got divorced and married each other and she was their only child together. Because of that her siblings are quite older than her, I think the closest is five years or more. I have no cousins around my age, most are too old to have ever connected with (I even have a handful of cousins my mom's age), and I have a couple of cousins younger than me, and the few cousins who have kids' kids are all too young - so whenever I saw cousins I was never able to play with them or interact in any meaningful way and I don't know anything about any of them. Plus we've never lived in the same place as any other family so we only ever saw family once a year. And on my dad's side there's just his loser brother who is totally fried from heavy drug use and his kids that I only ever saw a whole one time who live with his ex wife. So, basically what I'm trying to say is that I feel no connection at all to any of my extended family, the only ones I ever did were my grandparents and I haven't had any since 2005. The scores of aunts/uncles/cousins I have I can't even call my family because they're honestly strangers to me (even though I've seen them all before) and I don't even care to know them. As far as I'm concerned my entire family is my mom, dad, brother, and dog (hey, he's smarter than some people I've met!), I'm fine with that and feel perfectly fulfilled.

The only newsworthy thing that's ever happened to any of my extended family is being murdered and dropped to the bottom of a lake in a barrel full of cement. I don't even know why, and I don't even know when (I think it was before I was born but I don't even know).

My father is the youngest of 13 kids. I have 46 first cousins on my fathers' side, there are 72 or 73 directly related people to me on my fathers' side total. Start getting into removed relatives only on my father's side and the figure quickly jumps into the mid hundreds, my grandmother had several siblings as well as my grandfather, and then they all had several children as well. My great aunt wrote a book about her life, we have a copy, and in the back is a full family tree as of ~5 years ago. It's about 12 pages long of tiny text.

Luckily my mothers' side is much smaller. There's 14 of us total there.

I can't decide whether it's irony or karma, but having ordered the removal of a wasps' nest at work two weeks ago, getting stung on the elbow by a bee on the drive home is highly unpleasant.

Actually it still hurts like a bitch, in spite of ibuprofen and an antihistamine cream! :(

Last edited:
So, my passport got munged, it's about to expire anyway, and I need to have it for a business trip to Mexico in the not-too-distant future. No big deal, just go dig up the old birth certificate, right?

Turns out that sometime in the last decade, water got to it and now it's partially ruined.

So now I have to deal with even more government bureaucracy. Yay. I am soooo thrilled. Still on the phone with State, seeing what 'expedited processing' is really meaning these days....

Went on a short road trip with the wife, around the area. We were thinking of going to the Illinois state capital, Springfield, but I did not prepare rotten vegetables in time to hurl at the governors mansion.
What politicians can get away with here in Illinois; if corruption on this scale happened in my home state of Wisconsin, the politicians would be dragged out into the streets and stoned. Even though I think he is a liberal butthead, I really admire Wisconsin State Senator Russ Feingold. Everything he does is transparent.

One of my recent life goals is to eliminate corruption on a personal level; it is so easy in the business I work in, yet so hard to avoid.

Last edited:
Ah, had my last visit to the dentist today. I've had a mere 10 fillings this year, no doubt due my healthy diet of fizzy drinks, mints, biscuits and chocolate. :cool:

Just got to remember to look after my teeth a bit more seems as once I'm over 18 I'll have to pay for the damn things and I've had over ?600 of dental work done this year... :blink:

Ah, had my last visit to the dentist today. I've had a mere 10 fillings this year, no doubt due my healthy diet of fizzy drinks, mints, biscuits and chocolate. :cool:

Just got to remember to look after my teeth a bit more seems as once I'm over 18 I'll have to pay for the damn things and I've had over ?600 of dental work done this year... :blink:
May I suggest some Hedley and Wyche?
13646_512x288_manicured__ZtTNIiDKhUOs8IdX7b3hbA.jpg

Note to self, 6 PM is a bad time for an afternoon snack. I'm just now starting to feel hungry again.

So, my passport got munged, it's about to expire anyway, and I need to have it for a business trip to Mexico in the not-too-distant future. No big deal, just go dig up the old birth certificate, right?

Turns out that sometime in the last decade, water got to it and now it's partially ruined.

So now I have to deal with even more government bureaucracy. Yay. I am soooo thrilled. Still on the phone with State, seeing what 'expedited processing' is really meaning these days....

Were you born in Texas or Cali I forget.

My dog actually ate my birth certificate when we moved into the new house so I had to get a new one from Texas. Was easy to do the expedited version as long as I was there at the records building in Austin. Went in in the morning gave them the proper documents and they had a new "Copy" of my original birth certificate by the next morning. Was a bit of a PITA to fly down there and get it done but I was planning to vacation down there anyway.