Random Thoughts....

May I suggest some Hedley and Wyche?
Hahaha, I had to look it up on YouTube, thats hilarious! :lol:

I must say though I have the worst teeth out of everyone I know, including people twice my age! Still, they don't look too bed, they are all straight and reaonsably white, just full of holes you can't see! :rolleyes:

Very useful things, tools. Did you get a tool box too?

Well, the tools did came in a little double hinged box so you can keep them upright and stuff.

I think we need to get someone to look at the planet's plumbing....there appear to be a number of issues.

Nah, It's just that Hondurans generally throw their garbage anywhere and that clogs all the gutters and stuff, that floods it.

Diet Coke is the new Pepsi One.

I love the Josie and the Pussycats movie for it's ridiculous take on our consumer society.

Josie and the Pussycats is the best movie ever!!
Join the army

-1000 points for design. +1 point for Azumanga Daioh.

Me: Good god this site is awful who the hell...Wait was that osaka?

So, my passport got munged, it's about to expire anyway, and I need to have it for a business trip to Mexico in the not-too-distant future. No big deal, just go dig up the old birth certificate, right?

WRONG!

they finally called you to end the drug war right?

Were you born in Texas or Cali I forget.

Born outside of the U.S. Currently living my dream.

Were you born in Texas or Cali I forget.

My dog actually ate my birth certificate when we moved into the new house so I had to get a new one from Texas. Was easy to do the expedited version as long as I was there at the records building in Austin. Went in in the morning gave them the proper documents and they had a new "Copy" of my original birth certificate by the next morning. Was a bit of a PITA to fly down there and get it done but I was planning to vacation down there anyway.

Neither, and I have the slight additional complication of the fact that as a .mil-brat, I was born in a Naval hospital and therefore have two birth certificates to my name, both equally valid. Unfortunately, the Navy one was destroyed in a flood a long time back and I never bothered to get it replaced - most times I need to present a birth certificate, they don't know what to make of that one; it was my state-issued one that I just discovered got hosed.

Fortunately, the state in question allows online ordering via a contract with VitalChek/LexisNexis and claims they should have another one in my hands in four to five business days. Getting another one from the Navy? Welllll.... that's going to take a lot longer. Edit: And probably a visit in person to the records department of the hospital at MCAS <NAME OF BASE REDACTED>. And even then, there's been a couple of fires on the base since I was born, so they may no longer have the records and I may have to go to one of the Navy archives to find it.

Last edited:
Yaaaay, Airplane! is airing on Turner Classic Movies as I type. One of the most epically hilarious films ever.....IN THE WORLD!

Not really. Some people cope well under pressure while others just crack before you know it. I too sometimes feel stressed when others aren't and yet, I don't feel stressed when people are and I feel bad that I can't help them because I'm not really that helpful type of person in emotions. Only in knowledge.

Yes it is strange. My sister suffers from seizures, and while it's kinda scary to see someone have one, it isn't course to just break down in front of them and then suffer from paranoia that it's going to happen to you for weeks afterwards.

If you buy a 100 year old house, do the next owner a favor, do not paint the quite pretty 100 year old moldings in the house. If you must paint them, do not paint them the exact color of poop.

Anyone know a good way to strip paint, by the way?

There are strippers you paint on and leave for a few hours then just wipe off. They aren't exactly cheap, thought. They also come in toxic and eco friendly formulas. Guess which works better.

The environment will understand completely that I don't want my bathroom and bedroom to have poop colored molding and walls. That's why nature made poop that color, so smart people wouldn't paint their houses in it.

I am so tired of this sore throat. I have no idea why I have a sore throat. I hate it.

Yaaaay, Airplane! is airing on Turner Classic Movies as I type. One of the most epically hilarious films ever.....IN THE WORLD!

Have you ever been in a turkish prison?

So, my passport got munged, it's about to expire anyway, and I need to have it for a business trip to Mexico in the not-too-distant future. No big deal, just go dig up the old birth certificate, right?

Turns out that sometime in the last decade, water got to it and now it's partially ruined.

So now I have to deal with even more government bureaucracy. Yay. I am soooo thrilled. Still on the phone with State, seeing what 'expedited processing' is really meaning these days....

I hope I never have to get a copy of my birth certificate. I would have to hop an international flight to do that.

Ah, had my last visit to the dentist today. I've had a mere 10 fillings this year, no doubt due my healthy diet of fizzy drinks, mints, biscuits and chocolate. :cool:

Just got to remember to look after my teeth a bit more seems as once I'm over 18 I'll have to pay for the damn things and I've had over ?600 of dental work done this year... :blink:

Niice! I still have fillings to do but no money to pay for them. I just know what when I finally get around to those it's going to cost me a lot of cash most likely :(

I am so tired of this sore throat. I have no idea why I have a sore throat. I hate it.

I usually just drink hot water, lemon juice with a liberal helping of honey. I second drinking ginger tea too.

All I've done today is yawn frequently, but I'm not really tired. Huh....
I guess the classrooms are over-heated or something. I don't mind the cold at all, in fact, I find most are buildings over-heated in winter - perhaps that's the cause of my yawning? It did stop as soon as I got back outside into the cold air. :think:

Preparing for a cross country move is a bit ridiculous. I realize I'm only going off to school, but since I'll be staying in an apartment I need all sorts of piddly little things you never think about until you start thinking about what you live with every day.

Basic set of dishes to eat on? Got those, but I also need implements to clean them afterwards: soap, scrubbing dodads, drying rack, dish towels. Still need most of that. Being able to prepare food is also a good idea. Knives? Can opener? Cookware? Random gadgetry? Sheets for the bed: well two sets of sheets makes the most sense, since I'll want one to put on when the previous one goes to wash (which means I need laundry detergent, and perhaps dryer sheets, and a hamper of some sort). Lamps? Seating? Toilet plunger? Shower curtain? Medicine cabinet?

My room right now is in complete disarray with freshly bought stuff everywhere waiting to be packed down to Texas. I've got a path from the door to the desk to the bed that isn't covered in boxes and bags.

What should be a simple process quickly turns ridiculous (and it doesn't help my mother isn't discouraging me from preparing fully, she's right there suggesting things I need) when we basically attempt to supply me with a complete set houseware.

Yeeeeeeesh, this is going to be a headache, especially once I'm in Texas and start remembering things I've forgotten.