Random Thoughts....

You're missing out man, nothing like dressing well to make you feel good. The ritual of getting ready is to some extent a calming exercise in the morning. I especially love when I suit up. A nice slim cut jacket and trousers, with skinny tie and dress shoes. Ohh son, thats my shit.

My usual attire:

Summer:
T-Shirt (often with some nerdy slogan or FG logo - usually black)
Cargo shorts
Light-duty hiking shoes or my Adidas street shoes.

Winter:
T-Shirt or long-sleeve shirt, often with a hooded sweatshirt or sweater (jumper)
Jeans (regular ones from the local tack shop)
Light-duty hiking shoes or winter hiking boots

Going out for the night:
Pumas (if going with black/gray) or Adidas (if going with brown)
Raw silk shirt
Lucky jeans

I dress for comfort and utility most of the time.

You probably own more shoes than me. I only really wear about 3 pairs of them regularly too ( 2 kinds of foam flip flops and clog/boot things for the winter) :lol:
*fails at girly*

That doesn't mean you don't have other shoes though I bet. Formal events require formal shoes etc. A shoe for every purpose, and a purpose for every shoe.

I think I got my shoeness from my mom, she never let me go someplace as a kid without dressing appropriately. She is wild about collecting them, and has a Sex and the City closet full of em. Default gift for anniversary/b-day/christmas/whenever my dad screws the pooch has been a pair of designer shoes. I remember as a kid looking through fashion magazines for my dad to get my mom a pair whenever he had to miss a important date due to business. I could tell Manolo Blahniks from Christian Louboutins from Jimmy Choos.

Most of my shoes consist of things I wore once and they were horribly uncomfortable so I never wore them again.
I have one pair of heels for formal wear.

Went to the subway in La Jolla because I needed to fill gas and the station there is awesome.

Saw a black gallardo getting filled up.

Then in subway, the guy tesellated the cheese! PERFECTLY! And he even said he tries to get an even amount of stuff on there.

Then on the drive back, had the beach to my left, parasailers in front of me, and a white ferrari 430 scuderia turning into La Jolla.

Overall: Great day :p

Back to the shoe talk.

I grew up in the Flint Michigan area, and until the mid 90s, it produced more vehicles than Detroit.

Since I think you still live around there, the next time you are in Flushing, there is a small city park off of River Road, about the size of a housing lot, and has big pine trees in it; that was my Grandfathers land. The house that was on it was a shack; my fathers bedroom was once a chicken house. No electricity, no running water. All that remains is the trees, which my uncle planted. He loved pine trees so much he opened a Christmas Tree farm.

In other news, in one month I will be finally divorced form that ornery, hot tempered moody bitch I have been saddled with for too long now.

AKA Summer. ;)

Last edited:
Ugh busy. Still packing. Going away party tonight. Car show most of the day tomorrow. Leaving for Texas on Sunday. I can has spare time?

Since I think you still live around there, the next time you are in Flushing, there is a small city park off of River Road, about the size of a housing lot, and has big pine trees in it; that was my Grandfathers land. The house that was on it was a shack; my fathers bedroom was once a chicken house. No electricity, no running water. All that remains is the trees, which my uncle planted. He loved pine trees so much he opened a Christmas Tree farm.

In other news, in one month I will be finally divorced form that ornery, hot tempered moody bitch I have been saddled with for too long now.

AKA Summer. ;)
I hope you have better luck in the future. Me if ever I had to be divorced I would never ever get married again.

I hope you have better luck in the future. Me if ever I had to be divorced I would never ever get married again.

Well unfortunately in his case she'll come running back in about 8 months time and since he's such a softie he won't be able to say no.... Don't say I didn't tell you so :p

Non-black shoes are never "formal".

I'd class a brown suit with brown shoes as formal atire, am I mad... in a coma, or back in time?

[/obscure television reference]

Oh god. I think I'll just live with not knowing.

You saw the first 30 seconds didn't you, told you .

Don't get me started, I just feel constricted in clothes like that, and over time, physically uncomfortable, especially if I start to sweat. Not to mention how pointless and annoying it is to have a random piece of cloth dangling from your neck. I'd be happy if I never have to wear a suit and tie again. The edges of dress shoes cut into my ankles, and tall collars feel like they are choking me.

Maybe I'm just bitter because of my middle/high school uiniform, but I'd be happy to never wear a collared shirt, dress pants, tie, belt, or blazer again.

And at the other side of the spectrum there's me who pretty much uses a palette swap of his old uniform (Polo shirt, dress pants, black tie, black shoes) every day and loves to dress in a suit. Despite that i only own like, 2 pairs of shoes, none of which are sneakers.

Dear depression oand anxiety

Fuck You

Thats all

Here's a few random shots of the cute little steam train I had a ride on today (with lots of very excited little children lol). I didn't get many pics as my crappy camera's battery pack is dying and doesn't keep it's charge very long. So these are just my favourites of what I managed to capture.

DSCN1344.jpg

DSCN1345.jpg

DSCN1337.jpg

DSCN1342.jpg

This is my fave: a Y class train originally built in 1889 alongside a current country commuter train - both pulled up at a station first built in 1862. :) There was also a larger 1940's K-class train pushing at the back - but there were so many people crowded around it when we disembarked I didn't get a decent shot of it.

DSCN1346.jpg

...and did you have a friends in a Jaaag and a motorcycle race alongside? Kidding aside, very nice!