Random Thoughts....

My postilion has been struck by lightening.

Must suck for him.

If z = radius of the pizza and a = the height then ? * radius2 * height = Pi * z * z * a = Pizza

What's "Pi"?

//My brother is a statistician, so naturally I like being an ass when it comes to correct Greek pronunciation. :p

Last edited:
October is looking like it's going to be quite epic. I am in the middle of preparing a 2 weeks road trip across the West Coast of the US:

We're going to start by renting a car in Seattle (so we avoid the stupid crossing the border charge...), then we go south through Washington, Oregon and California with stops in San Francisco and Los Angeles. We then go up to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon and we come back by Salt Lake City. We're still wondering if we should come back by Idaho or Nevada though... What do you think?

We originally planned to go to Tijuana, but it seems to be one of the longest (time-wise) border to cross and our schedule should already be quite packed... So it will be for another time \(^-^)/

Facebook. Is it worth joining? Looks like everyone else is there.

--------------

Better than Inventor and Pro/Engineer, I hear. (Inventor>Pro/E)
BBC News ? Google boss Eric Schmidt warns on social use of media
BBC News said:
Young people may one day have to change their names in order to escape their previous online activity, Google boss Eric Schmidt has warned.

Mr Schmidt told the Wall Street Journal he feared they did not understand the consequences of having so much personal information about them online.
Article continues
:)

I think the key is how much info you put up.

I've only put the information about me on Facebook that A: I'm comfortable letting people know and B: by selecting the people I let see this info.

The privacy problem comes about when people are stupid, don't post info online you don't want getting out, don't just add every friend request you get, don't make you profile public to everyone. Don't announce to the enitre internet your address stating you are having a party and don't post pictures of yourself looking like a slag or a douchebag. :rolleyes:
Tbh I've just found it common sense...

Of course there is the issue where people can post pictures of you and tag them, but that depends on the quality of your friends! :lol:

That article said:
"we know roughly who you are, roughly what you care about, roughly who your friends are."

Meh, you could probably find that out by trawling through my forum posts. If you don't want somebody to know about something don't post it online at all!

Last edited:
Worst night's sleep ever! I got woken up three times by people doing god-knows-what out in the street, things crashing around and some random drunk idiot crashing his ute into the curb outside my neighbours house, hollering and swearing at someone who was with him and then tearing off. My neighbours are really pissed off.

I feel like a zombie.....BRAIIINNNSSS!!!

lots of random :

1)It looks like I will be becoming a homeowner, I have never felt so responsible old and boring.

2)I also seem to be stuck in vietnam era music mood, with the associated melancholy.

3)Item nr1 means lots of paperwork.....I'm already frustrated and I havent even started.

4)Depression is a bitch.

I'm looking to buy in the next 12 months and I'm guessing that I'm younger than you :p so you're not old and boring (unless I am)

Worst night's sleep ever! I got woken up three times by people doing god-knows-what out in the street, things crashing around and some random drunk idiot crashing his ute into the curb outside my neighbours house, hollering and swearing at someone who was with him and then tearing off. My neighbours are really pissed off.

I feel like a zombie.....BRAIIINNNSSS!!!

Lol, Ballarat

The way I'm going it's looking very very unlikely I'll be able to afford my own house outright anytime before the age of thirty. Oh well, I could always rent a dive somewhere and live in fear of being burgled / assaulted every other night....ermm I digress.

The sooner this year ends and I get my first ever actual vocational qualification the better.

The way I'm going it's looking very very unlikely I'll be able to afford my own house outright anytime before the age of thirty. Oh well, I could always rent a dive somewhere and live in fear of being burgled / assaulted every other night....ermm I digress.

So you'll stay in Ballarat then :p

An option is that if you can get a deposit together, buy something and rent it for 12+months (if you've got really cheap/free accommodation at home for example). That way you can pump all your spare $ into the mortgage which can really get some money paid off. Then, when you're ready to move in, you can usually get away with a repaint and carpet (depending on the tenants of course - a good tenancy manager is a must!).

Sad, but true. :-(

Last night's shenanigans conveniently brought it all home for me. Stupid neighbours and randoms.....

If you don't like it move to Melbourne, buy a house halfway between Melbourne and Ballarat (which when I was little there used to be nothing there, now it seems like Melbourne just about stretches to Ballarat)

Melton, Bacchus Marsh and Ballan would like a word. :lol:

If I move away from here it would most likely be to Geelong. My cousins and some old school friends live / work / go to uni there, and then they'd never be rid of me..... MUAHAHAHAHA! :evil:

Melton, Bacchus Marsh and Ballan would like a word. :lol:

If I move away from here it would most likely be to Geelong. My cousins and some old school friends live / work / go to uni there, and then they'd never be rid of me..... MUAHAHAHAHA! :evil:

The idea of moving is to generally move somewhere better not worse

My postilion has been struck by lightening.

My toaster betrayed me. It received the traditional punishment for failed assassins.

(It was toasting bread then burst into flames.)

I just got home with my new toaster. Hopefully this one won't go Brutus on me as well.

Clean out the crumbs once in a while and that shouldn't happen.

Clean out the crumbs once in a while and that shouldn't happen.

Heh, it wasn't the crumbs that caught fire (I empty it and clean it every month, and I don't use it all that much to begin with) - it was the power cord.

That sucks.