Random Thoughts....

http://img543.imageshack.**/img543/912/dramaticchipmunk.gif
JPIDI.gif

The forms for my graduation stuff came in the mail today. Sorting out tickets and my gown and whatnot (provided I pass - which I should, but even if you don't you still have to pay admin fees, so I'd better make it worth it!). I felt a bit pathetic when I saw the size categories for the gown and knew I'd be picking the smallest.... yep I know I'm a shorty but that's just rubbing it in! :lol:

Also, the ceremony will be the same day as my mum's speech night for her school, so she won't be able to come. :-( Hopefully dad and stepmum can.....or failing that I'll drag my best mates Kellie and Alex along by shoving the extra purchased tickets under their noses and guilt-tripping them into coming. Muahahaha! :evil:

EDIT: Also, my internets are still being stupid....so not much surfing for me tonight.

Congratulations D:

Telstra ADSL has been screwy all day apparently

Lol, the custom plate "DOUCHE" isn't taken

$495 and it could be mine for life

Do it! Buy it, post pics and I think I can safely say you'll be repped into orbit! :lmao:

Do it!

Then what's gonna happen when the other half finds out what you have? Doesn't go down well with the ladies.

In other news, I am in the city tommorow to do my school performance thingy (Vicmoves for those who are interested...Fuck you State Government to not giving a shit about the Arts) and then the next day got three SACs to do. Don't know what I'm freaking out more.

HH: DO IT!! :lmao:

Also, we're not with Telstra for our internet, but Neighbourhood Cable. They're not having problems, it's just that we've exceeded our cap for the first time ever and so we're at dial-up speed. I hate it! Our TV reception is finally back after lots of fiddling with the tuning and some wind-related problems with transmitters in town being fixed.

At least we're not under water here, unlike some of the towns to our North-East...well, we're on a bit of a rise and we have no river (although the Yarrowee Creek is at the highest I've seen it since I was a little kid and you can't see all the dumped shopping trolleys anymore), so...yeah.

Anyone know anything about Thrifty the car rental people? I'm looking at hiring a car at Sydney Airport next week for a few days and they appear to have the cheapest rates, and I'm just wondering if they're a little too cheap? Too good to be true? I'm wondering why they're almost $100 cheaper than AVIS, whether there are unseen charges I need to be careful of such as kilometres, etc.

I looked online for some reviews and there are plenty from America and everyone rated them one star and says they're rubbish. But you'd get that on an online review site because a) people are only going to post about their negative experiences, and b) in the eyes of an amateur reviewer, everything is either complete rubbish or absolutely brilliant. There's no middle ground which is unhelpful.

Last edited:
Read the T&Cs of the contract - should be available on-line. Have a hunt around you consumer web sites - do you have something like "Which" our consumer organisation? Hunt around the internet - and you have done the best one ask on any boards you post on - good luck but 100AUD less is a tad too cheap, I would be suspicious myself too.

I'll ring them tomorrow and find out. It's cheaper to hire through a third party apparently, and they seem to say kilometres are unlimited (I plan on a 1000km round trip) but I better make sure.

Anyone know anything about Thrifty the car rental people? I'm looking at hiring a car at Sydney Airport next week for a few days and they appear to have the cheapest rates, and I'm just wondering if they're a little too cheap? Too good to be true? I'm wondering why they're almost $100 cheaper than AVIS, whether there are unseen charges I need to be careful of such as kilometres, etc.

I looked online for some reviews and there are plenty from America and everyone rated them one star and says they're rubbish. But you'd get that on an online review site because a) people are only going to post about their negative experiences, and b) in the eyes of an amateur reviewer, everything is either complete rubbish or absolutely brilliant. There's no middle ground which is unhelpful.
We rented a Corolla with Thrifty when we went to Adelaide. They were the cheapest and we got a 10% discount with NRMA membership. The car was a bit older than I expected (bit over 1 year, over 30,000km) but other than that, the service was fine, the car was clean and there were no hidden costs, unlimited km was included and we pre-paid a tank of petrol at around 90c per litre, which worked out well.

Anyway, at the end of it I did regret paying a little bit extra to get an Octavia from Europcar instead. That's only because the Corolla as a car is less than brilliant.

Last edited:
I suspect that they wouldn't issue the plate douche when they manually check the plates before printing

sgf hjdfvgbhjwgrihgvbfauea bvyfa gbjh!!!!!!!!!

Stupid school internet decides to bork itself one night before my maths exam, and my teacher put up worked answers to our revision sheets on their as well!:blowup:

Have to be at work in 25 minutes, better get going, not that I'm all that motivated.....

After 2 months of being with them and only ?10 paid to them - my phone company are paying me ?30ish so far. I can earn more, and its all by being helpful. I love it! :D <3giffgaff

After 2 months of being with them and only ?10 paid to them - my phone company are paying me ?30ish so far. I can earn more, and its all by being helpful. I love it! :D <3giffgaff

And you only had to sell your soul to satan! what a deal! :p

Oh no - Viper's already got that. So no loss anywhere! :D

We rented a Corolla with Thrifty when we went to Adelaide. They were the cheapest and we got a 10% discount with NRMA membership. The car was a bit older than I expected (bit over 1 year, over 30,000km) but other than that, the service was fine, the car was clean and there were no hidden costs, unlimited km was included and we pre-paid a tank of petrol at around 90c per litre, which worked out well.

Anyway, at the end of it I did regret paying a little bit extra to get an Octavia from Europcar instead. That's only because the Corolla as a car is less than brilliant.

Well I booked with Thrifty. Unlimited kilometres and I shelled out for the premium insurance (basically so if in the off chance I have a crash I'm not slugged $4000). It's a Ford Falcon or equivelent (hopefully not a 380 as was shown in the sample pic) so it should do the trick. I'm basically going on a road trip with my girlfriend around rural NSW, through the Blue Mountains, Bathurst (hopefully I'll get a lap of the track in, it's been years since I've been there, they were pulling the old pits down when I was there last so 2003 I think), Orange, and eventually Parkes where we're staying at the Moonraker motel (couldn't pass that opportunity up) :p

I swear they jack the prices up each time you reload the page. For example when I was booking online with Jetstar, the ADL-SYD flight cost $109. I clicked around for half an hour or so trying to find a better deal, couldn't (not counting Tiger but I'll be in my cold grave before I consider flying with those cheapskates...or after!), clicked back to Jetstar and the thieving bastards had already raised the price to $119! Seriously, is there some sort of algorithm that measures how long you've been shopping quotes and clicking around and deliberating, etc?

Last edited:
My internet hasn't been working since last night, yet a friend who lives in the same building has working internet.