Random Thoughts....

it's actually already 6 weeks since that happened, but first i had to go to a physiotherapist 3 times a week, and now they haven't reconnected the ligament, but cut a bit of my hamstrings, and created a completely new one. supposedly it heals faster, and hamstrings are stronger than the original cruciate ligament, so the chance of it tearing off again in the future are pretty slim...

we can rebuild him, we can make him better, stronger, faster...

glad to hear your doing better. i didn't really think through with the roll bar comment, was just a quick reaction to the comment about Quad bikes in general.

My brother has brought home a cold-like virus thingy from work and now I have it. I hope it doesn't effect my performance in my job interview tomorrow afternoon. I'm stressing about it enough already as it is. :-(

be yourself and do the best you can do. can't do anymore than that and if they say no you can at least say "well i gave it my best shot." rather than look on it and be disappointed.

My brother has brought home a cold-like virus thingy from work and now I have it. I hope it doesn't effect my performance in my job interview tomorrow afternoon. I'm stressing about it enough already as it is. :-(

maybe you can turn it into your advantage ;)

Finally started my chronometer again after moving

Also, my everything is tiny. I also wear child's shoes. :lol:

I am very glad I am not a boy in this regard I would have significantly worse self esteem and maybe have to drive a hummer.

Aww, then you could get shoes with racing stripes and lights and everything :p

And I probably couldn't live without a touch screen now, I find myself sometimes trying to zoom in on my laptop by using the pinch motion!!! :lol:

:lol:

Technically I could already do that since I have stripes on the bug :lol:
Obviously I need light yellow shoes with black diagonal stripes now.

And I probably couldn't live without a touch screen now, I find myself sometimes trying to zoom in on my laptop by using the pinch motion!!! :lol: That and I've also lost the ability to text using a numeric keypad, which is also very amusing!
Actually you don't need an ipod for that, my macbook pro has all the same commands for the touchpad, which is probably the most awesome thing about the laptop. I have never bothered to plug in a mouse.

Last edited:
Actually you don't need an ipod for that, my macbook pro has all the same commands for the touchpad, which is probably the most awesome thing about the laptop. I have never bothered to plug in a mouse.

So does my netbook (but not my main laptop, it's too old for that), but it's so counte-intuitive after being able to tap and pinch exactly where you want to zoom! :lol:

eehrm.. Welcome back?
eehrm... Thank you?

:p

:lmao:!!!!! Yes! And it DEFINITELY feels awesome to shit on a proper toilet :D

Welcome back to America.

FUCK YEAH!

That's the vibe I got at LAX. "Welcome back to Mericuh, fuck yeah". I saluted, cried, hummed "proud to be an amerikun" and peed my pants all at the same time.

*Does quite a few things*

Apparently you write like William Gibson.

Last edited:
Welcome back to the land of the free, LP! Look forward to tons of amazing pics from your trip crashing servers worldwide!

In other news a serious weekend of hard landscaping let left me achy but satisfied. Another two and a half tons of gravel and the job will be done.

Reactions: LP
Welcome back to the land of the free, LP! Look forward to tons of amazing pics from your trip crashing servers worldwide!

In other news a serious weekend of hard landscaping let left me achy but satisfied. Another two and a half tons of gravel and the job will be done.

Thank you sir!

22 GB of pics to transfer from laptop I was piggybacking on. Says it'll take 2 hours to just transfer it to my flash drive! Woot!

Wait wat.

Last edited:
starting a 13 week job training course tomorrow thats part of the whole Job Center New Deal program. Its meant to give me some qualifications that i'll be able to put on a cv and also some work experience as well. they were going to put me on a course where i would basically been put into a classroom and for 13 weeks they would go through my CV, qualifications and how i conduct my job search and interview techniques. However i have frequently believed that i don't want to do a course which is basically going to be me stuck in a room with someone telling me how i should be looking for a job, when i could already be out there looking. if i'm going to be doing a course, i'd much rather it be a course where i'm going to get some qualifications at the end of it. If there's one thing i hate about being unemployed is the amount of spare time i have. i mean, i could spend it playing video games all the time and watching tv. its not what i should be doing and i have always preferred to not be one of those welfare scroungers i see down the Job Center when i have to sign on. Above all it'll be great to get out of the house for a bit and meet some new people.
only problem is that my nerves began kicking into high gear over the weekend. when i was put onto the New Deal i did some research on the internet and none of it was too flattering. on top of that i've always been a quiet person by nature and whenever i do something out of my "comfort zone" my nerves go to hell and back. the internet can easily be dismissed but there's always that little nagging thought at the back of my head, always whispering.
fortunately there are numerous methods i'm able to use to get me to calm down. some of these are incredibly simple, say like a quick session of a video game, listening to a bit of music (Doctor Who soundtrack always works wonders) or watching a bit of tv (particulary great shows like NCIS or Doctor Who). Of course i also take solace in the fact that as much as i'm nervous right now, i know i'd be a lot more nervous if i was about to go out on a date with a great looking girl.

sorry for all that, just need to vent and get off my chest. [/rant]

Cleaning the fan and heat sink on a laptop is a bloody frustrating process!:mad::shakefist:

Are we talking cleaning cleaning or merely dusting?

Cleaning cleaning...as in taking the laptop completely apart. Millions of tiny* ass screws.

*Not as tiny as watch screws....

Last edited:
Cleaning cleaning...as in taking the laptop completely apart. Millions of tiny ass screws.

Hehehe.

Tiny screws. In a laptop, you say. Hehe.

Hehehe.

Tiny screws. In a laptop, you say. Hehe.

Yes, yes, we all know you are dealing with much smaller screws and pieces in watchmaking school... :p

Saw Bodies the exhibition today. Prty cul. When we were at the Mall of America this summer we didn't have enough time to get up to the fourth floor and spend an hour looking at dead people, now it's like we didn't even miss it. :cool: (except my mom is a sissy and didn't go)