Random Thoughts....

So I was ready to come in here and ask for some fashion advice, whether I should supplement my everyday tan leather jacket with a blue blazer or a tweed jacket instead. I was all ready to weigh how a blue blazer is a fixture in every man's wardrobe, yet doesn't pair well with dark jeans (like what I wear every day) and how tweed is warmer and more interesting, but still hasn't shaken off its professor image yet...then I remembered, Stephen Fry wore tweed when I met him.

QED.

Reactions: MWF
Asking us for fashion advice?

Have you knocked your head recently? Suffered oxygen deprivation? Eaten some strange fish?

So I was ready to come in here and ask for some fashion advice, whether I should supplement my everyday tan leather jacket with a blue blazer or a tweed jacket instead. I was all ready to weigh how a blue blazer is a fixture in every man's wardrobe, yet doesn't pair well with dark jeans (like what I wear every day) and how tweed is warmer and more interesting, but still hasn't shaken off its professor image yet...then I remembered, Stephen Fry wore tweed when I met him.

QED.

someone else who makes tweed cool
matt-smith-the-eleventh-doctor.jpg

QED.

I rock a brown corduroy 3 button jacket in the cooler months and it goes quite well with jeans and whatever else you want.

I rock a brown corduroy 3 button jacket in the cooler months and it goes quite well with jeans and whatever else you want.
+1 for cord.

I'd have one myself for days too warm for my leather jacket, but I use public transport and the leather jacket is more resistant to things that might be thrown at me. (Last time was temporary red hair dye, got sprayed in it) :rolleyes:

Better to overheat than have a nice jacket ruined by yet another person to lob something at me. Although they always get a good laugh from everyone so I guess I'm a good target. <_<

QI

FTFY! ;P

So, I was about to post a random thought, but there was a huntsman spider sitting right next to me on the window sill. So my thought is "AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!" *runs away screaming*

Anyway, all is well now. I now remember why I hate keeping the windows open.

someone else who makes tweed cool
matt-smith-the-eleventh-doctor.jpg

:drool:

Sorry, what else is going on in this thread? I kinda got distracted....

EDIT: advice please- just bought this on eBay- give it to my friend when I see him next or keep for myself? I think that if I gave it to him.... well, probably better saved for NSFW! :p (Bought it originally with myself in mind, but I already have a signed photo, and the way he fawned over that fact was so funny!)

Last edited:
EDIT: advice please- just bought this on eBay- give it to my friend when I see him next or keep for myself? I think that if I gave it to him.... well, probably better saved for NSFW! :p (Bought it originally with myself in mind, but I already have a signed photo, and the way he fawned over that fact was so funny!)

Better to give than to receive right? :)

Also, avatar change :eek:

Sooooo?
I think my job interview went okay, I was much calmer once I was actually in there than I have been leading up to it, so that made things a little easier for me. Also, the lady from the city council who runs the after school care program and the representitive of the primary school which hosts it were really nice, and I didn?t get any questions I could call ?unexpected?.

There have been a lot of applicants for this casual supervisory position, though, so statistically I think my chances are probably pretty slim. Anyway, I did find out that even if I am unsuccessful in getting a paid position there is chance I could still take part in that school?s holiday program as a volunteer. That would give me valuable experience in working with older children than I have in the past. Most of the children in the program are aged between 5 and 8 with a few older ones who come to work with subject tutors. Volunteering would tie me over well until I can find a job somewhere (and also, I will have graduated with my Diploma of Children?s Services by then which is a higher regarded qualification than the Cert. III I already have).

Anyway, I should know by early next week if anything comes of this. :unsure:

I think I?ll get to bed now, this stupid cold is still hanging on and I have to get up early tomorrow to drop my mum off at the train station. She?s going down to Melbourne to attend a reunion with a group of her old school friends. Nite all! :yawn::wave:

starting a 13 week job training course tomorrow (...)

that sounds like something I had to do when I was unemployed, though it was only 6 weeks, the most boring 6 weeks ever, hopefully you'll have some 'teachers' that know what they are talking about.

Anyway, I should know by early next week if anything comes of this. :unsure:

*crosses fingers*