Random Thoughts....

I post this from my phone in the car on the way to uni. West Midlands here I come! (Doesn't quite sound so appealing...) :p

And another thing: I seem to never be able to learn from my mistakes. Ie don't leave everything to the last minute, which I have to my school studies. FRICK! I'm going to be useless if I can't get a grip on anything.

Test drove a Durango R/T a couple of weeks back. Offered him a price yesterday and he told me the vehicle got sold. No problem since I asked about a grand below asking price. What pissed me off is that he stated I was the only one out of 20 people who test drove the vehicle that heard a drivetrain noise. I guess my ears are better than most and vehicles talk to me. I feel sorry for the person who bought the truck at the asking price...

A question for the cat:

Since you know that jumping on the cupboard will get you sprayed with water - as evidenced by wincing whenever you see the water bottle, or trying to attack it first - why do you keep trying to jump on the cupboard?

Unrelated question to CraigB: What year was your house built? Those moldings look a lot like mine.

Last edited:
Yeah! The baby's room is done. I can get back to working on my car.

Going from one baby to the next? ;)

Lovely room, looks great for your kid, wish you the best.

I just weighed myself and realized that since I came back from Berkeley, I've lost 20 lbs. Yeyuh. Another 10-20 lbs to go!

Hey nice moggy.

Er, what's a moggy?

A question for the cat:

Since you know that jumping on the cupboard will get you sprayed with water - as evidenced by wincing whenever you see the water bottle, or trying to attack it first - why do you keep trying to jump on the cupboard?

Unrelated question to CraigB: What year was your house built? Those moldings look a lot like mine.

You are assuming cats are logical. One of my wife's cats was sitting in the gutter on my garage. I went to ask her what she was doing (the cat, not my wife) and the cat jumped out of the gutter to the ground, about 6 feet and ran off like I was trying to kill her.

The house was built in 1925. I believe it's southern yellow pine. The story the neighbors tell me is the family that built the house actually went to a wooded area near a river that's 6 miles away and hand picked all the trees the house with built with. This is the first room I have redone, eight more to go.

Going from one baby to the next? ;)

Lovely room, looks great for your kid, wish you the best.

I just weighed myself and realized that since I came back from Berkeley, I've lost 20 lbs. Yeyuh. Another 10-20 lbs to go!

Thanks and congratulations on the weight loss, 20 lbs is quite a bit.

Going back to London, for the first time in ages. Can't wait.

The house was built in 1925. I believe it's southern yellow pine. The story the neighbors tell me is the family that built the house actually went to a wooded area near a river that's 6 miles away and hand picked all the trees the house with built with. This is the first room I have redone, eight more to go.
It's a shame that style isn't being used anymore, it's way better, and I would be able to get new molding instead of stripping all the stuff upstairs, which the previous owners painted a variety of terrible colors, including the exact color of poo (in the bathroom, of course. Where else would I see poo and my walls and say "something's too similar here"?).

So I've got 6 rooms to repaint at a minimum. Hooray! Not this year though.

Darker paint in a bathroom is just wrong. Just plain wrong.

and congratulations on the weight loss, 20 lbs is quite a bit.

Probably, but it depends on what percentage of one's total mass was body fat before the weight loss. [/overly analytical for no reason]

Darker paint in a bathroom is just wrong. Just plain wrong.

I actually don't think my bathroom would look very good mostly lightly colored - I've got a very weird bathroom all around though. I was thinking top half white, bottom half navy or burgundy.

Just saw Nigel Mansell appearing on a Money Supermarket ad.

It was surprisingly good to be honest...o_O

Last edited:
Yeah, I like that one too. Then again I'm a fan of Omid Dijali so I'm biased.

Got paid nine hours of overtime today to spend 90% of said time reading a book. Easiest day I have had at a workplace ever.

And to top it off, lunch was catered from an Italian restaurant and was excellent.