Random Thoughts....

So out of curiosity, why did it eat your card BlaRo? Or do you not know why until you go to the branch?

So out of curiosity, why did it eat your card BlaRo? Or do you not know why until you go to the branch?

I'm going to Barclays tomorrow for an appointment to open up a bank account. It'll be my 2nd attempt, because like I said before, this country is full of Vogons. I hope this time I'll actually have all my retina scans, blood and stool samples, mother's maiden name etc. in order.

Could be because my Bank of America card was a temporary one issued to me when my credit card number was stolen a day before I left. Whatever. I'm pissed as hell right now.

I'm going to Barclays tomorrow for an appointment to open up a bank account. It'll be my 2nd attempt, because like I said before, this country is full of Vogons. I hope this time I'll actually have all my retina scans, blood and stool samples, mother's maiden name etc. in order.

Could be because my Bank of America card was a temporary one issued to me when my credit card number was stolen a day before I left. Whatever. I'm pissed as hell right now.

Yeah, but you will have brought the T-220GD form but need the T-220GO

Over the weekend I helped a friend strip some lead paint off the windows of his house...and now I have the desire to watch "Two and a Half Men" should I be worried?

Ah so Bank of America was involved. That explains it all.

I'm pretty sure if I was in that situation USAA would parachute bank tellers and lawyers to the premises to sort everything out. And probably shoot some Scandinavian guy for good measure.

Last edited:
Blake - er I would not use Barclays myself - but hey go for it. What you are falling foul of is the money laundering legislation and all the Fraud perpetrated by dodgy Eastern Europeans and local Chavs recently.

Our cards are different to yours too - they use Chips and not the Mag strip. You can change you pin number in an atm and if anyone takes your card way from you in a shop shout at the bloke "Oi - where are you going with that?" - we always have machines at point of sale some are bluetooth connected - in restruants for instance. So unlike the US they should never leave your possession.

Always always hide your pin as you enter, one scam prevalent in London is for someone to stand behind you note your number having put a false front on the cash machine - they get your chip details and your pin - you are stuffed.

Oh and another is to wait until the screen comes up with amount required and they lean over and press the maximum whilst you are startled they whip the cash out (Usually 250 GBP) and leg it - with your money.

Welcome to Britain - land of the Chav.

Last edited:
Well, I am going to Dubuque Iowa tomorrow at six a.m. and staying in Galena Illinois for the night. This would be the first time I have traveled on my birthday and the first time I have spent mine birthday alone.

Probably stare out at the Missisippi river for hours.

Blake - er I would not use Barclays myself - but hey go for it. What you are falling foul of is the money laundering legislation and all the Fraud perpetrated by dodgy Eastern Europeans and local Chavs recently.

Our cards are different to yours too - they use Chips and not the Mag strip. You can change you pin number in an atm and if anyone takes your card way from you in a shop shout at the bloke "Oi - where are you going with that?" - we always have machines at point of sale some are bluetooth connected - in restruants for instance. So unlike the US they should never leave your possession.

Always always hide your pin as you enter, one scam prevalent in London is for someone to stand behind you note your number having put a false front on the cash machine - they get your chip details and your pin - you are stuffed.

Oh and another is to wait until the screen comes up with amount required and they lean over and press the maximum whilst you are startled they whip the cash out (Usually 250 GBP) and leg it - with your money.

Welcome to Britain - land of the Chav.

its usually because of this that i usually get some cash back with purchases at my local co-op. i rarely (if ever) go to a ATM now since areas of my home town have frequently been hit by scammers and used methods you've described. in particular the false front one.
best thing to do is always cover the keypad whenever entering your PIN number. Even if its in a store, just to be on the safe side.

Ah so Bank of America was involved. That explains it all.

I'm pretty sure if I was in that situation USAA would parachute bank tellers and lawyers to the premises to sort everything out. And probably shoot some Scandinavian guy for good measure.

USAA probably has ex-Air Force PJs standing by for just such a situation.

By far the best service of any financial or insurance company I have ever seen and I spend a lot of time on the phone with banks and insurance companies.

I actually managed to wake up and have a shower before dinner tonight. AND in the middle of all that managed to make an appointment for the doctor again next week. I feel accomplished.

Fucking skunks, stay away from the general area of my house. No idea where it actually is though, apart from "near enough to my house that I smell it when pulling into the driveway."

Well, I am going to Dubuque Iowa tomorrow at six a.m. and staying in Galena Illinois for the night. This would be the first time I have traveled on my birthday and the first time I have spent mine birthday alone.

OK I'll bite. What about Sonia?

whatever happened at that hole stays at that hole. They were stuck there for months.

It was a touching moment when he hugged his family and all, glad he's okay.

For what it's worth, I ended up celebrating my 25th birthday in #gear and have very little to complain about. :)

Absolutely on the edge of my seat watching the rescue of the Chilean miners. Was so glad to see the first guy get out, really praying that everyone gets out safely.

Absolutely on the edge of my seat watching the rescue of the Chilean miners. Was so glad to see the first guy get out, really praying that everyone gets out safely.

I'm on the edge of my seat as well.